JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the real answer. Unrealistic pricing that the market isn't responding to. Lots of people overpay to begin with and then aren't willing to take the hit when they go to sell.
I was trying to sell some Wilson Combat 6.8spc stuff earlier, and even at a discount of more than 30% it wasn't moving.

I'm not gonna blame prices or shipping. Folks just plain are not buying.

There are and have been many dandy deals, completely un-sniffed.

I'm not gonna blame prices or shipping. Folks just plain are not buying.

There are and have been many dandy deals, completely un-sniffed.
Interesting. I sure haven't seen them but that could be due to pretty much giving up on the classifieds as everything I see is way over priced. After seeing ad after ad of things listed for over retail price I don't see any point in looking. I guess I'll have to start looking again.

Edit: just reviewed 5 pages of classifieds and saw one fair deal (pending). Most are priced over their value and some hundreds of dollars over their new value. Looks like nothing has changed to me. Most people are simply asking way too much.

Last Edited:
This is the real answer. Unrealistic pricing that the market isn't responding to. Lots of people overpay to begin with and then aren't willing to take the hit when they go to sell.
This drives me nuts personally. In every deal I've always tried to price used items at a fair discount from the lowest street price for a new version. I look it up on Gun.Deals and then take a percentage off. I am more interested in being able to try things until I find gear that works for me. If not I sell it at a deep discount to get a little money back so I can reinvest in something else. I'm not trying to make money on this stuff.

This drives me nuts personally. In every deal I've always tried to price used items at a fair discount from the lowest street price for a new version. I look it up on Gun.Deals and then take a percentage off. I am more interested in being able to try things until I find gear that works for me. If not I sell it at a deep discount to get a little money back so I can reinvest in something else. I'm not trying to make money on this stuff.
Right on brother!

I'm hemorrhaging $$ on silly things like home remodeling projects, keeping up on vehicle maintenance and/or repairs on 4 vehicles, just recently paid my taxes being I owed again, rafting season is just around the corner and have a few trips to prepare for. Firearms aren't my only interest in life.

I'll typically bye used in that case because I want to save money, but when people want full price may as well buy new and have it delivered to my door step.

Seems like activity on in the classifieds section is really dropping off. I feel like we hit a high in terms of peer to peer transactions a few months back. Now I see countless listings with zero replies, likes etc. that have been posted for weeks. All kinds of stuff even really good stuff priced reasonably. Am I missing something here, or all we all just burnt out of buying firearms related things on NWFA?
Economy is spooking people, is my guess. I picked up some great deals on powder the other. If you feel secure with finances, now is a good time to be a buyer.

I'm hemorrhaging $$ on silly things like home remodeling projects, keeping up on vehicle maintenance and/or repairs on 4 vehicles, just recently paid my taxes being I owed again, rafting season is just around the corner and have a few trips to prepare for. Firearms aren't my only interest in life.
Only 4? You gotta pump those numbers up! Oh yea, add a powerboat too! :p

I know selling or buying in the classifieds are kind of a hard sell. Long gone are the days face to face in Calbelas parking lot. Now it takes coordination between the deal parties and a FFL that will do the paperwork at a fair price. Not to mention the multiple trips if not an instant BGC approval. Here's where I'm at today,
I have a rifle to trade in the classifieds. I believe I've clearly stated what I'm interested in and where I want to do the trade. I'll either do a deal in the next couple of days or take the rifle for a walk at the Albany Gun Show on Sunday morning. If no deal one way or the other, back in the back of the gun safe it'll go and I'll get on with other things.

My guess is too many people still unaware its legal for FFLs to release under the 3 day rule that they have sat in the queue way too long let alone any issues with approvals that classified ads from a stranger are even less appealing.
Everytime I would swing by Sportsmans the gun counter was packed with people filling out forms although that has finally died off now. I would just wonder how many of them knew they could go down the road to one of the few FFLs that honored the 3 day rule if they would have been sitting there.

Buyers are jaded. Add onto that the impending passage of SB2005 and the other one that basically resurrects 114... people dont want to sit in the queue anymore.

Ya know what else I'm seeing? Many guns are scarce to completely unavailable, at any cost. Then somebody offers one of these guns for actual value, and folks think it's too much.

Some sellers are selling used guns for close to retail prices. Many sellers are not willing to lower their asking price even though nobody is interested. Few guns retain their value and more. But most, do not. Might as well buy a new gun instead.

Also, many accessories added to the gun do not add to the value of the firearm. You can easily double the cost of the gun but you are not going to get double the price.

Many sellers are not going to go to pawn shops to sell because, excerpt from Google:
Gunowners should expect to receive no more than 30% of what the pawnshop thinks they can sell the gun for. I assumed that could be the same rule for selling to gun shops.

I was reading yesterday that a number of countries in Europe are up to 16% inflation now.
So are we, the Fed's numbers are a BOLD FACE LIE.

I watch the classifieds, the guns I see selling quickly are Smith Revolves that are priced reasonably, those likely are going straight to GunBroker by the flippers.

Some sellers are selling used guns for close to retail prices. Many sellers are not willing to lower their asking price even though nobody is interested. Few guns retain their value and more. But most, do not. Might as well buy a new gun instead.
I see this all the time in all other classified categories, people pay for it too but I think most people dont think of the impact of what the BGC fees do to detract from the value of a gun. Its as if in the mind the BCG fee is just a separate fee any gun purchase has, but in reality it has a much much greater impact on used guns than new.
a $40 BGC fee is roughly adding 10% to the cost of a used gun valued at $300 used...

I cut my buying way back, heck my credit card hasn't been used in a month now....for anything.

I wanted to buy some 357 factory ammo from one of the guys here but just couldn't find a way to meet up. Car repairs tied me up and I couldn't commit to him.

I will make it to the Albany gun show Saturday morning and look for specific items, hate to leave the dog home but he is just too much to handle around people. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top