JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was the edit to your OP really needed? Just to dig at people that disagree with your feelings?

First thread I can ever remember where it's gone to 5 pages and the OP has not one "like" or otherwise. Adding the backhanded insults and "Karen" meme really helps members take you seriously. :rolleyes:

Was the edit to your OP really needed? Just to dig at people that disagree with your feelings?

First thread I can ever remember where it's gone to 5 pages and the OP has not one "like" or otherwise. Adding the backhanded insults and "Karen" meme really helps members take you seriously. :rolleyes:
I am rarely taken serious anyways. Last edit is to warn members, who may have more respect for the ATF than I do, so they don't walk away disappointed and feeling like they wasted their time reading the thread. The last member who bailed on the thread seem pretty disgruntled with my unfavorable views of the ATF.

Last Edited:

I think this statement is inaccurate but I am not here for the emojis right now. I am here for interesting discussions and these discussions that have raised the idea that some member's support the ATF and background checks, etc have been interesting, to me at least.

Last Edited:
I think this statement is inaccurate but I am not here for the emojis right now. I am here for interesting discussions and these discussions that have raised the idea that some member's support for the ATF and background checks, etc have been interesting, to me at least.
Just quit while you're still behind

I think the wasted time was everyone else's but yours. And if this is all just a joke, maybe write it down in that notebook I suggested instead of making more clickbait threads. NWFA isn't some hacky website where every BillyJoeBob with a roll of duct tape needs to post their idea of the day while sniffing their fingers.

I think this statement is inaccurate but I am not here for the emojis right now. I am here for interesting discussions and these discussions that have raised the idea that some member's support for the ATF and background checks, etc have been interesting, to me at least.
Coming from the guy who posted multiple memes. Climb down off your high horse there cowboy. Your hypocrisy has gone from veiled to flat out embarrassing for you.

I think the original project is interesting and worth following. The upper-only project doesn't grab my imagination, especially if it remains single-shot.

I WAS interested in it too and tried to engage in serious conversation at first.

Before the OP was edited and all the memes started.

I WAS interested in it too and tried to engage in serious conversation at first.

Before the OP was edited and all the memes started.
I would like to get it back on track too, that is why I started the other thread. But this ATF business and my desire for single shot projects is attracting a lot of animosity from a select few.

@Kruel J how's about we just lock this thread and I will start separate threads for each project when I am feeling more motivated. OAC would clearly considered this thread irredeemable.
Should we lock it in a van down by the river? :D

No. Let's keep this one open. I really dislike locking threads.

Back on topic, myself included. :)

Fine with me but I will be ignoring any more comments that try to drag it back to Support your local ATF trooper.
Nobody has ever once said anything of the sort. But ok, get back to carving out that A2 grip so the penlight fits! Keep us posted on your progress!

I know the upper only firearm idea is not a crowd favorite but it will be a good test for my future single shot builds. I have yet to fire a neutered build even though I have been talking about doing it for years. You can get much more neutered than an upper only firearm. Think of all the people that will be able to have an almost complete firearm sent to their door and not have to do a BC. A 3D printer might be able to build a better grip that will accommodate a standard carriage bolt. No grinding, no fuss.

Since the upper only firearm project won't be TCGC range friendly, I will work on the other build this weekend. I am picking up an 11" BA 9mm barrel from an NWFA member tomorrow and then I'll have everything I need to start putting it together. I am going to cut down a buffer spring to get the charging handle pull effort closer to normal but on the heavy side. I will keep the two standard buffers in the tube as is, they weigh 7.60ozs total. I think I have some other heavier carbine buffers I can throw in there if needed but I am going to run some regular power 115gr factory rounds for the first shot's. They might not need the really heavy buffer weights. I am also going to add some spacers to restrict the travel of buffers just past the bolt catch like @powermad suggested in another AR-9 thread. Hopefully that prevents premature bolt catch death.

The standard lower I am going to use is the same lower I will be using for the single shot pistol set ups. I am going to try the MEAN mag 9mm guts I bought from @spookshack in PMAG body. Hopefully I can get to the range with it next weekend.

Last Edited:
Thanks to @Tgrow503 for providing the missing link to my build today. Great price on unfired barrel and midwest blast can.

I am going to run it in a minimalist pistol configuration for test purposes. It measures out at 27.5ish inches so I can slap a forward pistol grip on it after the handguard is installed. I used a cheapo buffer spring without cutting it down and can reasonably charge it with cheapo ambi charging handle. I have the two standard carbine buffers (7.60ozs total) installed in the extension tube. Standard mil spec trigger in lower.

20220212_170504.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads