JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW if I ever get real motivation and money to purchase a suppressor, I will probably pony up the extortion fee but personally I can't justify $200 for an SBR.
I've paid for both a suppressor and SBR. Even though I don't agree with paying the government to have the items, I enjoy them enough that it's worth it to me. I'd much rather put my money into a select few guns/optics/suppressor/SBR/etc. than have a magnitude of stock/lower end firearms sitting in a safe.

I've paid for both a suppressor and SBR. Even though I don't agree with paying the government to have the items, I enjoy them enough that it's worth it to me. I'd much rather put my money into a select few guns/optics/suppressor/SBR/etc. than have a magnitude of stock/lower end firearms sitting in a safe.
I probably should have taken that route but I have AR parts coming out of my ears. I am bored of same old builds and trying to spice things up a bit.

BTW if I ever get real motivation and money to purchase a suppressor, I will probably pony up the extortion fee but personally I can't justify $200 for an SBR.

$200 isn't exactly a lot of money. All those parts you have surely cost way more than that.

Honestly, and no offense to you, I get tired of hearing how people can't "afford" a $200 stamp to have a fully legal SBR but they are willing to jump through hoops and spend money to stay in compliance of "laws" they complain about daily. My last pistol brace was like $100. A piece of plastic that could have got me half way to a stamp. And no flip-flopping about whether I can shoulder it or own it or otherwise. I've yet to see any proposed legislation that wants to take away stamped firearms/accessories.

Take your pick. either way, you're spending the money to play the game.

And if you've ever filled out a 4473, the argument that " I don't want them to know what I have" is moot. CHL? Well then by golly they have your prints.

There. I think I've addressed all the excuses on why not to Form 1.

:D

There is a lot more to it than just $200 and every bit of it is wrong.

So is a piece of plastic being regulated as an SBR. So is classifying a binary trigger as an MG. So is neutering firearms BEFORE laws are even passed.

And if you've ever filled out a 4473, the argument that " I don't want them to know what I have" is moot. CHL? Well then by golly they have your prints.

There. I think I've addressed all the excuses on why not to Form 1.

:D
I was under the impression you had to get permission or notify police chief for form one which doesn't sound appealing to me. Believe me if I found a legal way around the 4473s I would have taken advantage of it.

So is a piece of plastic being regulated as an SBR. So is classifying a binary trigger as an MG. So is neutering firearms BEFORE laws are even passed.
So is restricting braced pistols so people are coerced into getting a form 1. I will keep my $200 for as long as I can. At least with IP 18 the registration is suppose to be free.

I was under the impression you had to get permission or notify police chief for form one which doesn't sound appealing to me. Believe me if I found a legal way around the 4473s I would have taken advantage of it.
It's a basic form that gets mailed to the local sheriff's office. No permission was required, asked for or granted. And since I have a current DL and CHL I just kinda figure they know what they know. I'm also a law abiding citizen, so I really DGAF.

Let's recap that we'll buy a $200 trigger, a $500 optic, another $200 barrel, PLUS a spare, a $50 BCG (wtf), a $250 rail, a $100 muzzle device to go with the $1k supressor which you will pay $200 for anyway but the $200 fee for an SBR is where the line is drawn. Makes sense.

So is restricting braced pistols so people are coerced into getting a form 1. I will keep my $200 for as long as I can. At least with IP 18 the registration is suppose to be free.
Why are you worried about IPs? There have been MANY that flamed out due to constitutionality, legal or lack of support issues. F them. Why even give Knutson the attention? Have they even started gathering signatures yet? I can't find anywhere that says they have.

Let's recap that we'll buy a $200 trigger, a $500 optic, another $200 barrel, PLUS a spare, a $50 BCG (wtf), a $250 rail, a $100 muzzle device to go with the $1k supressor which you will pay $200 for anyway but the $200 fee for an SBR is where the line is drawn. Makes sense.
But willing to comply with "laws" that aren't laws yet. Or consider IP's without even one signature. Makes total sense.

Sorry, but my hypocrisy only goes so far.

It's a basic form that gets mailed to the local sheriff's office. No permission was required, asked for or granted. And since I have a current DL and CHL I just kinda figure they know what they know. I'm also a law abiding citizen, so I really DGAF.
You gotta save that 200 dollars for later. So you can spend it on the guns you already have and neutered to get them in further compliance with the law in the future. Don't do it now. You gotta think ahead! C'mon man.

1A76C022-EECD-4B3D-951C-A34D39795BD2.jpeg

Doesn't make sense to me. But some people try and justify it. I think it's laziness. Maybe fear. I have no idea…

Our wallets definitely live on opposite sides of the tracks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top