JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.351 WSL (Winchester Self Loading). A truly oddball cartridge. A couple of these .351 rifles were present at the ambush that shot up Bonnie & Clyde.

Building a 6mm-06

Barrelled a Norwegian Krag in .250 Savage.

May start on a 7X57 Garand just for giggles.:cool:

A few i shoot;
22 Hi-Power
25-20 S.S. (NOT W.C.F.)
32 rimfire (at 3-5$ per round I don't shoot it much)
some not so rare;
25-35,
32-20
250-3000 Savage
44-40
and 25-20 WCF
and yes a 257 roberts

Not sure how odd but its expensive and hard to find I shoot 30-40Krag in a Model 1895 Winchester Deluxe rifle. My dad shot a Model 71 Winchester in .348 (one of my brothers now hunts with it)

6mmBR and 6PPC. Only recently did Norma start making brass for the PPC. Prior to that you had to fireform it from Lapua 220 Russian brass, which most people still do. These are two of the most accurate rifle calibers around and actually capable of one hole groups if you know what you are doing. I unfortunately do not.

Ruger No. 1 Tropical Stainless in .458 Lott. At $6.00 to $7.00 a round, I don't shoot it often. My friends refuse to shoot it; but they tell everyone about the huge shockwave when I do shoot it. It will also safely chamber and shoot .458 Winchester Magnum which are less powerful and cheaper.

Okay....so I know the .45 acp is not really a poor performer. Just wanted to clear this up. Obviously is still a success and been around for what...107 years now. I just find it funny that it's so successful even though it's effective range is less than other calibers (10mm for example) and it's a slow moving projectile with moderate penetration. When compared to other big bore calibers....all of which are not as popular....it does not perform as well. Also, none of the efforts to improve it's limitations (.400 corbon, 50 GI, 40 Super, .45 win mag) have ever caught on.

I'm not really into oddball calibers since ammo is hard to find and expensive. But .22 Jet is sooooo much fun to shoot. It takes your breath away, spouts fire, and sounds crazy loud. But there's no recoil...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top