JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think they are that uncommon but anything combloc I have would be it. 7.62x25/x54R/x38R and 5.45 are the only ones I have, everything else is pretty much run-of-the-mill.

Wow, 4 pages and only 1 reference of .35 Whelen! Can still buy factory, load lead, pistol bullets and a fair selection of heavy .35 bullets. I built one on a 98k mauser action, got a barrel/stock combo from Midway, had the bolt turned down and polished, leupold scope mount. I can shoot anything in North America with it, but reserve it for Elk & Bear with heavy bullets.

Wow, 4 pages and only 1 reference of .35 Whelen! Can still buy factory, load lead, pistol bullets and a fair selection of heavy .35 bullets. I built one on a 98k mauser action, got a barrel/stock combo from Midway, had the bolt turned down and polished, leupold scope mount. I can shoot anything in North America with it, but reserve it for Elk & Bear with heavy bullets.
My dads favorite rifle is his 7600remmy in .35 whelen.He's shot a couple cow elk with it.puts em down right now.

I love my whelen!! Had the wings milled down and fitted it with 1950s vintage laymen pep sights. Has nice wood all finished with back T coating. My favoirte go to gun for the deep woods.
oh and cocking conversion with a heal trigger and the barrel from hart.
All smiles on that one.
Have another P17 action awaiting to be reworked.. not yet sure what Cal. That's going to end up... what a big boom!

You got that right. I was checking the barrel availability at Midway a couple of days ago and EVERY barrel, including the hella expensive ones, were out of stock.

I think I am going to pick up a basic CMMG upper. Welburns Weapons in Central Point Oregon had one for around $650 I think. I don't need it to be all tactical. I also saw a 50 Beowulf that interested me. Listen to how quiet the 300 aac is when supressed.

[video=youtube_share;8xKlECdVxvw]http://youtu.be/8xKlECdVxvw[/video]

I strive for weird.

P2180019.jpg
.256 Winchester Magnum

PA080026.jpg
.25-20 Single Shot (NOT .25-20 Winchester)

ScopedContender25Bullberry.jpg
.25 Bullberry

76Goat.jpg
.45-60 Winchester

P7180137.jpg
.276 Ackley Magnum (It's actually an P.O.Ackley built gun, too.)

THERE! I think I succeeded in a list of previously not-mentioned ones.:yes:

tdb59-Please tell more about the 7x57 Garand. That is interesting. Kip.

That is a project that got started 20 + years ago, and I just dug out some of the parts from the dustbin.

Just a whim, and "what if ?" thing

Who knows when or if...

One day in the future I'll put together a .358 Win build, but for now - once my cashflow gets going again, heh - I've my sights set on a .280 AI build for learning to shoot longer range.

Well who can forget the .432 Clippen snocker and the .367 Poppen Snot. They were both so popular in their day. But when the .339 Yahooby Clam Shooter came on the scene we all had to switch over for good reasons. Oh I remember them like it was yesterday. Oh wait, it was yesterday. I must have been dreaming.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top