JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oddball? Maybe a few:
.17 Remington, .221 Fireball, 6mm Remington, .257 Weatherby (granted, this one is getting more popular), 6.5 Creedmoor, 7 WSM, .300 Savage, .325 WSM, .358 Winchester, .35 Whelen, .416 Rigby.

Want to buy: .280 Ackley Improved, .240, 7mm and .340 Weatherby; 10mm, .357 SIG, & a .32 H&R Magnum (if I can ever find a Ruger Bisley so chambered).

Want to build: .223 AI, .243 AI, .250 Savage, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5-06 (have the donor for this one already), .308 Norma Mag, .338-06 (also have donor for this one), .404 Jeffery.

ejmpnu92 beat me to the .41 Mag.

The other "oddball" I shoot is the .375 Ruger. Should be more popular than it is...

I used to have a Ruger SRM in 357 Max. That was an oddball and was a hoot to shoot!

Because a 230 gr object moving at 900 fps is rather good at causing 200 lb objects, travelling at 5-10 mph, to stop moving.

Why are some dinosaur obsolete poor performers still so poplular (like the 45 ACP). Help me pick my next oddball.

On the subject of not so common calibers I'd have to say I'm rather in love with my 300 Blackout AR right now. All the cool kids are building one.

I have a 35 whelen that I built on a Winchester p17 long before it became commercially avail.
Plan on taken my .257 and making it an Ackly improved. Built on an Orbendorf k98.
building a 06-.338 on a K98 action.
Plan on a 06-6mm in the future.

Oh! and I have a change 5 S&W chambered for the .38S&W round (not a special !! ) Have not idea where to get ammo for that thing!

I like big BOOM!!.. would love something like .458 lott!!
Love my .340 WBY.. not a wildcat, but not many people have or use one these days.

I once got a chance to shoot a 600 nitro!! Loved that GUN!! BOOM!

as far as the .45ACP.. the only cal. Ill carry. Yes old, but still the best!! cant even understand the earlier comments about it being obsolete. That's like saying the 1911 is obsolete!!

Last Edited:
I don't have any wildcats only safe. 300blk is going to become as popular as .223 so don't call it odd. What I'd consider to be odd is something that you can't really get enough of off the shelf even if money was no object. Reloading excluded. Anyone ever hear of .499LWR?

I like the .38-55 and I have an old Marlin model 1893 in that caliber.
The .375 win is very similar, but Winchester chose too fast a rifling rate: like 1 in 12
So, I got a 14 inch .375 win. barrel for the Thompson Contender with the older twist rate of 1 in 18 (which was used in turn of the 19th century) Schutzen target rifles. Man, that gun will shoot!
Other favorites: The best for deer hunting: 6.5mm Rem Mag. Elk: 350 Rem Mag, and the .405 win.
Add a S&W revolver in .32-20, and a .375 Super Mag in a Dan Wesson.

Take that Martini Cadet, replace the barrel with a .22 target barrel and chamber it for K-Hornet.:s0155:

A 3x9 Weaver, a rear (Hi Rise) stock for an Enfield and "Diggers" will fear your name...:s0131:

I still miss the one I had.;)

Jack...:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews