JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are so cheap now (like most other guns) thinking about getting one in 9mm to sbr. How hard is it to make folding stock functional again? Is it reliable? Thx!

7A90A49D-2F83-4328-82BF-D1A934A12A07.jpeg
A757A402-1A96-4FCE-8117-B018251CC403.jpeg

These are so cheap now (like most other guns) thinking about getting one in 9mm to sbr. How hard is it to make folding stock functional again? Is it reliable? Thx!

View attachment 1753599
View attachment 1753601
Buy a parts kit to get spare parts and it's easy. You CAREFULLY remove the existing hardware holding the stock folded, and replace with the folding mechanism parts from the kit.

I had one in 7.62 years ago, not sure if they're better now but it wasn't reliable. As I recall, in order to make a closed-bolt system (original PPS-43 fired from an open bolt), they used some sort of miniaturized version of an AK fire control group, but the execution was lousy and the hammer would routinely just follow the bolt when it closed rather than be reset after each shot. I ended up selling it to someone on this forum (with disclosure of course) and they were able to get it sorted but I don't recall what they had to do.

I had one in 7.62 years ago, not sure if they're better now but it wasn't reliable. As I recall, in order to make a closed-bolt system (original PPS-43 fired from an open bolt), they used some sort of miniaturized version of an AK fire control group, but the execution was lousy and the hammer would routinely just follow the bolt when it closed rather than be reset after each shot. I ended up selling it to someone on this forum (with disclosure of course) and they were able to get it sorted but I don't recall what they had to do.
Great info thx! I watched a video review of the 9mm and he had a couple times where the trigger didn't reset (but that was in 500 rounds so not horrible). Sounds like it's the same issue.

Buy a parts kit to get spare parts and it's easy. You CAREFULLY remove the existing hardware holding the stock folded, and replace with the folding mechanism parts from the kit.
Good info thx. I was hoping all one had to do was remove a weld(s). Not worth it to me if have to buy a parts kit etc. Gun + stamp is already $700.

Great info thx! I watched a video review of the 9mm and he had a couple times where the trigger didn't reset (but that was in 500 rounds so not horrible). Sounds like it's the same issue.
Sounds like it, but my case was much worse, as I recall it would happen at least a few times per mag.

Those sold out pretty quick. That was a really good price.

I have researched a PPS-43 project for some time but never pulled the trigger on it. The conversion is easy enough if you are mechanically inclined. There is one (1) simple welding op req'd unfortunately. At the end of the day it doesn't pencil out unless you are just a huge WWII buff and you gotta have it.

Atlantic had them for $490

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top