JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another judgement proof pit owner is my guess. Raises a dangerous breed of dog to be vicious and probably doesn't have a damn cent to his name, or homeowners insurance, to at least provide recompense to the husband. Sorry to any pit owners here, but I hate those damn things, and the irresponsible jackasses that usually own them.

2017 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - DogsBite.org

Almost every single dog listed in that link is a pit.

Last Edited:
I've been bitten by more dogs that look like yours than pits that look like mine. Just sayin'. Merry Christmas.

Last Edited:
I've been bitten by more dogs that look like yours than pits that look like mine. Just sayin'. Merry Christmas.

I hear what your saying, but pit bulls are the ones responsible for the majority of the deaths and serious, life altering injuries. Merry Christmas to you also.

The statistics speak for themselves.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...attacks.com/&usg=AOvVaw2vqnhKKwRiMSidR6-8BfKF

fact
U.S. fatal pit bull attacks have surpassed 310 since 1998; the last year the CDC studied fatal dog attack data by breed. In the last 8-year period of the CDC study (1991 to 1998), pit bulls averaged 2.9 deaths per year. From 2009 to 2016, the most recent 8-year period, pit bulls averaged 22.9 deaths per year, a 690% increase.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...attacks.com/&usg=AOvVaw2vqnhKKwRiMSidR6-8BfKF

Lets not go down that road of all Pit Bull Dogs are viscous killers...
Any dog can be a "biter" in the proper situation.
It is in the owners best interest to learn their dog and how the dog reacts in various situations...and to teach their dog to behave.

Note to all:
I do know that some dog breeds are prone to more aggressive behavior than others...
But to make a general statement saying that all dogs of breed X are...
Is the same as saying all gun owners are....
General statements are just that , general...and they do not cover every specific case.
Andy

Back to topic...
Be careful when out and about...far too many folks let their dog run wild or have their dog be the "pack leader" and not the other way around...

I love dogs...but I do keep an eye out on new or strange ones that come around.
Andy

Back to topic...
Be careful when out and about...far too many folks let their dog run wild or have their dog be the "pack leader" and not the other way around...

I love dogs...but I do keep an eye out on new or strange ones that come around.
Andy
Too few people train their dogs. They're not fur people. The want the stability of a pack and if you aren't the alpha they might just take on that role or worse be confused. Guns and dogs, even pitties, need responsible owners with time together and practice.

Yes but you haven't been killed by one have you. Read the stats. Pit. Ills are dangerous and a lot of owners are violent idiots.
Wow, this on a gun forum. How ironic...ban a breed of dog cause it's "bad", but people are idiots when they want to ban our nasty "assault rifles" and "high capacity" magazines. Who needs those things? Only the military for war of course!
Pits are not inherently aggressive or vicious animals, just as guns are not evil. What dumbasses DO with those dogs and guns is far more impactful to all of us.

As some of you know, I got bit a while back by my pit/mix. I still don't believe that just because a dog is a pit bull that it makes them a bad breed. And I still have my dog. Haven't had an issue since and even today if I pet him with my right hand he cowers and licks the thumb he bit. He knows he messed up, even two months later.

Obviously we need to ban pit bulls... we need to be thinking about the safety of children:rolleyes:

Something about that sounds familiar...o_O:oops:

THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!! Lol, in all honesty I don't want to ban them, but pit owners like the one described in the original article piss me off. Heck, I know Aussies, which I own, are the fifth biggest biters but I also keep random petters at bay generally. I also carry a million in personal liability insurance, in addition to homeowners in case I make a mistake somewhere. Just seems like most pit owners I read about who's dogs main or kill someone (or someone's pet) never have the means to provide compensation.

Wow, this on a gun forum. How ironic...ban a breed of dog cause it's "bad", but people are idiots when they want to ban our nasty "assault rifles" and "high capacity" magazines. Who needs those things? Only the military for war of course!
Pits are not inherently aggressive or vicious animals, just as guns are not evil. What dumbasses DO with those dogs and guns is far more impactful to all of us.
I didn't say ban them and if you can figure out how to keep dumbassas from buying them I'd be for that

I am not overly fond of Pit Bulls...we adopted one for a short time and she killed one of cats... She just got up from a nap and took the cat from my wife's lap and shook her to death.
That said...
I have met Pit Bulls that were very friendly and loving dogs...

Bottom line to me is , that if you own a dog you need to learn all you can about your dog and how it behaves...Plus teach your dog good manners and just who is the alpha in the mix...
Pretty easy and fun to do...that's one of the reasons to own a dog...:D

As I said earlier I love dogs...Just like to keep an eye on any new ones that come around or that I meet...Plus its always good to know how to read a dogs body language...
Andy

I will say, for some reason people that shouldn't own ANY breed of dog tend to like to buy pitbulls. Maybe it's a status thing? Bragging rights? I'll also say that a pit is definitely more aggressive than a retriever. That's a fact. Some dogs are just naturally aggressive and are hunters. My boss has a husky, and 3 weeks ago it mangled a fawn that wandered onto his property. He was inside and by the time he heard the commotion, he had to dispatch the fawn as it was badly busted up.

I don't have a pit but I do have a rescue dog. Her head is not screwed on right. She had 4 homes before mine. She doesn't really like males, a bonus I thought for home protection, but she is really weird with guns and noise.

The vacuum, lawnmower, leaf blowers, ect don't bother her. Thunder, fireworks gun fire and she will destroy the house. A broom or stick won't scare her. Any firearm and she will bow her head and go to an empty room.

Dog owners are the strangest breed of them all. For some, they need you to recognize their pet as a superior example of a breed or one if their family. I'm not getting bit to preserve someone's feelings. If my dog gets out I'd rather someone put her down than she bite some little kid. In Portland I know that's like murder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top