JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Williams then begins shouting, "Get back! Get your dog! I'll kill this motherbubblegumer!"

The video shows he then fires his gun once into the air. Hight begins gathering her dogs when the Pomeranian escapes and runs toward Williams again. He fires again, hitting Hight, who screams, "You shot me!"

She begins writhing in pain, telling the deputies to get away from her. "I'm scared of y'all," she says in the video, crying.

Williams and the second deputy deny that he shot Hight. At one point, Williams walks back to the patrol car after being asked to call an ambulance and says the dog was most likely responsible for her injuries.

"I shot at the goddamn dog, and I think the dog scratched her," Williams says in the video. "She said I shot her."

Didn't watch the video, but using a gun for a Pomeranian? Wtf? Police are desperate to get employees but holy moly where did they find this guy?

It's a dog's job to run towards the door to announce somebody's here. You're either a little too anxious to use your gun or you're so afraid of dogs you shouldn't be a police officer if you're going to shoot a Pomeranian.

Officer Du Schnozzle needs to be beat.
There is no reason to shoot at a little yipper dog like that unless it's rabid. If you're that afraid of an ankle biter maybe next time deploy your OC spray.

john-wick-movie-bg01-portrait.jpg

First you notice that the officer is standing in the front yard but not in a good tactical position...so perhaps this might be from not liking dogs in the first place. I couldn't tell if he fired a warning shot or another shot at a dog. Then the whole, "Be sure of your target AND WHAT IS BEHIND IT went out the window with his partner and the woman directly behind the direction he was shooting.

And then there is the whole eight pound dog thing. In his defense, with all the hair, Poms do look to weigh about 12 pounds :D

My baton was often used as a dog chew toy. Never hit a dog but plenty chewed on it.

Officer Du Schnozzle needs to be beat.
And a lot more I will not mention....

This was not an 'Officer' - this was a frightened, paranoid, schizophrenic person who somehow stumbled into the position of a 'Police Officer', retained no aspects of any firearms training (or any - of what little he probably had) and was essentially functioning on some low level 'idiot savant' capacity.

He displayed ZERO regard or care for anyone's safety and had reduced to a level of some sort of animalistic , 'fight or flight' position. In short he was functioning on a self defense mode only, with no regard for his position as an LEO at the time.

so perhaps this might be from not liking dogs in the first place.
This is most likely the case, and probably more like an irrational fear of them due to possibly a variety of reasons.....

Last Edited:
I'm guessing this will never get to trial. But that lady will get a nice big check.
We'll see.

So far it could go either way IMO.

All I have seen/read - besides the vid, which doesn't seem clear that the lady was shot (I can't make out much from the vid - I can't even hear the shot, but then I am half deaf) - is that the LEO was afraid of the dogs, and apparently fired at least one shot (he admitted as much).

If the lady was shot, then there should be more evidence than a wound of some sort on her leg, there should be records/evidence from a physician/hospital/clinic regarding the wound. Would not be the first time someone claimed something like this to get money.

Just trying to keep an open mind until more facts come out - I notice that there is no mention of what happened once an ambulance arrived - or even mention that one did arrive.

Apparently this happened a year ago?

So far, it appears that after the initial denial by the deputy, there has been no further denial that the woman was shot?

Last Edited:
That cop looked to me to be one of those people who is deathly afraid of dogs.
IMO, you can't be afraid if you want to do that job.

Fear-shoot a little Pomeranian ?
You're outa here.

"I became the person who called the cops for my protection to the victim in just a matter of minutes," Hight told Insider.

Pretty much how it goes these days. If you ever want to make a situation much worse, call the cops.

Will be interesting to see if the thug is able to hide behind qualified immunity with this one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top