JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have a pit but I do have a rescue dog. Her head is not screwed on right. She had 4 homes before mine. She doesn't really like males, a bonus I thought for home protection, but she is really weird with guns and noise.

The vacuum, lawnmower, leaf blowers, ect don't bother her. Thunder, fireworks gun fire and she will destroy the house. A broom or stick won't scare her. Any firearm and she will bow her head and go to an empty room.

Dog owners are the strangest breed of them all. For some, they need you to recognize their pet as a superior example of a breed or one if their family. I'm not getting bit to preserve someone's feelings. If my dog gets out I'd rather someone put her down than she bite some little kid. In Portland I know that's like murder.

I respectfully suggest you return your flawed rescue dog, to the place you got her.
You may be playing with a ticking time bomb. There are many dogs that end up in rescue shelters that are unstable, and may have already bitten someone, but weren't reported for it, just passed off so someone else has to deal with it. The same with medical problems, they just can't possibly put sick Poopsie down even though that is the humane thing to do.

Having been a long time dog lover and owner, with experience of how people lend human emotions to animals, but are surprised when the animal acts like an animal. Boggles my mind that so many are so ignorant as to believe it.
Please stop equating dogs with humans or,
inanimate objects such as firearms.
A firearm can't get up off the couch and go shoot your neighbor all by itself, but dogs bred for many years for aggressive behavior surely can, and statistics don't lie certain breeds are more prone to violence than others. Perhaps if owners of unruly dogs had to pay stiff fines or face jail time when they cause damage or death, thoughtless people might decide they don't want to take the chance that their Fido , or Dawg, or Max, might live up to his heritage and actually bite or maul someone. I can't go into CJ and not see at least 3 PB's inside of 5 minutes, hanging out the back of pickups or being paraded down the street on a long rope by what appears to be homeless persons with their possessions on their backs, supposedly to guard them while they sleep on a park bench or under a bridge somewhere.
Get bit by one of these and good luck if they have 50 cents in their pocket much less insurance of any kind. Needless to say I give them all a wide berth, even if I have to find a parking space elsewhere on the lot, I don't want to find out if they are friendly or not, especially the hard way with an ambulance to GP and an emergency room. Any dog in a vehicle has no room to evade a perceived enemy, & will bite under the right circumstances, and I'm sure you've all seen anything from a Chihuahua to a Rottweiler raising holy hell just because you walked by THEIR vehicle, no thanks my mama raised a coward, but not a STUPID coward!
So please use the thinking side of your brains when it comes to potentially dangerous critters and act accordingly.
Any aggressive dog that bites this old coward only gets one taste! Even if it is my own. An injured dog is an altogether different story.
Gabby

Last Edited:
I have been bit by two German Shepards (no reason I could discern, just random attacks), two Labs (one was injured and bit me when i moved it off the road, the other seemed to think I was going to harm his Jack Russell buddy), one pitbull ran out from the house next to my work and promptly bit me below my knee (territorial aggression), been nipped by a few including an Aussie and one mixed breed that didn't like guys wearing hats, and my dog attacked twice by the same Rottweiler in our neighborhood (dog aggressive and territorial aggression). No serious injury resulted but my wife was seriously terrified. That rottie terrorized the entire neighborhood before we moved in. We asked why nobody reported it and were told they didn't want to cause bad feelings with the neighbor. We made a report after each incident and that dog is no longer in our neighborhood as the people sold the house. During the court testimony the female owner indicated we should walk somewhere else, the male said his dog was just playing, and both saying we were nuts in thinking that leash laws should be followed. Scumbags!!! They are lucky the attacks didn't warrant a shooting. We carry 9mm and .357 mag.

Have thought about getting one of those taser type units that is a baton with electrodes down the sides and a shocker on the end. It's been said that the noise from the sparking on the end is often enough to dissuade a menacing monster. If not, one brush on the side of the baton should stop all but determined attackers. The bullet remains as a backup if needed. Munchers beware!!

View attachment 416135

They make those as walking canes too my best friend has one, I agree the snapping sound it gives off will get your attention, I sure wouldn't want to get hit by it, I'm pretty sure I would find myself on the ground, instantly! Pretty much a taser - - - on a steek! :eek:
Gabby

They make those as walking canes too my best friend has one, I agree the snapping sound it gives off will get your attention, I sure wouldn't want to get hit by it, I'm pretty sure I would find myself on the ground, instantly! Pretty much a taser - - - on a steek! :eek:
Gabby

Got a link? ... To the steek?

a336312fa8208c13851453671405e3e4.jpg

Why can't we get universal background checks on dog ownership? I think this is a great idea. Most antis like dogs, if they had to jump through some ridiculous hoops while being told it was to keep them safe, maybe they'd put 1+1 together.

Of course my mistake here is that they'd actually see the parallel.

Some years ago, my neighbor was attacked by a pit bull in her back yard after it attacked her dog. The pit bull had come down the orchard where it lived with its owner in a pickup. The old man (80) across the road yelled at me when he heard the commotion, said he did not have time to get his gun and went over there picked up an oak branch and was beating the sh*t out of this dog and it would still not let go.

I went over, put a 9mm round into the ground by the dog when I was about 50 feet away, it let go and ran off about 30 yards. It stood there still circling, I yelled at my wife to get my AR, and call the cops. The old boy tended to the lady and I stood cover and that damn dog kept circling out there. A couple deputies got there, I knew both of them, one of them got a shotgun out of his trunk to help animal control corral this snarling crazy dog. Deputies said that dog does not leave this orchard. Finally got it corralled, medics had to treat the woman and we took her dog to the vet.

I watched that old man bash that pit bull over the head with that oak branch about 10 times and it never phased that dog one bit.

On the flip side, another friend has a pit that is afraid of his own shadow and a big baby. He was raised correctly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top