JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in Idaho and as soon as the bill crosses the Governor's desk, and he signs it..., firing squad will be an alternative to Lethal injection. Because of the, supposed difficulty in obtaining the Lethal drugs. I have emailed my governor and my representative that introduced the bill and offered my full support!

I can't think of a better deterrent for heinous crimes, other than hanging (which was used here not too many years ago!).

Y E S . . . I T P A S S E D ! ! !

I don't have 100,000 people I know!

Y E S . . . I T P A S S E D ! ! !
Firing squad could be a merciful way to go. At least if the squad shot to kill with at least some shooting for the head. But I wonder who they are going to recruit as the firing squad?

Re cruel and unusual punishments--
From what I read decades ago (so don't ask me for a ref) what lowers the frequency of crime is the speed and certainty of the punishment more than the severity. So if you are 100% sure you will get caught and thrown in jail right away for the crime, that matters more, say, than if the penalty is 20 years instead of two if you get caught and convicted, but the probability of getting caught is low.

In addition, times and places in which extreme punishments such as drawing and quartering, burning to death, stoning to death, throwing to the lions, impalement, cruxifiction, removing limbs, skinning alive, etc are normally characterized by unusually high rates of violent crime. These public spectacles of pain and agony may actually harden the populace so that they become more indifferent to the suffering of others and more likely to solve their problems via violent crime.

Reminded me of a rather LOW budget movie called "Revenge for Jolly". One of my kids told me about it long ago due to us having a couple MinPins at the time. People kill this guys MinPin and he goes all John Wick on them over it. With several people saying "all this over a dog?" Movie was very low budget but was funny.
Well, no doubt. Dawg is man's best friend. Dawg will never divorce you, either.

I understand the strong feelings against crime , criminals and such.
However...

Something to consider is :
"He who fights with monsters should see to it that in the process he himself does not become a monster."

I am all for consequences and or punishment for criminal acts...
I am not at all for "cruel and unusual punishment."
I am for a revamping / reworking of our criminal justice system...one where laws are actually enforced , victims are not punished and actual criminals are confined , held accountable for their crimes , rehabilitated ( if possible ) or even put to death ( humanely ) if their crimes warrant such action.
Andy
Right on... other than maybe the "put to death" part which I have always been iffy about. I have issues with giving the gummint life and death power... too many mistakes have been made, and the d.p. has been too often used as a tool of racial and social oppression..
Cool Nietsche quote, right along with "And if you gaze long enuff into the abyss, the abyss gazes back into you"... :s0108:

Last Edited:
This brings up an interesting question. Is it legal to use lethal force to protect an animal?

If someone comes on your property and shoots your dog, they've shown the willingness to kill and it's reasonable to consider your own life in danger and react accordingly.

On the other hand, if they've shot your dog, but are clearly and demonstrably not threatening you when you shoot them, I think you'd better hope the jury is full of dog lovers, or you'll be spending the rest of your days in prison for murder.
Not bloody likely. They've already shown their disregard for life and PROPENSITY FOR VIOLENCE...

I'm pretty sure I'd go over the top in my response as well. I feel like I'd probably go to jail for excessive use of force in that situation.
If someone comes armed and uninvited into your domicile and shoots ANYTHING, they have already given up their right to life... at least where I live, dunno about your state and jurisdiction.. they've demonstrated their propensity for illegal use of lethal force and put you in fear for your life. In fact if they issue verbal threats to kill you and have the means to carry out that threat, that's all it takes. Again, YMMV... Very sad for one who strives to live by the ethics taught by Jesus Christ and others who taught the sanctity of life..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads