JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After the Columbine shooting analysis the standard procedure was revised to "engage the shooter and don't break off until backup arrives." This does not means go in "guns blazing" but it does mean "maintain contact". The security in Orlando did not follow this guidance and backed off.

Kinda makes you wonder how they would react to a handful of these ISIS baddies bent on mayhem?

Brutus Out

Couldn't they have turned the buildings power and gone in with night vision like the Navy Seals do.
It worked with Bin Laden, why wait for three hours while the victims bleed out.

The problem seems to be that the authorities thought there might be an explosive device and did not want to risk killing an entire breaching force to a device set for a breach.

Kinda makes you wonder how they would react to a handful of these ISIS baddies bent on mayhem?

Brutus Out
My training was: 1. engage, 2: maintain engagement, 3: use controlled aimed fire until an assault can be mounted. It doesn't sound as if the off-duty police security was well trained or experienced. Maybe now the only ones trained to handle a situation like this are SWAT, which can take a long time to arrive. Yes Sir!, hunker down and wait for backup?

The problem seems to be that the authorities thought there might be an explosive device and did not want to risk killing an entire breaching force to a device set for a breach.

Kinda throws the whole protect and serve thing out the window. SOunds like the initiative and adaptive mindset has been drilled out of these guys, and where was the bomb squad?....Reminds me oh so much of the real life drama of "13 Hours".... "Stand Down, you will wait!"

With decisive, affirmative action like this we oughta all be carrying around our own body bag to help in the clean up. 3 hours, man, THREE HOURS, are we sure the terrorist didn't die of old age or boredom?
I'd like to see a some independent, skilled reporter really dig in to this massacre rather than just accepting the "official" version.

Brutus Out

I was looking for this video to post in this thread for awhile- finally found it.
Hopefully we'll start seeing an uptick in gay gun owners soon.

A good idea, but a CC person must simply be willing to ignore the GFZs if truly this will work...getting a joe at 5 BuckStar coffee while carrying is one thing. Man goes in to a bar while carrying....well, that's a felony in Washington...

Brutus Out

A good idea, but a CC person must simply be willing to ignore the GFZs if truly this will work...getting a joe at 5 BuckStar coffee while carrying is one thing. Man goes in to a bar while carrying....well, that's a felony in Washington...

Brutus Out
New campaign - can carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol as long as you don't drink (like designated driver). Some States already have that but I don't remember which ones.

Yeah I was thinking about the fact that every mass shooting has taken place in a fun free zone. I feel like this might be a case of causation vs correlation though- pretty much every place where large groups of people gather is a gfz and a terrorist isn't going to be looking for a location where people don't congregate.
I'm not saying that gfzs are a good idea, and they definitely would make the locations more desirable to those looking to inflict the most damage with the greatest ease. Kind of a chicken or egg question in my opinion.

Now, rather than doubling down against ISIS, Mizzlegum extremists, and potential threats entering the USA under the guise of "refugees"...

Nope, our political leadership has once again decided to not go after the real enemy, but rather the American People, in an unbridled attempt to further erode our rights and, loand behold, disarmament... Hmmmmmm... Imagine that...

Why is the FBI director still in place, they're the ones who really bungled this one...

I was looking for this video to post in this thread for awhile- finally found it.
Hopefully we'll start seeing an uptick in gay gun owners soon.

It's already happened:

Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting (http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-surge-after-orlando-shooting/)

Some of my friends laugh, but I've always found most gun owners to be the most accepting people out there. Doesn't matter your gender, race, religion, favorite sports team, etc. If you like to shoot guns and you just want to learn more, you're a friend.

Except if you want to debate 1911 vs Glock... 45 vs 9 vs 40... or AR vs AK. Then the sparks fly. LOL

It's already happened:

Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting (http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-surge-after-orlando-shooting/)

Some of my friends laugh, but I've always found most gun owners to be the most accepting people out there. Doesn't matter your gender, race, religion, favorite sports team, etc. If you like to shoot guns and you just want to learn more, you're a friend.

Except if you want to debate 1911 vs Glock... 45 vs 9 vs 40... or AR vs AK. Then the sparks fly. LOL
So true! I have to admit that I was nervous the first time I went to the local range, as I don't look like your stereotypical gun owner. I was super stoked to find a welcoming atmosphere and made lots of friends that day - and no one cared about what I looked like or what particular worldview I held. Just a bunch of friendly folks wanting to talk about, and play with, guns.
Funny how I never get that friendly attitude from the "accepting" people if I'm not wearing the "uniform".
Oh well... At least my friends in the Pink Brigade (the gay anarchist activists) are all coming around to the anti gun control side.

Good Grief – In 2013 Orlando Terrorist Threatened To Kill Florida Deputy and His Family – FBI Dismissed…
Posted on June 17, 2016 by sundance
Good Grief, put this in the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot file. The Orlando terrorist wasn't just exhibiting warning flags, he was blasting off big flashy warning flares.
As an outcome of a very concerned resident meeting at PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, the location where Omar Mateen worked as a security guard, the county sheriff shared a rather disturbing revelation.

[According to the county Sheriff, Ken Mascara, Mateen was reported to his security firm G4S and the FBI for threatening a local deputy and stating he could have al-Qaeda kill the police officer's family. He then went on to praise Nidal Hasan the Fort Hood shooter.

(Via TC Palm) […] .

Mateen's background, however, was checked again by G4S in 2013 after the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office requested he be removed from the St. Lucie County Courthouse patrol after he allegedly made derogatory comments to a deputy.

A deputy at the courthouse mentioned the Middle East to Mateen, who reacted by threatening the deputy, said Sheriff Ken Mascara, who attended the Wednesday night meeting at the community's Island Club.

"Omar became very agitated and made a comment that he could have al-Qaida kill my employee and his family," Mascara said Wednesday. "If that wasn't bad enough, he followed it up with very disturbing comments about women and followed it up with very disturbing comments about Jews and then went on to say that the Fort Hood shooter was justified in his actions."

orlando-11-omar-mateen.png

The prospect of an "assault weapons" ban is not the most threatening among the Democrats' gun control bills. That would be the bill authorizing use of the terror watch lists to ban purchases of firearms. Such a bill would authorize the Attorney General (a non-elected political appointee) the right to deprive US citizens and legal US residents a constitutional right based solely on the use of a classified list, created through classified process, without any legal due process or recourse. In fact, currently the fact that your name is on that list may also be classified and can not be disclosed to you. The only way to get off the list (assuming that one could prove they are on it) is to file a lawsuit against the federal government and prove that you should not be on that list. In that lawsuit the government has the right to withhold information they deem is protected because of national security. Once the government has this power, what is to prevent the federal government from using this same process for other "restrictions"?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top