JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard that a reporter shot a modern sporting rifle after the Orlando massacre just to see what it was like. He actually reported that it bruised his shoulder and that he now suffers from PTSD. I don't have a link but this actually happened.
So obviously, the concussive waves of the respective shots in that enclosed space rendered the victims into immobile statues instantaneously.
I'd pay good money to see this "reporter" donkey kicked by a 12 gauge.

There is a 4-page long thread on it here on this site: AR-15: It feels like a bazooka and sounds like a cannon (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/ar-15-it-feels-like-a-bazooka-and-sounds-like-a-cannon.221721/)

In my experience, when an emotional kid shoots his schoolmates, people want to take away my guns. When a terrorist does a focused attack on US soil, people want to go buy guns of their own.
I'm thinking this will have a light effect on the gun control debate. It might renew the "no-fly-list" to "No-gun-list" comparison, but that list is so dysfunctional it needs a full revamp anyway.

THE NO FLY LIST AND NO GUN LIST IS FINE, BUT IT'S THE BULLbubblegum OUR POLITICIANS TAG TO THESE BILLS THAT HURTS.

drs is completely correct. Getting off the no-fly list is practically impossible, and the Feinstein bill as originally written has the dodge that the DOJ can simply say, "we're not going to tell you why you're on this, due to its being a matter of National Security."

So go ahead and base the appeal on what? And who can afford a $250/hr attorney to fight the decision over the course of a year?

Other than the fact that it is nowhere near fine, it's fine, I'd agree with that.

Anyone else find it funny that the kid at Disney is now the highlight of the news already, over the terrorist attack? Sure seems like they are ready to squash the terrorist attack. They will bring it up only to remind folks about the gun.

I have to admit, these guys play a well oiled game.

Back to the 3 hour wait time.

What I understand from released time lines is this (and I agree at this point with the commanders decision to wait)

1. Good Guy at door steps outside to deal with underage drinker
2. BG enters club, starts shooting
3. GG Calls for backup, Enters Club, short gun fight with BG
a couple more police arrive
4. BG goes to restroom, takes hostages with him
5. Witness reports something that looks like a bomb on BG
6. BG Calls 911 - at least 3 times, and calls media
7. Police are talking with BG

Since the police are talking with him and he is not shooting they do not need to rush in. This is why I am agreeing with their decision.
Were there different facts, they would have responded differently.

8. At some point about 3 hours in - about 0500 - the police try to blow a hole in the wall. They fail.
9. Police use an armored vehicle with a ram to punch a hole in the wall.

At some point after the hole is in place victims start rushing out thru the hole.

10. BG Shoots thru this hole - hits an officer - you have seen the photos of the helmet.
11. SWAT officers fire back - 8 or 9 officers are reported to fire at this time.

About 100 victims inside.

With something like FMJ I can see the 223 rounds going thru people, maybe even 2 people in a crowded, confined place.

But I do not get that 100 people were shot.

Did the SWAT officers hit some victims too - I bet yes, but not that many, unless they were just hosing down the dance club.

Because they were negotiating and no shots were being fired, I agree with the police at this point. No negotiating? Get in there. Shots? Get in there. Calming the situation = Good Job. Time is on the side of the police.

There is still much we do not know.

Anyone else find it funny that the kid at Disney is now the highlight of the news already, over the terrorist attack? Sure seems like they are ready to squash the terrorist attack. They will bring it up only to remind folks about the gun.

I have to admit, these guys play a well oiled game.

Reno you are not the only one who thought that. Once reports were that our BG was a Q (from LBGTQ) or a G, then the narrative needs to shift.

Anyone else find it funny that the kid at Disney is now the highlight of the news already, over the terrorist attack? Sure seems like they are ready to squash the terrorist attack.

Depends on what your source is, I think. CNN is still harping on it, quoting John McCain's blaming the President as being directly responsible.

Fox is back to telling everybody how horrible Hillary is, and MSLSD is waiting for the President in Orlando right now to capitalize on the tragedy, er, I mean, provide solace and leadership.

After five continuous days of wallowing in an event that ended last Sunday, I believe the media have exploited the event sufficiently and it deserves to be respectfully dropped.

Once Ms. Feinstein and her Ban Wagon are all fired up, every possible Federal and local agency has horned in, including the D.E.A. and Orange County dog catcher, and the congress critters are grandstanding, and the President and VP have gone, what more incitement is needed?

Besides this, it was the shooter himself who declared it was a terrorist attack but he had no affiliation at all with the groups he claimed, IMO the terrorist angle is just being seized upon to use as the excuse du semaine (week) to slap another law on the gun control pile along with the other useless legislation, in order to do "something".

So, no, not funny yet.

But the sheer stupidity of letting a little kid wade around in a Florida swamp is probably only surpassed by the grief and guilt the parents will feel for the rest of their lives. I wouldn't give their marriage six more months if I were a betting person.

And to think Obummer snubbed this man, denies these things ever happen, chooses to do nothing to stop them, and panders to the elletest who's agenda is absolute power over every thing else! Shame on you Obummer, Shame on all of you! A better man then any of our leaders ever will be! That says something!

So, where do we, as responsible and concerned gun owners go from here? How do we help this situation and not become a part of the problem or get our opinions and voices tossed into the pile that subsequently go unheard?

Buy'em cheap & stack'em deep. Otherwise nothing you can do to convince folks it's OK to be armed. ISIS inspired whackjobs could end another 5,000 Americans and it would still be about evil black rifles.

Again it's about FEELING like their precious .gov has done something to keep them safe. Look at the glee when Finicum was executed in Oregon.

Brutus Out

Ok, I'll be the D-bag that points out one of the few silver linings to this is there are now 50 less votes for Hillary. Crass and insensitive, but until the media addresses the real issues and stops fear mongering then it's all static and drivel in the background to me.

Also, kinda tired of all the rainbow flags - seems like that crowd is using this to remind everyone that they are 'discriminated' against regularly.

We wouldn't be flying Mexican flags if it happened in a Latino club IMO.

Tragic and sad event, absolutely. Even more tragic are all the special interest groups using this to prove or further their causes.

Oh No Joe, You just went full DOuche Bag with that one about 50 less votes, no one goes FULL douche Bag on NW Firearms.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

I just want to know why it took 3 hours to engage...I dont expect the first person who arrives to go in guns ablaze but I would hope a planned response could be put together sooner than that. Think of the wounded...

After the Columbine shooting analysis the standard procedure was revised to "engage the shooter and don't break off until backup arrives." This does not means go in "guns blazing" but it does mean "maintain contact". The security in Orlando did not follow this guidance and backed off.

Couldn't they have turned the buildings power off and gone in with night vision like the Navy Seals do.
It worked with Bin Laden, why wait for three hours while the victims bleed out.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads