JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More lists.

They guy was on a list of people cleared to work as a security guard.

Or was he?

"Dr Carol Nudelman, who now lives in Colorado, said in a statement released through her attorneys to the Miami Herald that she never evaluated Mateen nine years ago for G4S, a security firm that was known as Wackenhut at the time. However, Nudelman's name appears on the document in Florida's state records, which cleared Mateen to carry a firearm as a private security guard." "

Instapundit » Blog Archive » I FEEL SO SAFE: Doctor listed on psych-evaluation carried out on Omar Mateen by G4S says she never … (https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/236613/)

if this has been posted I have missed it, but one thing I have noticed on this whole story that is blatantly overlooked is the off duty cop?????

was the off duty cop hired security? gay cop at leisure? didnt he have a gun? cant this guy shoot a gun? did he miss every time? why isnt he being toted as the hero fighting back in a terrorist gunfight, frankly it was the first thought that came to my mind when I learned there was an off duty cop...

then the gun control crap started and the thought left my mind (mostly likely the intention)

I find it very curious that soooo little is being said about the off duty cop

if this has been posted I have missed it, but one thing I have noticed on this whole story that is blatantly overlooked is the off duty cop?????

was the off duty cop hired security? gay cop at leisure? didnt he have a gun? cant this guy shoot a gun? did he miss every time? why isnt he being toted as the hero fighting back in a terrorist gunfight, frankly it was the first thought that came to my mind when I learned there was an off duty cop...

then the gun control crap started and the thought left my mind (mostly likely the intention)

The only thing I've been able to find is that he was off-duty, moonlighting as security for the club. Apparently there was an issue with someone outside the club, so he stepped out to deal with it and encountered the bag guy. A short gun fight apparently did happen, with the bad guy retreating inside the club where he opened up. But the story seems to go dark from there - I know some more cops showed up fairly quickly, apparently summoned by the off duty cop. Apparently the bad guy and the cop both missed each other during the initial event - we haven't been told what kind of weapon the cop had, or what ultimately happened to him. No idea why there is so much silence on this.

No idea why there is so much silence on this.
COP SECURITY GUARD...GUN FREE ZONE...BANG BANG 50 ARE DEAD..........
I think I would want to keep this quiet too:rolleyes:, tends to make one feel we are not being protected and are not safe in the USA....
used to be to serve and protect, now the cops have no legal obligation to get involved in saving your life.....
which is why I asked the question above, just seems like something is NOT being talked about.

COP SECURITY GUARD...GUN FREE ZONE...BANG BANG 50 ARE DEAD..........
I think I would want to keep this quiet too:rolleyes:, tends to make one feel we are not being protected and are not safe in the USA....
used to be to serve and protect, now the cops have no legal obligation to get involved in saving your life.....
which is why I asked the question above, just seems like something is NOT being talked about.

Agreed, I have been trying to do some searches on this guy, and there just isn't much there. It seems really odd to me that the first guy to encounter him, the first guy to take a shot at him, has just disappeared into the darkness.

I am not very impressed with G4S security. On day one the firms CEO was on FOX News going on about how those dangerous Assault Weapons should not be in the hands of civilians. This was not just your regular CYA corporate line, he was really deflecting every question towards the guns. I could tell that the CEO was hiding something, and now we know. The killer should have been fired years ago based on complaints from co-workers and clients.

Here's why this situation doesn't pass the litmus test of "this is a problem with guns" --- If the killer used bombs, everyone (mostly) including the left would IMMEDIATELY focus on terrorism, radical Islam, the FBI's failed investigation of this slimeball, etc etc.

That he used a gun is the only reason anti-gunners cling to their deflection of the underlying issues. Because now they have the fuel they've been wanting to really light a fire. And how fortunate for them.

if this has been posted I have missed it, but one thing I have noticed on this whole story that is blatantly overlooked is the off duty cop????

I posted the question a week ago, last Monday the 13th. :)
mondaypost.jpg

We have a theory that he may have run out of there and that's why nobody's saying anything. If he'd been shot he'd be a "hero" officer. The silence is loud.

This guy was a closeted homosexual. They have found him on a handful of gay hook up sights. This guy easy could went down this path from following any of the major three Abraham religions "Judaism, Christianity, and Islam."
If you follow his story it's clear because of the teaching of those three religions his guilt lead him to this.

This guy was a closeted homosexual. They have found him on a handful of gay hook up sights. This guy easy could went down this path from following any of the major three Abraham religions "Judaism, Christianity, and Islam."
If you follow his story it's clear because of the teaching of those three religions his guilt lead him to this.

So, what is your point? Should we banish all religions so no one 'feels guilty' and thus won't do on a rampage?? I've got news for you, pointing your finger at a few religions as the cause of anyone's guilt is darn short-sighted. Guilt is a very individual thing. It is an emotional state brought on by numerous factors. How do you account for the many LGBT folks that follow those religions? Where is their guilt? Why aren't they shooting up night clubs? No, pointing your finger and blaming the 'big 3' is simply distracting from other issues.

Feelings of guilt can come from a perceived or real violation of ANY rule or law. Religion does not own guilt, and it's unfair to blame them on that point.

As to whether this event was motivated by any guilt, all I can say is, to date, I've only heard speculation about him being gay, some news outlets are saying he wasn't, and that the evidence is circumstantial. And what if turns out that he's not gay? Then what? Was it guilt for something else in his life? Is guilt the only possible motivation here? By his own admission, this had to do with the US bombing Syria and Iraq. He could have mentioned his sexual issues any time (if there were any), but he didn't. Many people in this world, religious or not, feel guilt every single day, some for crimes, some for sins (real or perceived), some from feelings of inadequacy from parents, teachers, friends, former lovers, etc. Religion does NOT own the market on guilt. And while most people choose other ways to deal with guilt, a few choose to take it out on others. Guilt is a fact of life - we all have it, admit it or not. Most people find a way to deal with it, others are just f'd up individuals that either needed more help or just were beyond help.

If my mother makes cookies and tells me I can't have one, but I take one anyway, and end up feeling guilty about it, does that mean my mother is responsible for my guilt? Is her rule about taking cookies unfair? Does that make her wrong? Or to blame? Or is the guilt strictly at my feet? I can choose to believe that my mother's rule is right or wrong - that's my freedom. If I choose to accept that rule, and thereby live with the guilt, then that's my choice.

No, I think you're jumping to a conclusion that is definitely not supported by the information at hand. And should it turn out he was gay, and was feeling guilt about it, then that's something he needed to address and get help for.

I'll pose one more thing - if he did this out of guilt, motivated by a religious teaching, then why didn't he then attack the source of that guilt? A mosque? A church? Why a nightclub? Why a gay nightclub? Perhaps his feelings of guilt (again, if that had anything to do with this) came from them instead?? Something to think about.

Last Edited:
So, what is your point? Should we banish all religions so no one 'feels guilty' and thus won't do on a rampage?? I've got news for you, pointing your finger at a few religions as the cause of anyone's guilt is darn short-sighted. Guilt is a very individual thing. It is an emotional state brought on by numerous factors. How do you account for the many LGBT folks that follow those religions? Where is their guilt? Why aren't they shooting up night clubs? No, pointing your finger and blaming the 'big 3' is simply distracting from other issues.

Feelings of guilt can come from a perceived or real violation of ANY rule or law. Religion does not own guilt, and it's unfair to blame them on that point.

As to whether this event was motivated by any guilt, all I can say is, to date, I've only heard speculation about him being gay, some news outlets are saying he wasn't, and that the evidence is circumstantial. And what if turns out that he's not gay? Then what? Was it guilt for something else in his life? Is guilt the only possible motivation here? By his own admission, this had to do with the US bombing Syria and Iraq. He could have mentioned his sexual issues any time (if there were any), but he didn't. Many people in this world, religious or not, feel guilt every single day, some for crimes, some for sins (real or perceived), some from feelings of inadequacy from parents, teachers, friends, former lovers, etc. Religion does NOT own the market on guilt. And while most people choose other ways to deal with guilt, a few choose to take it out on others. Guilt is a fact of life - we all have it, admit it or not. Most people find a way to deal with it, others are just f'd up individuals that either needed more help or just were beyond help.

If my mother makes cookies and tells me I can't have one, but I take one anyway, and end up feeling guilty about it, does that mean my mother is responsible for my guilt? Is her rule about taking cookies unfair? Does that make her wrong? Or to blame? Or is the guilt strictly at my feet? I can choose to believe that my mother's rule is right or wrong - that's my freedom. If I choose to accept that rule, and thereby live with the guilt, then that's my choice.

No, I think you're jumping to a conclusion that is definitely not supported by the information at hand. And should it turn out he was gay, and was feeling guilt about it, then that's something he needed to address and get help for.

I'll pose one more thing - if he did this out of guilt, motivated by a religious teaching, then why didn't he then attack the source of that guilt? A mosque? A church? Why a nightclub? Why a gay nightclub? Perhaps his feelings of guilt (again, if that had anything to do with this) came from them instead?? Something to think about.
Because he was killing gays like the good book told him.. feeling guilt for stealing and guilt for a desires you can never change are two totally different things.

Because he was killing gays like the good book told him.. feeling guilt for stealing and guilt for a desires you can never change are two totally different things.

How do YOU know what his motivation was? Do you have information the rest of us don't? The evidence that he was even gay at this point is circumstantial. You have no proof. And you don't know his motivation. So why attack something based solely on your personal speculation about what may have happened?? You seem pretty convinced, pretty certain. I'm assuming that may be motivated by a personal dislike of religion in general? You have a right to dislike them, disagree with them, but holding them responsible for the actions of a single idiot, whose motivations have neither been clarified or confirmed, is stretching things quite a bit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top