JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Garcia has been charged with "aggravated assault with a firearm on a law enforcement officer, shooting into a building, aggravated assault with a firearm, robbery with a firearm, attempted burglary while armed with a firearm, burglary with assault or battery, aggravated stalking, violate condition of pretrial release, discharging a firearm in a residential area, and criminal mischief."
Well, he certainly puts the "miss" in "mischief".

Good job for trying dad.

Also, if you find yourself in a similar situation, do be careful that the deputy understands that you are helping and NOT a second assailant trying to kill him. Because that could all go sideways real quick.

Personally, I would have stayed out of it. Last thing I'd need is to miss and hit an innocent person or get hit myself. Imagine some officer like acorn cop shows up and shoot you lol….. nah I'm good. That's why we have police and they can do the job they signed up for.

Now, if there is no rule of law and I am the law, different story.

Not too long ago I saw some bodycam footage of 2 officer confronting a similar situation. Two neighbors had grabbed their firearms as standby and it's a dang good thing they did. Attempting to approach the perps house, the guy opened fire and nailed both officers in the face and head with a shotty.

The 2 armed neighbors were able to return fire and provide cover while dragging the wounded officers behind cover and to safety.

Even in the M114 hearing we heard about officers relying on armed citizens as a matter of course and likely happens a lot more often than we might think... but not something that is typically going to make screen time by the leftist media.

It seems some even within our own 2A community are too fearful of the slim to none "what if's", and would choose to stand idly by while others lives are in the balance. Sad times....

Not too long ago I saw some bodycam footage of 2 officer confronting a similar situation. Two neighbors had grabbed their firearms as standby and it's a dang good thing they did. Attempting to approach the perps house, the guy opened fire and nailed both officers in the face and head with a shotty.

The 2 armed neighbors were able to return fire and provide cover while dragging the wounded officers behind cover and to safety.

Even in the M114 hearing we heard about officers relying on armed citizens as a matter of course and likely happens a lot more often than we might think... but not something that is typically going to make screen time by the leftist media.

It seems some even within our own 2A community are too fearful of the slim to none "what if's", and would choose to stand idly by while others lives are in the balance. Sad times....
That story happened in my neck of the woods, the deputies were very grateful for the help!

Personally, I would have stayed out of it. Last thing I'd need is to miss and hit an innocent person or get hit myself. Imagine some officer like acorn cop shows up and shoot you lol….. nah I'm good. That's why we have police and they can do the job they signed up for.

Now, if there is no rule of law and I am the law, different story.
You're not wrong but also, it's pretty close to home. There's a chance to stop a serious threat to your family and friends.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top