JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or the fact they are one of the largest volume dealers in Oregon and therefore has more allocation from distributors due to his continued spend. Standard distributor/retailer model. I don't have sales stats but I have had more than one dealer comment that they are the largest shop in Oregon by sales volume and one of the largest on the west coast. When you are that big, you get preference when it comes to product allocation.
That right there is what does it. Distributors send out their stuff according to how many the customer buys. It was why when the Ruger 9mm rifle hit my shop could not lay hands on one. When I went in to tell him mine was coming to him he said he had been trying really hard to 6 months and could not get one. Place I bought mine from was getting them a dozen at a time. Never seen the place in person, it's on the other side of the US. Have to guess its one rockin gun shop though.

I have bought 2 firearms from Keith's in the past 10 years and each time I just said to myself, "it's in stock and a good price". I once asked the counter guy to check out a lionheart they had in the glass to which he replied " I've never even heard of that, we don't carry them"; there were THREE in the case. Another time I was introducing a friend to firearms and we were looking at a Glock19; the counter guy was giving a lecture on why it was the best pistol ever. Next thing I know it's being yanked out of my hands because and I quote "your hands are too big to hold a 19; you make it look like a toy", and he was serious. He put it away and lost interest in helping my friend pick out his first pistol.
That being said I do hope that this is a good sign when it comes to availability of guns n' ammo state-wide.

Was there today. Lots of stock on ammo, only one box a person. Lots of firearms in stock. Normal Keith's prices which tend to be good. Was having a positive experience until Keith came by. Waited about an hour and a half to get it. 4-5 people at a time.
I have never been there and I have no idea about the quality of service... However, if you own a business where customers are willing to stand in line for 90 minutes to get inside, you have to be doing something correct.

The way I see it, gun stores in general are the worst. They act like they're doing you some sort of favor for existing. If the azz kissing doesn't start when I walk in, I go somewhere else.
Now days unless someone lives where there is no choice, gun shops have to compete like most other places. After all most can just order what they want to any FFL so if some shop has competition and wants to treat customers poorly? Well I would guess they will not do very well. Now if it's some place where you have one choice or a 50 mile drive? Then I guess they could get away with treating people like they do not care.

Obviously if you have been to the named shop that is being discussed you probably just moved here or went there once and that was enough I have found better places to do business with
Sounds like that curt2933 was there the same day I was

Keith's is solid reasonable prices always ammo in stock better variety then NW Armory! Just wish they didn't have a one box limit. There customer service varies depending on who you get. Not a bad shop but I stopped buying gun from them kinda of pricey as far as firearms go.. I will buy ammo from them but limited stock on handgun and long gun. I wanted to get an Ak Keith told me he hasn't had one in stock for months. I just hate that they don't answer the phone so if you want to get an inventory check you literally have to wait in line..

Having a good relationship with Maria helps. Whenever she sees me she ignores everyone else and says, hey D, what do you need? Proly cuz I'm so much more handsome than Keith...lol

Is Maria the gal, like the "Queen" gal? Blondish hair and can seem surly? If that's Maria she's always been great with Wifey and me. Quite animated and friendly when wifey was getting a background check. And me, she seemed proud as could be to turn the case around so I could open it and be first to view my new Tanfoglio. She could have told me it would be all greasy when I took it out of the plastic though. :s0112:

Part of this is also lack of gunshows.
All that stock you seen at the show rarely made it to the shelves of the store. It was dedicated gs merch.
I wonder how much of this is actually new arrival stock vs new old stock he has been sitting on.

As far as cs goes, meh. I generally know what I need when I go there and aside from ringing me out or grabbing something from the back I don't need anything from them.

Is Maria the gal, like the "Queen" gal? Blondish hair and can seem surly? If that's Maria she's always been great with Wifey and me. Quite animated and friendly when wifey was getting a background check. And me, she seemed proud as could be to turn the case around so I could open it and be first to view my new Tanfoglio. She could have told me it would be all greasy when I took it out of the plastic though. :s0112:
Maria is Keith's wife. She has dark hair and is petite. As far as that greasy Tanfoglio...man, I'd be all giddy wiffin' my fingers on the drive home...maybe even take the long route :D

Maria is Keith's wife. She has dark hair and is petite. As far as that greasy Tanfoglio...man, I'd be all giddy wiffin' my fingers on the drive home...maybe even take the long route :D

You know it! Sittin' there in the open case on the passenger seat so I could gaze at it during stop lights. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top