JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And, let us be frank! The ONLY reason weed isn't legal, federally, is because they're allowing BIG pharma fux & such to, idk... my guess, patent thc/cbd.
If I'm not mistaken, since the med/rec legalization in our various states, it seems I read somewhere, that coca cola is or did dive into the manufacturing aspect.
The original 1890s Coca-Cola recipe actually used coca leaf, hence the name. (Yes, as in cocaine, IIRC very small amount per portion.)

18 pages of all the closet pot-heads coming out… hey man, you just scratch my record! I just bought it, man!

:s0033:
I don't and can't ingest THC or CBD; unfortunately CBD causes a reaction with my cholesterol meds (statins). I wish I could use CBD - I think it would help with my nerve issues due to an old spine injury.

The reason I post about marijuana is because I support freedom & liberty; any adult should be able to ingest/apply any chemical they wish to their body without government interference (beyond keeping people informed, preventing contamination of the chemical, and enforcing safe labeling). The government uses drug laws to control the populace, just like they use gun laws to disarm the populace. They combine the two to do increase their control.

The original 1890s Coca-Cola recipe actually used coca leaf, hence the name. (Yes, as in cocaine, IIRC very small amount per portion.)
Although Pemberton took the cocaine out of the original recipe for Coca-Cola, he still needed the leaves for flavor. A Coca-Cola spokesman told The New York Times in 1996: "Ingredients from the coca leaf are used, but there is no cocaine in it and it is all tightly overseen by regulatory authorities." But, coca is one of the most regulated plants on the globe, so how does Coca-Cola even get the leaves in the first place? According to Business Insider, the beverage company has a deal with the Drug Enforcement Administration to get coca leaves so that the world can get its Coca-Cola fix. The DEA lets Coca-Cola import coca leaves from Peru and Bolivia in order to get the part of its secret recipe, which it hides behind the term "natural flavors" on the ingredients list.

The dried leaves are processed by a company called Stepan Corporation, which has a processing plant in Maywood, New Jersey. It processes around 100 metric tons of coca leaves annually, extracting the cocaine and sending the now less-fun leaves on to Coca-Cola. Stepan then throws a massive party. Ok, no, not really. It ships the cocaine off to Mallinckrodt Corporation, which makes a topical anesthesia called cocaine hydrochloride. This is used to numb the mouth, nose, and throat for medical purposes. Pretty much the opposite of a party.

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/314638/the-secret-deal-that-coca-cola-has-with-the-dea/

I don't and can't ingest THC or CBD; unfortunately CBD causes a reaction with my cholesterol meds (statins). I wish I could use CBD - I think it would help with my nerve issues due to an old spine injury.

The reason I post about marijuana is because I support freedom & liberty; any adult should be able to ingest/apply any chemical they wish to their body without government interference (beyond keeping people informed, preventing contamination of the chemical, and enforcing safe labeling). The government uses drug laws to control the populace, just like they use gun laws to disarm the populace. They combine the two to do increase their control.
Can you use a transdermal patch or lotion that does not get into the blood stream?
My wife has Multiple Sclerosis pretty nasty and these are good for her.

Can you use a transdermal patch or lotion that does not get into the blood stream?
I am not sure??

ETA - Transdermal patches deliver to the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive tract and therefore the liver. It is the liver that processes the orally taken BP meds and uses CYP enzymes, which control how many meds, including BP meds, are metabolized.

In short, eating grapefruit (or similar fruit) or taking CBD orally, inhibit the CYP enzymes and make the meds stronger - possibly causing BP that is too low.

I will ask my PCP and cardiologist about CBD patches and my meds.

Thanks.

Last Edited:
About time
If they taxed pot sales they could probably pay off the national debt.
I think states like Oregon have shown the taxation idea to be a losing proposition. As the quantity in circulation goes up the price plummets and the tax revenue along with it.

Lets remember who would administer the taxation at the federal level. The same folks who handle alcohol and tobacco.

I think states like Oregon have shown the taxation idea to be a losing proposition. As the quantity in circulation goes up the price plummets and the tax revenue along with it.

Lets remember who would administer the taxation at the federal level. The same folks who handle alcohol and tobacco.
And the issues are similar; there have been cigarette trucks hijacked, and there are counterfeit tax stamps for cigarette packs/cartons. Once the tax goes high enough, the black market gets involved again because it is cheaper to buy.

This is true of most "sin taxes".

I am not sure??

ETA - Transdermal patches deliver to the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive tract and therefore the liver. It is the liver that processes the orally taken BP meds and uses CYP enzymes, which control how many meds, including BP meds, are metabolized.

In short, eating grapefruit (or similar fruit) or taking CBD orally, inhibit the CYP enzymes and make the meds stronger - possibly causing BP that is too low.

I will ask my PCP and cardiologist about CBD patches and my meds.

Thanks.
Perhaps I was incorrect with the blood stream stuff.
Good to ask questions.
I have the same restrictions with grapefruit as I take daily pills for BP as well.
I survived a widow maker heart attack at age 40, just 8 years ago.

Perhaps I was incorrect with the blood stream stuff.
Good to ask questions.
I have the same restrictions with grapefruit as I take daily pills for BP as well.
I survived a widow maker heart attack at age 40, just 8 years ago.
With my meds, my BP runs pretty low anyway - yesterday morning (I take my pills in the morning - except for the statins) it was 106/66 in the doctor's office. Much lower than that and I would not be able to do much.

I would use CBD at night - if I can. I have RLS, and also my sciatic nerves are half my issue with leg pain.

Most of my BP meds have a half life of less than 6-12 hours - but not amlodipine which has a half life of 30-50 hours. Plus I take my statin just before going to bed (doctor's directions) and it is the statins that are CYP enzyme dependent more than other meds.

*shrug* so yeah - can't take CBD orally.

Exactly. And even if they started with a minimal tax, they'd keep increasing it until sales dropped off a cliff due to bootlegging.
The head (lol) gal of Washington state liquor and weed department was found to have taken tens of thousands of dollars in bribes but I think she still has her worthless job pulling down probably a quarter million a year.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top