JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ran across this video on Youtube, about the struggle of indigenous tribes in Taiwan to retain their culture, hunting and using guns to hunt. It caught my interest because I spent a little time in Taiwan some years back.

Most Taiwanese people are ethnic Chinese, whereas the indigenous people are Austronesian, so there's a cultural divide. Apparently they are able to hunt to a degree, but Taiwan has severe controls on both hunting and firearms, so they can only use home-made guns. I had to watch for a while to figure out exactly what these guns are. Turns out they are just smoothbore steel tubes, using a steel ball-bearing for a bullet, and an industrial rimfire blank/nail cartridge! And the authorities still don't want them to have these dangerous, scary weapons!

I just thought it was interesting to see how they do things in a very different part of the world, with a very different way of thinking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top