JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotta call ya on that, EVERYTHING made in the USA is superior, because, well, we are the best at everything.
Take a look at some early post 64* Winchester Model 70 rifles...that might change your mind.
*1964 till about the 80's...Subjective I know...but those mid and late 1960's ... and early to mid 1970's era Model 70's....are bad.

And yes I understand about cutting costs to keep up with the times...and such.
But I am talking quality...it just wasn't there with those era rifles.
Andy

Take a look at some early post 64* Winchester Model 70 rifles...that might change your mind.
*1964 till about the 80's...Subjective I know...but those mid and late 1960's ... and early to mid 1970's era Model 70's....are bad.
Andy
I contend that not only are we the best at making the best, we are also the best at making the worst. And also the best at making the mediocre, and any other quality you care to name.

I saw that on a sign in the urinal once.
"We aim to play, please aim."
Then you get the guys who are like
200.gif

And yes I understand about cutting costs to keep up with the times...and such.
But I am talking quality...it just wasn't there with those era rifles.
Andy
"bad", "quality wasn't there".

Certainly not the handwork evident on a chintzy-looking post '64 model 70, but by and large they will outshoot an older gun.

(This from a guy who wanted to take a pre-64 M70 sheep hunting just because Jack O'Connor did.) :cool:

Last Edited:
"bad", "quality wasn't there".

Certainly not the handwork evident on a chintzy-looking post '64 model 70, but by and large they will outshoot an older gun.

(This from a guy who wanted to take a pre-64 M70 sheep hunting just because Jack O'Connor did.) :cool:
Not my experience at all with those early post 64 Model 70's....
They sucked in looks...they sucked in quality...they sucked at shooting.....
Glad you had a better time with them.
You couldn't pay to own one from 1964 - 1970's.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top