JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chiappa X Caliber - Pick up any normal cartridge and be able to run it.
Glock 26- Will take all Glock 9mm mags.
I liked the slingshot idea, so ill run with one of those as well

Last Edited:
Not ALL firearms sell for 90% of their MSRP used...

I have the guns I listed (Mark 1 though not 2) and spent less then $1000 on them.

The .308 was NIB bought FTF.
The .357 I traded a $250 SKS for.
The .22 pistol can be had for $200-250.

If that $$ is the most important factor and you want average prices then:

$100 hi-standard 12ga pump
$250 SKS
$150 SCCY cpx-2

$500 and I own all of those at that price as well.

Honestly, give me just about any combo of firearms and I'll be fine.

How is that under $1000?

At today's prices, AR-15s are going for around 500 bucks. Build your own for even less. Lowers are about 50 bucks. Parts kits are another 50 ish and then just choose your upper. You can get a Gen 1 or 2 Glock for somewhere around 300 ish dollars depending on where you look and you could get yourself an old Savage or Winchester that they made about a billion of for what is left (maybe even with a scope)

The terms are not defined though.

Am I standing in the bazaar with my money in my hand in a 3rd world country? I could probably get a better deal. If I am using my savings or horse trading in America? Same thing.

But 1,000 dollars can get you more gun than you think if you do it right.

I agree. I think you can get a new Smith AR for like $550? Then a used 12ga pump for like $125 and then a used Glock to round it out. It's still pushing it.
I'd be tempted to go with a fair AR or shotgun, a good 9mm defensive handgun and a good Bowie knife to round it up to $1000.
You can really only carry/use one long gun at a time "SHTF".

Let's see..... tuff to do on 1k, so i agree on the AR, Ammo and Training.

And just take the other 2 weapons from the Dead, you'll have lots of choices when SHTF!

My brohams.. Has no one thought of mags or ammo included in that tiny $1000 limit?

I see a total budget blown on tools, but nothing to feed them, or feed them with.

Why a .22 pistol over a .22 rifle?
Obviously if quiet accuracy and reliability is a much needed condition, why go for any semi .22 at all? Id assume a bolt action would be the superior type of action for survival.

And if you are using that .22 for hunting and its being used quite a bit, its going cleaning and preservation. Remember, you still gotta clean the thing.. Are patches or oil in that .22 budget?

The question asked what three weapons and I answered as such. Ammo, accessories and training, I would take it, are not included in the budget. If they are, my answer would change to a ruger 10/22 magnum and a frick ton of ammo/mags and a decent scope.

The way I took it was, you are starting from scratch. No training, ammo, mags.. Nothing.
You were allotted $1000 for offensive and defensive tools. All other survival gear is accounted for and assumed. One could say you'd already have an axe, knife..etc.

I wasnt making jabs at anyone though ;)

The way I took it was, you are starting from scratch. No training, ammo, mags.. Nothing.
You were allotted $1000 for offensive and defensive tools. All other survival gear is accounted for and assumed. One could say you'd already have an axe, knife..etc.

I wasnt making jabs at anyone though ;)

I do NOT have great or even really good hunting/survival gear and went as cheap as I could in the places I could.

Even still, just roughly estimated, I am easily $1000+ (Probably closer to $1600) into basic gear (not high end stuff) - this doesn't include hunting specific gear or guns, ammo and other defensive/offensive gear.

I would rather have that gear and a 12ga pump then 3 guns...

I do NOT have great or even really good hunting/survival gear and went as cheap as I could in the places I could.

Even still, just roughly estimated, I am easily $1000+ (Probably closer to $1600) into basic gear (not high end stuff) - this doesn't include hunting specific gear or guns, ammo and other defensive/offensive gear.

I would rather have that gear and a 12ga pump then 3 guns...
Same here but an AK. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top