JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
rat cutlery RC4, ruger single six and a 10/22??? i have a bark river highland special a ruger vaquero and a marlin 1894 lever action both in .357 for me...however id love to fit an 870 in there somewhere...:s0155:

I'll play . . .

Remington 870 12G (get a hunting version with different chokes that can shoot field loads, buckshot and slugs accurately).
Savage Mark II .22LR Bolt Gun
Best 9MM/40/45 Semi-auto you can afford with what's left over.

.45 Pistol
12ga Shotgun
.223, 7.62x39, or .308 Rifle

Not with $1000 to spend this may get tricky...

Ruger P95
Basic Mossberg 500
Inexpensive Bolt-action rifle or a nice SKS

yeah...i dont think you really wanna carry three different calibers...you could put 5000 rounds of .22 in a sock...i like the .357 wheel gun and the marlin...yeah ill go with that...amazing how many of you would bug out without a good blade... :)

I want to see some of you guys hump all day with a rifle, shotgun and pistol along with a backpack/BOB and all the ammo you need or think you need for each in that bag. Dont forget about the water in the bag or hydration pack figured in the weight too. I think my fat arse could out pack some of the suggested stuff so far. Be kind on the comments it's not my fault you didnt think outside the box...............LOL

Handgun in .40 S&W - Glock (new) or quality used - $450 to $600
Carbine in .40 S&W - Hi-point or similar - $250 to $300
Rifle in 22lr, for small game and quiet environments - $150 used to $250 (probably autoloader)
... and a little left over for ammo. Or threaded barrel on the handgun with eyes on a future suppressor.
Readily available ammo and common between pistol and carbine. (Could downgrade the package to 9mm, but save little money.) Potential for lots of rounds without too much weight, increases mobility.

I want to see some of you guys hump all day with a rifle, shotgun and pistol along with a backpack/BOB and all the ammo you need or think you need for each in that bag. Dont forget about the water in the bag or hydration pack figured in the weight too. I think my fat arse could out pack some of the suggested stuff so far. Be kind on the comments it's not my fault you didnt think outside the box...............LOL

:s0113: exactly! love it!

If I had to GO RIGHT NOW, I'd only have a Smith 640, ten rounds of 38 special, and an Uncle Henry Stockman. And a coffee mug. That scenario is scary--and I didn't drive in today, so no truck with tools and outdoor gear, or clothes. I'd be flat-out screwed.

I should have read it a little better... I was thinking 3 guns to be prepared for anything.

For a bug out situation WITHOUT a vehicle I agree that a knife, pistol and small rifle would be best. Or substitute the rifle for a 12ga with different loads.

A Savage/Stevens 22-20 (or 22-12) (they even make a 30-30/12) gauge over under, a small hand gun no smaller than 9mm/38sp/.357 & one of those multi-tools or a good folder. But then again a K-Bar sound good too.

1. Cheap AR15 $600 or less
2. $400 or more of ammo
3. Training

3 guns for $1,000? Very difficult to do with quality guns, I would rather have one fully stocked gun with lots of ammo and training, but i am just thinking outside of the box.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews