JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's amazing, WW2 had a few low quality scopes
Now, everyone needs a $1000 dollar scope
A decent scope Is a great add on, you can get a decent scope for about $300 that will gather enough light. Remember LIGHT is your friend, even distorted light is your friend...at night

A used Glock 9mm, cpl full spare mags and an uncle mikes injection molded holster ~ $550

A good 4" fixed blade knife $50

A good 2.5-3.5" folding knife $50

$350 in a variety of bills to use while the economy still works to acquire otjer needed items.

I don't consider a knife a weapon - it's a tool. I always carry one, it comes off only when my clothes do or I'm using it.

If I'm bugging out, I'll be concerned about food more than humans. Otherwise, I need a lot more than $1K. Not concerned about CQB, hence a pistol is low effectiveness for it's weight and ammo.

AR15-A2, iron sights
7mm Rem
both are tried and true, and effective out to 500 yards.
With the money left over, I'd bring my fishing rod, line and a bunch of hooks.

... A bunch of these. Bidding on GB is starting at around a buck. There's a bunch of them bid up to around 30 bucks already. Get em` while they're hot! (don't be a hater).

Screenshot_20220709-151258.png

10/22 with a low power scope. $400
Browning buckmark pistol. $350
Benchmade auto knife. $200
Brick of .22 ammo $50.
Hit the $1000 limit already.

Necrothread!

Fun idea though.

Crow bar
Suppressed bolt action 22 SBR
Nods

I think I blew the budget in the gun, but at least the crowbar was cheap!

Stay out of sight, stay quiet, see before being seen.

10/22 $250

Torn between the ruger mk 22cal and a glock 19 $400

Mossberg 500 12gauge 20inch 8rnd $300

Agreed 45acp is a powerful caliber but compared to a 22cal you can haul 3 times the ammo and its much easier to build a field suppresor for the 22cal should stealth and position concealment be needed

That would be my starting set and would be modified based on the situation.

SHTF is to generic My choices are going to depend on the situation that I am faceing. Am I bugging in or bugging out, Am I in dense forest or a flat desert, do I have food and water to sustain me or I am am I expected to scavenge steal those? Am I alone or do I have family to defend.

I'll play . . .

Remington 870 12G (get a hunting version with different chokes that can shoot field loads, buckshot and slugs accurately).
Mossberg 500 with C-lect choke barrel covers all these in one no extra chokes to lose or anything. Just dial the choke in for what you want and its also slug rated. I managed to find mine at the gun show years ago for like $35!
It was for another model Mossberg 12ga I can't remember which one, but when I saw it I KNEW it would fit the 500. (Esp. For $35! 🤣🤣🤣)

Man OP's question is a toughy.

1. I think I'd pick a silky boy saw (not sure which ATM) for quiet sawing.

2. A decent knife, pick one of the plethora of decent ones. But for the sake of limited choices let's say a "leatherman" in general.

3. Is the toughest choice. I'm inclined to say something like a high power air rifle and a pair of casting pliers to feed it.
It depends on what kind if survival your talking about, since its kinda ambiguous I'd have to go with this. Assumed out in the country or rural.
If inner city I'd probably pick like a 14.5 AR, for compatibility and ease of ammo finding.
That or a Carl Gustav ;)

1. A rifle chambered in at least .223, semi-auto with greater than 10rd mag capacity prefered.
2. A shotgun of some kind, pump action with combo barrels (18" and 28") prefered
3. A compact semi-auto pistol that can be carried concealed, double-stack mag prefered.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews