JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, I purchased an Adj Gas Block for this AR after 1240 was passed
the vender sent a disclaimer in the package that it was up to me to check with local regulations
installed in 3 days ago
tuned it in this evening - everyone for a mile around heard me shooting this AR to tune it in to PMC 55 gn ammo
is this good enough? purchased and installed the part after 1240 passed
fired my AR so all my neighbors heard me
posted this action on this forum
will let you know
None of that sounds like violation, either. The parts thing seems to be a way of preventing new AWs from being assembled, not servicing existing legal ones.

1240 bans "manufacture" not "assembly."

They are both defined in the statute.

5ACA5F64-B4A1-40C6-A54E-4FA654350D45.jpeg

sorry, I'm a baby boomer, I don't know what that means
It means when folks here say things like "i am old and got mah shiz, sorry yer screwed whippersnappers" they get accused of being fudds - someone who maybe hunts and has some basic firearms but does not really care about the second smendment.

The people doing the accusing are considered to have such profoundly dangerous thoughts by the New World Communist Order that they will be put in traincars at any moment. And their secret agent decoder rings will be destoyed. And no stories at bedtime, just lights out.

It means when folks here say things like "i am old and got mah shiz, sorry yer screwed whippersnappers" they get accused of being fudds - someone who maybe hunts and has some basic firearms but does not really care about the second smendment.

The people doing the accusing are considered to have such profoundly dangerous thoughts by the New World Communist Order that they will be put in traincars at any moment. And their secret agent decoder rings will be destoyed. And no stories at bedtime, just lights out.
Balance Daniel San, equal amounts of preparedness and paranoia.

For what it's worth... in summary WA Gun Law Guy says sale of RECEIVERS is prohibited by the law, but non-receiver parts are fine. However, a bunch of manufacturers & sales outlets are taking a more cautious approach.

For what it's worth... in summary WA Gun Law Guy says sale of RECEIVERS is prohibited by the law, but non-receiver parts are fine. However, a bunch of manufacturers & sales outlets are taking a more cautious approach.

I think he is wrong about recievers. You can build many weapons from such a receiver that are not semi auto and nothing like an ar15. A reciever is a part of an ar15. A stripped lower Fe can be a part for many different guns just like a trigger, barrel etc. at least he is not arguing "you can't order anything" like many of the manufacturers are doing, so that's good.

I think he is wrong about recievers. You can build many weapons from such a receiver that are not semi auto and nothing like an ar15. A reciever is a part of an ar15. A stripped lower Fe can be a part for many different guns just like a trigger, barrel etc. at least he is not arguing "you can't order anything" like many of the manufacturers are doing, so that's good.
a bolt action upper for my collection of AR lowers!!
I'll have to budget for one of these, probably in 6.5 Grendel

you close off your adjustable gas block and get that, but I don't think Washington state is going to agree with that
You'te probably right. They would likely say that is constructive possession cuz all the parts are in one place, it's just that the semi auto function is disabled.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews