JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am sure i can afford one. Anyway… back on topic?
back on topic then
I have no encouragement to offer for this thread
I bought enough AR parts and receivers back in 2017 to last me through retirement for my 8 ARs
still get ammo delivered to my door marked as "machine parts"
have my own shooting range on private property
for those of you who didn't, there are ways around this ban, but nothing I'm going to encourage on this site

the one question I have not found an answer to here - how are they enforcing this on private gun owners and builders?

the one question I have not found an answer to here - how are they enforcing this on private gun owners and builders?
Do you mean enforcing the portion of the law about parts, or the whole thing in general? If you mean parts, so far all I have seen is vendors being scared and therefore not shipping to WA.

So far the only enforcement I've seen about the older mag ban is against 2 ffls who were selling >10 round mags. Perhaps someone else may have seen more than that but that's all I've seen fwiw.

What I'm curious about is has anyone heard from WA justice department that they understand he law to be about "any individual assault weapons part", or about the parts together that can create an "assault weapon". To me that's the crux of the matter.

Does the enforcement agency consider any part that can be used on an AR a violation, or do they only consider the parts necessary to build an illegal weapon in one place (such as a box, a drawer, etc) to be a violation. I believe it's the latter but a lot of vendors are being safe and assuming the former, imo.

who is the enforcement agency for unincorporated areas of Washington?
Does Bob Ferguson have his own gun gestapo?
Clark Co sheriffs sure doesn't have the manpower or inclination to do this
what the AG says in Olympia is one thing
what rural law enforcement actually does is another
back in 2019, 20 rural sheriffs refused to enforce Ferguson's gun control
I'm waiting for the first confirmed incident - otherwise it's just another liberal anti gun law that is just political rhetoric

by the way, did you know bob Ferguson is running for Governor of Washington?

That outcome was preordained, since Sideshow Bob is King Jay's personal anus-sucking lackey.

I'm moving out of this communist hellhole of a state before the travesty of a Sideshow Bob goobernorship obtains...

If y'all thought gun people control under King Jackboot was bad, an even bigger travesty than his Reign of Terror awaits you all with Sideshow Bob in control...

Last Edited:
I'm waiting for the first confirmed incident - otherwise it's just another liberal anti gun law that is just political rhetoric

Yep some or all of these might interpret that one sentence in the law that refers to parts differently:

1) WA AG
2) retailers
3) consumers
4) WA courts

5) Fed court(s)

Now whether the local law enforcement chooses to enforce it is another matter, like you said. But right now I think it unclear how the wa AG interprets that one sentence (unless someone can provide documentation of that).

My question is does the AG interpret that one sentence in the law to mean you cannot buy any parts to repair your currently legal "assault weapon"? Does the WA AG interpret that one sentence to mean that a person cannot build a bolt action rifle with any "assault weapon" parts?

Being that there is no mention that you cannot build a legal gun (such as a bolt gun or single shot), nor that you can't repair your currently legal "assault weapon" in the law, I think reading it as "parts are banned" may not be warranted at all.

I think reading it as "parts are banned" may not be warranted at all.
Go ahead and test this, I'll watch. Better yet I'll sell tickets.
When a law is unclear or ambiguous, a court must apply the Rule of Lenity in the manner that is most favorable to the defendant. But, given that we live in a decidedly communist state, that jurisprudence is probably not likely to be afforded to us serfs. Just another reason to GTFO of this hellhole, pronto...

Last Edited:
When a law is unclear or ambiguous, a court must apply the Rule of Lenity in the manner that is most favorable to the defendant. But, given that we live in a decidedly communist state, that jurisprudence is probably not likely to be afforded to us serfs. Just another reason to GTFO out this hellhole, pronto...
I hear you. The thing I see in the future is WA far left gov. will continue to turn the screws every year and go after every element of the hobby they can to create civilian disarmament. I think the biggest factor in that is WA state's registration system. Once they have a gun on that they can add rule after rule that the owner must comply with to continue to own the gun (that all assumes no corrections by scotus -hopefully they will be able to stop this crap).

Go ahead and test this, I'll watch. Better yet I'll sell tickets.
and again I ask - who is checking and how are they checking?
the firearm training facility out near Goldendale is still offering training with ARs in 2023
who is checking that all their firearms and parts are legacy?
is there a checkpoint at Biggs Junction to check for Oregonians coming over with assault weapons and magazines?
on their website they say Oregonians can bring their own HC mags and rifles as long as they take them home
and I'm sure they conferred with their legal team before posting this

Not my monkey, not my circus.

If I haven't made it plain enough already, you do you.
I place no faith but distrust in tyrants.
which is why I live on 5 remote acres in Washington
the rantings of Olympia have very little affect on life on the North Fork of the Lewis, such as HB 1240
just leftist political posturing
some can rant against the tyrants
I just moved to where it doesn't matter

The 2023 supplemental budget request from the AG's office, for criminals investigators on HB1240, was $3.2 million. They are going to sue sellers under the Consumer Protection umbrella, thats how to to go after dealers nationwide. The AG's office is actively issuing consumer investigative demands to wholesalers across the country for lists of WA dealers who have received banned items. The have asked ammo dealers if they possess Washington Ammo Dealers licenses.

Confirmation: Federal Way Discount Gun and their $19.5 million mag ban fine under the state CPA.

The 2023 supplemental budget request from the AG's office, for criminals investigators on HB1240, was $3.2 million. They are going to sue sellers under the Consumer Protection umbrella, thats how to to go after dealers nationwide. The AG's office is actively issuing consumer investigative demands to wholesalers across the country for lists of WA dealers who have received banned items. The have asked ammo dealers if they possess Washington Ammo Dealers licenses.

Confirmation: Federal Way Discount Gun and their $19.5 million mag ban fine under the state CPA.
I just read the case on Federal Way Discount
they were as openly stupid as it gets
they sold 2600 High Cap mags after the ban
they sold mags to undercover agents on 9 occasions
any street drug dealer is more intelligent than that

I also checked the website of my ammo suppliers and each one state on their site that they are legal to ship to Washington state

That makes sense. If they want to shut down the most they can with limited staff/resources then going after dealers is how they can do it. Would be incredibly hard to go after consumers it would take massive resources. Also it's consistent with the "public nuisance" bullbubblegum they tried to pull where dipbubblegum BOb could just go after any ffl he wants at any time. This shot will spread to Oregon too. Anything they get away with they will try to duplicate elsewhere. Sucks donkey balls.

That makes sense. If they want to shut down the most they can with limited staff/resources then going after dealers is how they can do it. Would be incredibly hard to go after consumers it would take massive resources. Also it's consistent with the "public nuisance" bullbubblegum they tried to pull where dipbubblegum BOb could just go after any ffl he wants at any time. This shot will spread to Oregon too. Anything they get away with they will try to duplicate elsewhere. Sucks donkey balls.
I still have lots of friends in California with ARs, AKs, and even a banned M1A
they accept they can't buy parts or ammo in their state, but still kept the firearms in violation of California law
once a month, they take a trip to Reno or Las Vegas, get their parts and ammo and spend a day shooting in the desert
no, they can't shoot at local ranges in California, or mail order or local purchase even replacement parts
but their love of ARs and the Second Amendment is so strong they just keep under the radar
in very North Cal, up by Reading, the political atmosphere is different
they can go out to National forest and gravel pits to shoot
they drive up into Oergon to purchase parts and ammo

several years ago, took my Chinese AK down to a party near Weed, Cal
on the second day, we sent a runner back up to Oregon to get more ammo
the Runner called back and had me speak to the shop owner
she wanted to know weather I wanted 20 rnd boxes or 1260 rnd wooden crates

before I retired, an associate from California was working with us in Tacoma
before he returned, he loaded his trunk up with 30 rn mags
there are still tens of thousands of unregistered ARs and AKs in California, every owner in violation of California law
HB 1240 will change our lifestyles, but it will not prevent us from enjoying our semi auto sporting rifles

7.62x39[1].jpg

When a law is unclear or ambiguous, a court must apply the Rule of Lenity in the manner that is most favorable to the defendant. But, given that we live in a decidedly communist state, that jurisprudence is probably not likely to be afforded to us serfs. Just another reason to GTFO out this hellhole, pronto...
What is unclear? Every time someone brings up some sort of exception it seems to be based on extreme wishful thinking, not reading a very straightforward law.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top