JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No.

Unless "upgrade" means you're putting a part on a semi-automatic rifle or handgun which would make it into an assault weapon when it was not one before the ban. Like if you had the muzzle of a (hunting-version) Browning BAR threaded. Or added a threaded barrel to a pistol which it did not have before the ban.

Some retailers may choose not to sell certain parts in/to WA while they learn to read.

Some retailers may choose not to sell certain parts in/to WA while they learn to read.
Haha this right here.
Almost everyone inside WA have gone full turtle mode. Most out of state retailers are still shipping most anything not FFL to WA.. the one exception I've seen is threaded barrels for some reason, not sure why those are being honed in on. If your shop decides to not ship barrels to WA, you shouldn't be shipping muzzle devices or forward grips or suppressors either because those are listed in the same naughty features section you seem to think bans threaded barrels :rolleyes:

Palmetto will not send the following to Washington, the link to this list is on their homepage:
1683436584508.png
Davidson Defense also has a legal notice on their homepage.

I've only been to one gun store in WA since the bill passed. It was completely empty of any AR parts. Handguards, spare parts, anything. They had some pistol spare parts, but that was it. Everything else in stock was all the peripheral items you might need. Cases, ears, eyes, some 10rd pistol mags.

I'd suggest paying attention to the legislative process as it plays out. That way you are in the loop and don't get blindsided and you can throw your .02 in.

I've only been to one gun store in WA since the bill passed. It was completely empty of any AR parts. Handguards, spare parts, anything. They had some pistol spare parts, but that was it. Everything else in stock was all the peripheral items you might need. Cases, ears, eyes, some 10rd pistol mags.
Now compare that with out of state retailers. Most will still ship anything except assembled rifles and lowers, and some of the bigger shops like PSA have more extensive restrictions like threaded barrels.
Notice the very fine wording from PSA.. "No flash suppressor or muzzle device on a rifle."
The flash suppressor itself is not banned. "No assembled uppers." Ok, how about a stripped upper?
See how that works? Shops are making a decision on what to ship and what not to ship based on gut feelings and level of risk aversion, not the legal definition of the bill language because it's not clear enough.

Last Edited:
There are many differing interpretations regarding recently passed legislation in part due to their poor sentence structure. It looked to me like they were going to ban parts while the legislation moved forward; but there were a lot of people who didn't agree with my analogy. Again, there was no all-powerful, national group, to aid us in countering the attempts to usurp our rights. We lost the NRA and without them, there goes our guns. I know people don't like current BOD members but WTF was everyone thinking? Unfortunately, we have now relegated all our hopes into the hands of our legal system.

From the bill itself:

"and conversion kits and parts that can be used to assemble an assault weapon or convert a firearm into an assault weapon, if the parts are in the possession of or under the control of the same person."

Well it seems that if you don't have any receivers you can buy all the parts you like because they can't be assembled into a firearm let alone an assault weapon.

Even sideshow Bob would have a hard time building a case for constructive possession without a receiver.

Then there is the already have an assault weapon in caliber x . If a kit or parts are purchased for caliber y, z, or other they wouldn't be used to convert or assemble an assault weapon because it already is.

Now if someone stocked up on receivers before the ban and acquires
"conversion kits and parts that can be used to assemble an assault weapon or convert a firearm into an assault weapon, if the parts are in the possession of or under the control of the same person."
Then you're boned.

Question is, who wants to be the test case?

Last Edited:
From the bill itself:

"and conversion kits and parts that can be used to assemble an assault weapon or convert a firearm into an assault weapon, if the parts are in the possession of or under the control of the same person."
But we were never allowed to own "Assault Weapons" in Warshington.
WTH is this bill about, it's about total control of their enemies (peaceable citizens)!!!

Are they attributing this to 1240?
Not sure I need to call and see. They had a fair number of semi-automatic AR15 and some AK47 to rent but now with the ban in place I don't know. They always cased AK47 rounds to be fired there as long is was just copper and lead and not bimetal rounds or anything. I have been to the Bellevue Indoor range numerous time over the years as well and you cannot not shoot aluminum or steel cased rounds there. I have not be to the Bellevue Range since my BIL visited.

Now imagine is your assault weapons get stolen
What then you're screwed can't buy them again
I hope everyone had redundancies going because these things are going up in value

But you can't sell them either, so how much 'percieved' value do you have??
Value can be perceived or monitory I'm talking about perceived value mostly as you can't replace it but it also will have a black market value more than it does now so it will be high on a bad guys list to steal more so than it already does.
You could have a problem in the future like New York did when they made the list of firearms owners public.

The real question is what is the insurance value for a "right" that cannot be replaced after a loss (fire, theft, hurricane)? Seems like it could be astronomical in monetary terms. Actual AR Value $500-$2500 loss of right value???? Seven Figures does not sound out of line, and who do you sue? Bobby Ferge, Jayboy, Office of Consumer Protection.

The legislation can say it does not create a right, but the actual language of it does. Those who owned evil rifles before the ban have more 2a rights than those who did not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top