JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha, just like that "Judge" in Harney county back in 2014 during the Bundy dust up, he sure pulled a lot of power for a washed up nobody who claimed the title "Judge" for himself! WHat was really eye opening was folks called him out on his made up-ness, but nobody told his to sit his old arse down and shut the phuck up and let big boys and girls talk, so they got stuck with him anyway!

As might be expected, the Wash. State Supreme Court leans well to the left. In a state that has been absolutely dominated by Dem. incumbents for well over 30 years, the machinery and funding is always in place to encourage if not ensure Dems. in the guise of non-partisan candidates get elected. Mid-term vacancies on the court are appointments (by the Dem. governor), once in there as an appointee, they usually get to stay.
This situation is just a semi-democratized (small d) form of political patronage, or spoilage, if you will. A long tradition in American politics.

NEVER vote for the incumbent on WSSC! Pull a name out of your butt for write-in if you have to, I'm going to be writing in Mark Lindquist. (Former Pierce County prosecutor who explicitly ran AGAINST Seattle Leftists.) Considering former Federal prosecutor and WSRP chair Diane Tebelius for another.
You are one of the maybe two percent of voters who looks into this. In a state like Warshington where there is a strong Democrat party lock on office holding, it's difficult to break the bonds of patronage on the SSC. There are sites online that summarize past SSC judicial contests. The unopposed candidates typically garner over 90% of the vote. In contests with two candidates, the results are typical of Wash. voting, 60%+ for Dem. sponsored candidates.

Maybe it's just my opinion, but the Wash. SSC doesn't seem to have any shame. Like we often see with the (at present right-leaning) SCOTUS which is sometimes subject to the pressures of public opinion.

At the speed of which this emergency stay came down, is it possible judge Bashor gave a heads up to the state before the decision was released?
My suspicion is Ferguson planned and prepared long in advance, this is like Johnston knew the request for stay was coming and drew it up before Bashor even started writing his ruling.

There was a series of 3 interviews Brian gave to Brad Morgan (We the Governed YT channel) last year where this was covered. You can also checkout the Let's Go WA! website to see if they take a 2A position there.

too long, didn't read, didn't watch. if anyone knows, please, post.

Watched it this afternoon. I particularly appreciated Mark's comments about judge Bashor's taking the time to footnote all the references to important SCOTUS 2A decisions, then stating that this was the kind of legal scrutiny that will get you noticed for a federal bench. Should we get another shot at a conservative in the WH early next year AND a vacancy in either a Washington federal district court OR the 9th Circus, we need to lobby our US reps to get Bashor in front of that administration for nomination.

1712717631500.jpeg

A quote from the above rectal orifice's opinion. Emphasis mine:

"Having considered the State's motion and attachments thereto, the superior
court's order, the debatable nature of the factual and legal issues raised in this case, and
the public safety issues concerning the proliferation of large capacity magazines

compatible with assault weapons
as defined by RCW 9.41.010(2); taking into account
the provisions of RAP 8.1(b)(3) and RAP 8.3; and taking into consideration the
effective administration of justice under SAR 15(a), I have determined that it is
appropriate to enter a temporary stay of the superior court's order pending resolution of
the State's emergency motion for a stay pending further review of that order."

So the plain language of the Second Amendment, AND Washington State's Article 24 AND the Supreme Court's Heller, McDonald and Bruen decisions are debatable.
What a sellout prick!:mad:

View attachment 1860495

A quote from the above rectal orifice's opinion. Emphasis mine:

"Having considered the State's motion and attachments thereto, the superior
court's order, the debatable nature of the factual and legal issues raised in this case, and
the public safety issues concerning the proliferation of large capacity magazines

compatible with assault weapons
as defined by RCW 9.41.010(2); taking into account
the provisions of RAP 8.1(b)(3) and RAP 8.3; and taking into consideration the
effective administration of justice under SAR 15(a), I have determined that it is
appropriate to enter a temporary stay of the superior court's order pending resolution of
the State's emergency motion for a stay pending further review of that order."

So the plain language of the Second Amendment, AND Washington State's Article 24 AND the Supreme Court's Heller, McDonald and Bruen decisions are debatable.
What a sellout prick!:mad:
It's ""debatable"" insofar as they're hoping to get the chance to force Thomas and Alito both out of SCOTUS in order to get back to a Statist/Institutionalist/anti2A majority on the SCOTUS and reverse Heller, Bruen and any other 2A decision.

it's ""debatable"" as to whether SCOTUS will hear and hand the 9th Circuit a much needed curbstomping on weaseling around Bruen/Heller and settle for once what 2A means, how 2A means, and that States like WA, CA, OR, HI cannot keep disrespecting and abusing jurisdiction against SCOTUS/Constitution (law of land).

That explains why I couldn't find any in Google search.
Once it hits SCOTUS it only takes one case to set the precedent on all the rest. SCOTUS is currently spoiled for choice on this specific topic, with 3 or 4 cases vying to be "the" mag ban case before the court. SCOTUS seems to be trying to get the lower courts to set proper precedent themselves and has overturned and remanded at least two(?) of them for reconsideration, but I do believe one of them at least is now ripe for proper SCOTUS consideration. We will have to see if they take it up shortly or if they send it back down for another run through the lower courts.

Yes, it is hard to keep track of all these case and their constantly changing statuses. I often confuse the different cases, since they are all about basically the same thing, just in different jurisdictions. Unless you know the specific name of the case a generic search for "mag ban case" or similar results in a very jumbled and cluttered search. I wish someone had a site with all the cases, the current status and important upcoming dates in one spreadsheet, but that would be a huge amount of work to track and I know of no one who is doing that.

Hopefully we can get one solid case before SCOTUS soon, and the rest of the cases can be mooted once and for all.

I think it's going to be the Cali case that got GVR'ed back down to the nutty 9th, that Roberts WANTS to reverse them and really stick it to them, that one would be THE case to shut it all down! We all know the mental gymnastics the 9th will pull to try and side with the state, so this would be Roberts chance to really rip them apart and force them to apply Bruen/Heller/McDonald correctly!

I think it's going to be the Cali case that got GVR'ed back down to the nutty 9th, that Roberts WANTS to reverse them and really stick it to them, that one would be THE case to shut it all down! We all know the mental gymnastics the 9th will pull to try and side with the state, so this would be Roberts chance to really rip them apart and force them to apply Bruen/Heller/McDonald correctly!
Roberts? Nah. Alito and Thomas, o hell yea

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads