JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Best I can tell after reading the 1240 bill a couple times...it will be the threaded barrel which can accept a suppressor, not a suppressor itself that is covered by 1240???

I just had available funds hit my account today 3-31-23 (finally) allowing me to purchase a suppressor...but have read and heard comments that suppressors are/will be included in the bill. As I read the bill in it's current form...that is not the case.

I've got my prints in hand and ready to apply...but having reservations about all the funds tied up in limbo...anyone reading this differently???

Hopefully the ffl you buy it from will still be in business after the "kill all ffls" bill get passed. I would be darn careful who u buy it from as they may well be gone months before you get atf approval.

Best I can tell after reading the 1240 bill a couple times...it will be the threaded barrel which can accept a suppressor, not a suppressor itself that is covered by 1240???

I just had available funds hit my account today 3-31-23 (finally) allowing me to purchase a suppressor...but have read and heard comments that suppressors are/will be included in the bill. As I read the bill in it's current form...that is not the case.

I've got my prints in hand and ready to apply...but having reservations about all the funds tied up in limbo...anyone reading this differently???
I dont think even threaded barrels are banned. They are mentioned ONLY in the context of a semi auto pistol with one becoming g banned, after the bill is signed.

I think the law allows existing guns to have them. For instance you can't make or manufacture one with a threaded barrel. But it does t say you can't buy the barrel itself. And how could anyone prove what a pre an pistol had

However there is another part that says if you have both parts and firearm in your possession, then its a violation. But not that you can't buy a threaded barrel.

There are going to be so many loopholes in this bill. Look holes that help you and loopholes that burn you

Democrats are taking an inch at a time to eve tally confiscate one.

Buying a threaded pistol barrel after the ban
+
putting it in a pistol which did not have a threaded barrel before the ban
=
you have created a new "assault weapon"

The whole constructive intent is what they are going after from what I'm seeing, more or less aka a collection of parts to make an "assault weapon". Cans themselves are not banned. You won't find threaded barrel equipped guns while the idiotic law is in effect. The BS AWB law has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

Post-ban, does a part create an assault weapon, or create a condition where there is a readily-assemble-able assault weapon, as a collection of parts residing in your own private domicile? No? then you are fine.

I won't buy any new parts which would render a non "assault weapon" into one. For the guns I own which will be grandfathered, I will buy whatever the fook I feel like. This is why I am happy my threaded barrel arrived for my Hi-Power on Saturday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top