JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seriously, has any FFL tested the waters on this? I'd imagine they could do what Primary Arms (among others) is doing and have buyers sign a form that says "I won't make an assault weapon with these parts" since a lower could be used to create a single shot rifle. As long as the lower wasn't on the list of banned firearms and didn't have the words "AR15" in the model name, couldn't these still be sold in WA?

Not trying to start some big argument so let's keep the thread clean. Just curious here. Can't an ffl still sell a stripped lower since nothing about it meets the qualifications of an assault weapon or am I missing something.

I don't think so. But I'd like that to be so.
I think the reverse could work, buying a single shot complete rifle and then simply using the lower to build what you wanted.. so I think it's a massive grey area in the law.
Which I'm sure they have factored in, or will soon factor in.

Testing the waters....is all well and good until....
Your freedom and livelihood is on the line.
What happens to your family and your employees when you are facing legal trouble ...and possibly your shop closing..?

And yes I know the old saying of :
You gotta stand for something or you fall for anything....

Please note that I am not in favor of Washington's latest and not so latest laws , bans , restrictions and the like.

They do need to be fought and overturned.
However....
Do so smartly...I would suggest leaving creativity with the law...to lawyers.
Andy

I don't think so. But I'd like that to be so.
I think the reverse could work, buying a single shot complete rifle and then simply using the lower to build what you wanted.. so I think it's a massive grey area in the law.
Which I'm sure they have factored in, or will soon factor in.
Unfortunately majority of the single shot AR style rifles use a proprietary lower that is different from a standard lower

Testing the waters....is all well and good until....
Your freedom and livelihood is on the line.
What happens to your family and your employees when you are facing legal trouble ...and possibly your shop closing..?

And yes I know the old saying of :
You gotta stand for something or you fall for anything....

Please note that I am not in favor of Washington's latest and not so latest laws , bans , restrictions and the like.

They do need to be fought and overturned.
However....
Do so smartly...I would suggest leaving creativity with the law...to lawyers.
Andy
I agree. If I was an FFL I'd have left washington a long time ago. I'm not encouraging anyone to put their family and livelihood in jeopardy I am just asking. I guarantee there's some FFL in WA doing so, and if you know of one please don't put their name on this thread LOL that's what the PM is for. I've seen quite a few standard mags uppers bcg's etc for sale in ffls post 1240 but haven't seen a lower for sale since.

Unfortunately majority of the single shot AR style rifles use a proprietary lower that is different from a standard lower
True! Most likely to be readily importable to ban states. But I'm unfamiliar with a vast majority of the pump action and single shot type ARs, so what you says makes sense!

I agree. If I was an FFL I'd have left washington a long time ago. I'm not encouraging anyone to put their family and livelihood in jeopardy I am just asking. I guarantee there's some FFL in WA doing so, and if you know of one please don't put their name on this thread LOL that's what the PM is for. I've seen quite a few standard mags uppers bcg's etc for sale in ffls post 1240 but haven't seen a lower for sale since.
Yes indeed

What is ironic about the latest and not so latest laws , bans , restrictions , requirements and the like is....
That they probably made more criminals....outta folks who just don't want the hassle involved with conducting a private sale legally.
These same folks also are generally not any problem and are otherwise law abiding.
Andy

True! Most likely to be readily importable to ban states. But I'm unfamiliar with a vast majority of the pump action and single shot type ARs, so what you says makes sense!
Yeah I totally was thinking of buying a pump AR just because I thought it would be cool as heck, until I found out that its a proprietary upper / lower so that gun can't be swapped around to other platforms.

Seriously, has any FFL tested the waters on this? I'd imagine they could do what Primary Arms (among others) is doing and have buyers sign a form that says "I won't make an assault weapon with these parts" since a lower could be used to create a single shot rifle. As long as the lower wasn't on the list of banned firearms and didn't have the words "AR15" in the model name, couldn't these still be sold in WA?

Not trying to start some big argument so let's keep the thread clean. Just curious here. Can't an ffl still sell a stripped lower since nothing about it meets the qualifications of an assault weapon or am I missing something.
Ever since WA started passing more insane laws there has been a LOT of gun owners asking for this. Many angry that supplier's want to play it safe. Great fun asking others to be the one to put their money and neck on the line. WA voters did this too themselves. What they need to do is work hard to WAKE up a lot of those who allowed this to happen. In the mean time? Those of us who live here have to either live with it or up and move. Moving is tempting but that too is often a short lived "fix". The cancer of "I don't care" follows and soon places that are nice now, are not so nice before long.

Yeah I totally was thinking of buying a pump AR just because I thought it would be cool as heck, until I found out that its a proprietary upper / lower so that gun can't be swapped around to other platforms.
I have long said a pump action would be fantastic when they finally take the semi's. Who is making a pump action AR lower now? If they can start cranking enough of them out to get price down could make a dandy PCC if I live long enough to lose the ones I have now.

I liked the idea of the Remington 760 model that took AR15 magazines....
That was a neat idea...that didn't last too long if I remember correctly.
I'd like to see that back again...with wood stocks..and a nice set of peep sights... :D

Not that I think AR15 type rifles should or need to be banned or restricted...just nice to have options.
Andy

Ever since WA started passing more insane laws there has been a LOT of gun owners asking for this. Many angry that supplier's want to play it safe. Great fun asking others to be the one to put their money and neck on the line. WA voters did this too themselves. What they need to do is work hard to WAKE up a lot of those who allowed this to happen. In the mean time? Those of us who live here have to either live with it or up and move. Moving is tempting but that too is often a short lived "fix". The cancer of "I don't care" follows and soon places that are nice now, are not so nice before long.
Unfortunately WA voters really had nothing to do with this. I mean yeah seattle voted these people in but us washington residents did not get to vote on any of these gun laws. These are enacted by the governor. It's not like oregons 114 that was 50/50 vote. This was pushed on all of Washington by politicians who think they know the best for us.

As far as your statement of moving, that depends on where you move to. For example if you move to Texas yeah you're just kicking the can down the road 5 or 6 years. Too many liberals moving there. Look at the 2020 election Texas almost flipped blue the first time ever.

If you move somewhere like let's say ID or UT, or out east like SC or NC, those states are continuing to become more conservative every year unlike the statistics of every other state in the US.

So moving is totally a viable option it just depends on WHERE you go.

I have long said a pump action would be fantastic when they finally take the semi's. Who is making a pump action AR lower now? If they can start cranking enough of them out to get price down could make a dandy PCC if I live long enough to lose the ones I have now.

WA legal, @Sporting Systems has them, but the lower/upper is not compatable with AR platform

Doing a quick search I did find one place (so far) making a pump action AR. Troy. So far looks like one in .556 and 7.62 (308). Interesting looking set up. No idea how well they work yet though. Its an interesting start. Of course the rub will be if someone starts cranking these out probably would not take long for law makers to decide this too just has to go here. 🤬

Doing a quick search I did find one place (so far) making a pump action AR. Troy. So far looks like one in .556 and 7.62 (308). Interesting looking set up. No idea how well they work yet though. Its an interesting start. Of course the rub will be if someone starts cranking these out probably would not take long for law makers to decide this too just has to go here. 🤬
The lowers on the troy is proprietary, it's not a normal AR lower

It can also be used to make a muzzle loader because muzzleloader uppers are available. Muzzle loaders probably put it in an entirely different category I would guess?

I have an idea....
How 'bout the governor and AG , put aside their self interest....stop listening to only those who agree with them....
And work for all of Washington...?

Wait...I just woke up...what a nice dream I was having ...shame it was exchanged for the nightmare of reality.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads