JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It can also be used to make a muzzle loader because muzzleloader uppers are available. Muzzle loaders probably put it in an entirely different category I would guess?
Very true.

So that being said, I wonder if someone could import a standard AR lower, built out with a POS muzzle loader upper on top of it. And call it like the ML100. It's a muzzle loader. It's not subjected to a nics check. Hmmmmmmmm

I have an idea....
How 'bout the governor and AG , put aside their self interest....stop listening to only those who agree with them....
And work for all of Washington...?

Wait...I just woke up...what a nice dream I was having ...shame it was exchanged to the nightmare of reality.
Andy
LOL

Very true.

So that being said, I wonder if someone could import a standard AR lower, built out with a POS muzzle loader upper on top of it. And call it like the ML100. It's a muzzle loader. It's not subjected to a nics check. Hmmmmmmmm
Seems to me if buyer of the lower gave ffl a statement saying this lower will be used for muzzleloader only then they couldn't do anything to the ffl.

But I seem to recall some bs about how for an AR the lower constitutes an entire gun. I'm really fuzzy on that though.

Basically one has to get around the terms "AR15 in all its forms". I don't see how a muzzleloader could be considered an AR15 personally because it's in an entirely different class of weapons. But all this is up to FFLs as they are the ones taking any potential risk.

Seems to me if buyer of the lower gave ffl a statement saying this lower will be used for muzzleloader only then they couldn't do anything to the ffl.

But I seem to recall some bs about how for an AR the lower constitutes an entire gun. I'm really fuzzy on that though.

Basically one has to get around the terms "AR15 in all its forms". I don't see how a muzzleloader could be considered an AR15 personally. But all this is up to FFLs as they are the ones taking any potential risk.
The lower is a gun. This is why you can't just mail order one.

Basically one has to get around the terms "AR15 in all its forms". I don't see how a muzzleloader could be considered an AR15 personally because it's in an entirely different class of weapons. But all this is up to FFLs as they are the ones taking any potential risk.
I agree. Also the whole "AR15 in all its forms" is pretty funny because there's really only one AR15. I know that there are a million different AR style rifles but like AR15 in all its forms would be like any armalite AR in any configuration but like a bcm bcm4 or a PSA pa15 is not an AR15. It's an "ar style rifle"

That sounds great, who is going to sell you an AR lower with no serial numbers?
Someone who manufactures one to spec, and pairs it with a muzzle loader upper, and puts their own non-banned brand name on it!

Not saying it's realistic, I think he's just saying that someone COULD do it and it would be legal.

Someone who manufactures one to spec, and pairs it with a muzzle loader upper, and puts their own non-banned brand name on it!

Not saying it's realistic, I think he's just saying that someone COULD do it and it would be legal.
Sure, let me know when you find that as it will not exist. By all means you have found an untapped market. Make them and sell them. Get your affairs in order first as you will be arrested.

Unfortunately majority of the single shot AR style rifles use a proprietary lower that is different from a standard lower
There are many options for manual loading MSRs that resemble an AR15 in looks but not in function.

Commercially available less so but in the private market the choices are broad. The problem is finding an FFL who interprets the law correctly. It's pretty clear that manual loading firearms are exempt.

(c) "Assault weapon" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.

Very true.

Yes they could. https://uintahprecision.com/product/modern-sporting-muzzleloader-upper/

Very true.

You just inspired my next project idea. If a person could make a muzzleloading slide for a Poly80 type blank, that would solve the serialization problem. Gears are turning.

A quick google search doesn't indicate this being done before. I might be able to get another first.

You just inspired my next project idea. If a person could make a muzzleloading slide for a Poly80 type blank, that would solve the serialization problem. Gears are turning.

A quick google search doesn't indicate this being done before. I might be able to get another first.
Do it!

There are many options for manual loading MSRs that resemble an AR15 in looks but not in function.

Commercially available less so but in the private market the choices are broad. The problem is finding an FFL who interprets the law correctly. It's pretty clear that manual loading firearms are exempt.

(c) "Assault weapon" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.
I did not check with them but I "hear" Sporting Systems is selling the one pump action AR here. I had no idea the co had been making these for a good while now. I suspect they will start to see a much larger market as more bans go in. Should not take too long for most FFL's to feel comfortable transferring one of these since they can NOT be turned into a semi version. The people who are not going to find anyone to sell to them are all the ones who seem to think they are going to get a "normal" AR lower on the promise to not build it into a semi. That just is not going to happen. I would like to see someone make a good lower like the one Troy is making for builders. Suspect that up till now there just was not a real market for them. That should start to change. Would be fun to be able to make one that took pistol rounds and Glock mags.

I did not check with them but I "hear" Sporting Systems is selling the one pump action AR here. I had no idea the co had been making these for a good while now. I suspect they will start to see a much larger market as more bans go in. Should not take too long for most FFL's to feel comfortable transferring one of these since they can NOT be turned into a semi version. The people who are not going to find anyone to sell to them are all the ones who seem to think they are going to get a "normal" AR lower on the promise to not build it into a semi. That just is not going to happen. I would like to see someone make a good lower like the one Troy is making for builders. Suspect that up till now there just was not a real market for them. That should start to change. Would be fun to be able to make one that took pistol rounds and Glock mags.
Isn't there a really ugly AR lever action out there also. I seem to recall a thread on it but can't recall.

Isn't there a really ugly AR lever action out there also. I seem to recall a thread on it but can't recall.
Now that you said that I do think I remember seeing something like that while back. I would FAR prefer the pump as its so much easier to keep sights on target while racking the action. Watched a couple video's of tests of the Troy from a good while back and it works great.

Now that you said that I do think I remember seeing something like that while back. I would FAR prefer the pump as its so much easier to keep sights on target while racking the action. Watched a couple video's of tests of the Troy from a good while back and it works great.
To me as soon as you step away from semi auto for .223 it makes little sense unless trying to use up ammo or whatever. If non semi auto I would go for a different cartridge.

It's probably a good thing that so many 80% lowers were sold and hopefully those owners finished them off and put their own serial numbers on them prior to WA law enactment dates.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top