JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No matter how the incident is believed to have happened, selling a $250 gun for $5,000 is profiteering on the notoriety, and on that alone I find it opportunistic and offensive.
Sell the thing for the going price and quietly get your investment out of it and disappear. Please.

No matter how the incident is believed to have happened, selling a $250 gun for $5,000 is profiteering on the notoriety, and on that alone I find it opportunistic and offensive.
Sell the thing for the going price and quietly get your investment out of it and disappear. Please.

The guy pretty much had his life ruined. Imagine having a name, that no matter where you wrote it, the person reading it would know immediately who you were? All this thanks to the media, who blasted it everywhere that TV, radio and printed matter reach...For months!

The legal system that we all agree isn't perfect, but still believe to be the best in the world, said the man committed no crime. Don't for get there were to be NO charges filed by the agency that did the initial investigation. An agency that would presumably be experienced in what are, and are not, chargeable actions? Then of course the media came in a whipped up the crap storm until the president decided that that poor boy could have been his son. Charges were filed. And away we went!

In my opinion it seems a bit hypocritical to say that Zimmerman can't sell his possession for a profit. What ever it sells for is "The Going Price" isn't it? Who here isn't thrilled to pick up an old dirty rifle in a barrel at surplus and find out he can sell it for twice the price he paid? How about a rifle/hand gun that Bill Cody carried? Would we degrade the man that bought/sold/traded these types of arms? We all scream that "The fire arm is a "TOOL", it's the person using the tool that is bad or good. How can we now say, "No, it's the gun and you shouldn't make a profit off it" as though IT has a soul of some kind? That reeks of hypocrisy, to me.

I wish peace for Zimmerman in the future. There a many men well more evil in this world that walk free, with clear conscience. A butt load of THOSE types are so-called "Public Servants" for hell's sake!

I THINK, George Zimmerman would do well to take his pile of cash and hook-up with Tonya Harding, buy a little cabin in Northern Idaho, (Or somewhere in Appalachia), and live as the perfect couple, happily ever after!

Last Edited:
I THINK, George Zimmerman would do well to take his pile of cash and hook-up with Tonya Harding, buy a little cabin in Northern Idaho, (Or somewhere in Appalachia), and live as the perfect couple, happily ever after!

Now THAT is just nasty Mike!! :eek: Not a coupling I want to picture :oops:

I almost Forgot about sweet little Tonya. What a train wreck that one turned out to be. Poor George wouldn't know what to do with that!

My brother's co-worker dated her for a short time, must have been a good 15 years ago. Train wreck appears to have been an understatement. As I recall, she clocked him once before he got out while the getting was good.

My brother's co-worker dated her for a short time, must have been a good 15 years ago. Train wreck appears to have been an understatement. As I recall, she clocked him once before he got out while the getting was good.
I "met" her a few times in south east PDX,Driving round in that big jacked up pickup of hers, trolling for guys, but ending up in trouble! What a piece of............. work!

In my opinion it seems a bit hypocritical to say that Zimmerman can't sell his possession for a profit.

Well Mike, hypocritical means we criticize someone for something we ourselves did.

I haven't ever tried to profit from a tragedy by selling a piece of evidence from a trial, like Mr. Zimmerman is trying to do. So, no, it isn't hypocritical at all.

And taking a 2000% profit based on a disaster is opportunistic and offensive to me, a value judgment that is subjective.

Keep in mind that taxes will take half, and he pledged a portion of the proceeds to fight BLM. So while it is a lot for a gun, it isn't even close to life changing, never work again money.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top