Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Zimmerman's 9mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol - Auction starts @$5,000

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Joe13, May 12, 2016.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

In an interview with Orlando, Florida, TV station WOFL, Zimmerman said he had just gotten the pistol back from the U.S. Justice Department, which took it after he was acquitted in Martin's 2012 shooting death.

"And I thought it's time to move past the firearm," Zimmerman told the station. "And if I sell it and it sells, I move past it. Otherwise, it's going in a safe for my grandkids and never to be used or seen again."

The auction listing on GunBroker.com lists the gun as a 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol. The auction begins at 11 a.m. EDT Thursday and ends at the same time Friday. The bidding starts at $5,000.

What a turd...

DuneHopper likes this.
  2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's been pulled from Gun Broker. No explanation, just gone.
    Doesn't surprise me.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This guy is a loser and I am still of the opinion that he was the one responsible for escalating the situation with Martin in the first place. I hate that people like him are used to represent other gun owners. He needs to go away.

4. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

So a man who is publusized and made example of for using deadly force in a self defense situtatuin can't even sell his own property to make some money. Good job America!

5. etrain16

Of course he can sell his own property. It's more a matter of whether it's in good taste in this particular instance. He's trying to profit off of this, obviously.

boogerhook likes this.
  6. Reno911

So what. I bet the parents made out too from the death of their child. No news story on that though.

I'm getting tired of Americas agenda driven stupidity. There is nothing wrong with this. It is also very likely this man needs the money too.

7. etrain16

I personally get sick of anyone making money off of a crime. I hold both Zimmerman and Martin responsible for what happened that day - both made poor choices and both lost something as a result. Zimmerman basically stalked the kid, which led to the incident, and that removes any sympathy I have for his use of force - he created the need rather than let the kid go and let the police check him out. In my mind, he did not show responsible gun ownership and use that day.

Like I said, he has the right to sell it - just as I have the right to the opinion that selling it in such a public manner as he is (media hound), is in poor taste. I would like him to just go away. And if he had minded his business that day, maybe he wouldn't need the money now. Just my 2 cents, I don't expect everyone to agree.

8. Mor4us

Mor4us pnw Well-Known Member

BLM and the SJWs need to get together and riot to make sure their voices are heard.. again..Like Rahm Emanuel says, "never let a good crisis go to waste."

9. Reno911

Fair enough. I understand you viewpoint. Many across the nation do as well. I just have a bit of sympathy for the guy that's all. Idiots been through a lot and can't catch a break.

10. etrain16

If he hadn't gotten out of the car and pursued him, I would have more sympathy. But that's just my different viewpoint. I do get your point to and certainly don't have an issue with that. Personally the obsession that Americans (and others) have with people in general is odd to me. I don't idolize people, I don't obsess over people and I certainly don't fantasize about meeting them, etc.

Kind of reminds me of this song from a number of years back:

NWGunner, Ura-Ki and AndyinEverson like this.
  11. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

You can find sympathy in the dictionary between... Well, you know the rest.

One incident, even if he did contribute to it, would have been a mistake and he would garner some sympathy. But every time we turn around, this guy seems to be back in the news for the wrong reasons. So he lost my sympathy, somewhere between...

Wolf256, Ura-Ki, IheartSig and 3 others like this.
  12. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Dang I wanted to bid on it.

v0lcom13sn0w, Joe13 and etrain16 like this.
  13. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'll sell you mine for $3,000.00 and it's got a laser. :p:p:p

14. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

15. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

@etrain16 you know that Travon Martin's parents didn't know he was dead for 3 days?
    He was as upstanding a citizen as Michael Brown.
    An obumer POS. Had he just stopped and answered Zimmerman he would have gone to where ever he was going.
    But he had to be the bad a$$ and confront Zimmerman. Remember,Z man was just watching out for the kids that were breaking into houses and such.
    Wouldn't you do the same? Neighborhood watch and all ?
    This was a bad deal all the way around and could have had different out comes on all different levels.
    As far as the sale? I think it's kinda sick. But isn't Zman able to sell the gun within his rights?

16. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Love the "update" on the LATimes article.

And was this 'slain teen' a thug too who was in error when killed....?

Caveman Jim and mjbskwim like this.
  17. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I feel like you on this. And he may get some ugly pay back. For years to come.

I think Zimmerman is a fool for selling this gun.
    But maybe not for the reasons you all think.

Consider this.

A gun is made famous if it kills our wounds a person of notoriety. Or if it was owned by a famous person.
    The more positive or evil a light that person is seen in. The more sought after there guns.

Hitler's Walther Model 9 .25 auto sold for $18,400.
    And it shot nobody.

Zimmerman would be better served destroying this gun. Rather than let it someday find it's way into a museum. And forever tell a version. Or part of his story.

No matter how you feel about Zimmerman's actions today. He will forever be judged buy those looking at this gun. And reading the four lines of explanation, pinned to the wall beside it.

History will not be kind to Zimmerman. When years take away the context of the story we have today.

Ura-Ki and IheartSig like this.
  18. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Zimmerman would never have been on trial if the feds. had stayed out of it.

19. etrain16

Martin was no angel, and he certainly has a share in the blame. But a CC license doesn't make you a cop. There was no reason for Zimmerman to leave the car and follow him or approach him. The kid had not done anything at that point that warranted those actions. He should have followed the directions of the police on the phone and just let them know what he was doing.

Two people made bad choices and one ended up dead. And combine that with Obama in office, looking to gain political clout by going after Zimmerman, it turned out to be a giant cluster fudge.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    BlackRyder, soberups, Mikej and 3 others like this.
  20. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

He says he's donating the money to fight Hillary's anti gun BS and giving the some to fight BLM against police. Maybe the guy aint all that bad.

Caveman Jim, aksu747 and slimer13 like this.