JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea of making money from the action of shooting someone is abhorrent to me.
Selling the pistol on line to the highest bidder , strikes me as a another way to make money off of the shooting itself.
I would not be comfortable doing that.

The idea that people would want to buy this pistol is troublesome to me as well.
It is almost like voyeurism in a way.
I do not like how some people assign a "value" to a item that has a history of violence or being used in the taking of someone's life.
The taking of someone's life is perhaps the most intimate action you can do to another.
By taking away their life , you are taking everything they every had or will have.
Money , profit or a value should not play a part in this.
Andy

I'm not commenting on what I think of the story or anything related too it. I wasn't there and I don't know who is lying anymore.

I only posted this because I thought it was a joke that the guy wanted to started the bidding at such a high price for such a low end gun.

I'm not commenting on what I think of the story or anything related too it. I wasn't there and I don't know who is lying anymore.

I only posted this because I thought it was a joke that the guy wanted to started the bidding at such a high price for such a low end gun.

See what you started Joe! :p :D

Asking this bunch to stay on topic or even on a single topic is a lost cause :rolleyes:

Debate away;). This is just one subject that I personally do not want to jump in on one way or the other as I have conflicting opinions and no facts to back those thoughts up.

That's the thing about opinions - facts are not necessary, just your personal POV. Now, if you want to state something as fact, then yes, facts are important.

Anyway, I've said my part on this one, so I'm done debating it here. On to other things :s0004:

well its kinda hard to talk about the outrageousness of auctioning his gun without considering the the event.

if anyone wants to really know the truth about the case from a person who was close to the trial, read the book Deadly Force by Massad Ayoob.

my opinion.... I dont think Zimmerman makes the best of choices in his life but he didnt do anything that night anyone here wouldnt do if their neighborhood was having isses with crime. He even tried to deescalate the situation by backing off. Another fact in the case is his neighborhood watch even worked with the police who even sugessted Zimmerman get his CHL...

If Martin had been white, we would have never heard about this.

He says he's donating the money to fight Hillary's anti gun BS and giving the some to fight BLM against police. Maybe the guy aint all that bad.

Wrong, he said nothing about "donating" to anything. The actual text:

"I am proud to announce that a portion of the proceeds will be used to: fight BLM violence against Law Enforcement officers, ensure the demise of Angela Correy's persecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric."

I suspect that the funds will be "donated" to George Zimmerman himself for whatever he wants to use it for.

I have no issue with him selling the gun. He is basically unemployable for the rest of his life, and probably has some pretty significant financial liabilities.

As to his actions on the night at issue, I think he could have avoided any confrontation by staying in his vehicle and "not getting involved". Whether "not getting involved" is right or wrong is open to debate.

Google "Kitty Genovese" if you don't know who that is, and see a natural result of "not getting involved".

No, Zimmerman was not trying to stop a murder, but I think he was doing his best to be a responsible upstanding citizen. His "best" was certainly flawed, but I don't fault him for it. I don't know if any of you have lived in crime stricken neighborhoods, but after living in Chicago for 20+ years, I can relate.

Based on his behavior after the incident (and domestic violence accusations against him from even before the incident) he isn't a very upstanding citizen. I think his decision to be on Neighborhood Watch arose from some kind of ego issue.

Based on his behavior after the incident (and domestic violence accusations against him from even before the incident) he isn't a very upstanding citizen. I think his decision to be on Neighborhood Watch arose from some kind of ego issue.

You could be right on all points. Nonetheless, if he owns something that people are willing to pay a lot of money for, why shouldn't he sell it? I don't see a moral component to this.

I guess it's a matter of time, taste, how many they killed and which side of the law. Whatever someone thinks of him, he was found innocent, they gave him his gun back, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Whether he sells it himself or donates it/turns it in/chops it up and sells the pieces/throws it in a fire/etc...nothing that has happened will change.
Would I buy it? nope, not even if I had that kind of money to throw around. Someone will...and 30 years from now they'll either make a huge profit or loose money. Just like the guys that "invest" in things like James Dean's "death car", Hitler's mustache brush, or Lizzie Borden's axe. Preserving historical items isn't only buying JFK's naval cap and Queen Victoria's corset.

120930-guns-hmed-5p.660;660;7;70;0.jpg
RR Auction / Reuters
Two pistols, shown in this RR Auction photograph, found on the bodies of famed Depression-era outlaws Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow after they were killed by a posse in 1934 have sold at auction for a total of $504,000 at an auction in Nashua, New Hampshire in 2012.

Added an edit fo
r our Nitpicker pals;
Our criminal justice system is based upon the premise of innocent until proven guilty...ie; if not proven guilty you're innocent...
Burden of proof is placed upon the prosecution to find
"innocent beyond a reasonable doubt" not "guilty just in case" , that's why a verdict of not guilty equals innocence in the eyes of the court. One's innocence conferred by a not guilty finding of the charges brought and adjudicated, is considered so binding as to Constitutionaly treat the "found not guilty" defendant as innocent of the charges to the degree of never again being tried for that same crime (double jeopardy) in a criminal court proceding.
In this case nobody, even the defendant, ever argued that he didn't kill someone. However, the dendant was able to prove to the satisfaction of the court that it was self defense and not murder. Self defense is not a crime and he in being found not guilty of the murder charge can be considered "innocent".

anyhoo... that's why I used "Innocent" instead of "not guilty".
Feel free to mentally use whichever term pops your tarts....
...The actual topic,
doesn't revolve around his did-it-ness or not-guilty-tude.

Last Edited:
If one of you had survived a righteous shoot and actually got your gun back, would you take it... after all "it" killed someone.

There's a lot of vintage military firearms in private hands and the odds are that most of them have killed someone. It's not the firearm that killed anybody, it's the projectile that left the barrel that did the deed. Unless of course the firearm was used as a last ditch effort to dispatch an adversary.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads