JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is great insight. I've intentionally avoided digging around these sites, even though I created a profile on GB. I knew if I opened that door I'd end up with 20 guns by the end of the month! I guess I'll just have to come to terms with it lol. Can't fight it, this post literally came right to me! I'm just glad my wife doesn't trip like some of the stories I hear from my local shops about marriages ending because of The obsession. I picture like an alcoholic hiding bottles around the house, you got them in cookie jars, behind the couch etc. Ha btw gunauction.com got hacked and everyone's identities were compromised. Again, I love this forum. Not many places were one can talk about manly man things!

My sole experience with online gun auction sites has been with Gunbroker. I've sold many there, and the past year or so, bought maybe ten. So I don't know anything about any of the other sites. Today, I decided to take a look at some of them. Right away, I can see that GB is the major player. I didn't like the other sites as to how they were set up, nor as to starting prices noted which didn't seem competitive. I'm used to seeing crappy websites. But what kind of gun auction website has search options that aren't properly organized?? One I looked at, you could search by caliber / cartridge. But they weren't in any order! How basic is that? So I guess Gunbroker it is. You don't know until you check around.

One thing I noticed about sellers on one site was, they don't take credit cards. Nothing to do with fees, they just only take money orders. I think of using a CC as a form of insurance against getting screwed in an on-line, at a distance transaction. Especially for established sellers. Maybe okay for occasional, non-professional sellers.

One site I looked at was called, Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. Which may not be an auction site, but somehow I stumbled across it anyway. They had many used Glocks for sale, and of those, they seemed to be mostly police trade-ins. They had many different models, but the one that stood out in its absence (as a common model) was the G19. Why wouldn't there be any of these as trade-ins? This isn't a loaded question, but this lack of G19's makes me think they are a popular gun that doesn't get traded very often. Or maybe police don't use them?
Don't know anything about auctions but I can say that sportsman's outdoor superstore is reliable for their regular guns. Have never used their auction and didn't know it existed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top