JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Adrian Kellgren, director of industrial production of KelTec, holds a 9mm SUB2000 rifle, similar to ones being shipped to Ukraine, at their manufacturing facility on Thursday, March 17, 2022, in Cocoa, Fla. Kellgren's family-owned gun company was left holding a $200,000 shipment of semi-automatic rifles after a longtime customer in Odessa suddenly went silent during Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Fearing the worst, the company decided to put those stranded 400 guns to good use, sending them to Ukraine's nascent resistance movement.

Let me translate that for you:

KelTec, after shipping 200k (retail value) worth of goods to Ukraine customer, fails to secure payment from said customer. They chose to "donate" the rifles instead of paying to try to get them back, thus taking a small loss in trade for excellent PR.

They're going to file this cost under: Marketing.

Interesting, sounds like they made a good deed out of a bad deal.

Not an ideal weapon in a war, but if assigned or given out to citizens, it's better than nothing.

I won't lie, the S2K makes a great backpack/vehicle gun. If I had one of these fleeing my war torn country I'd feel a lot better with it over not having anything.

Good job, KT.

Get something into the hands of every Ukrainian citizen who chooses to resist.
Better than the single-shot Liberator .45ACP's built by General Motors and air-dropped by the OSS in WWII.

Atleast the Russians will end up with less than what we gave the Taliban….. hopefully.

The real truth is that Kel-Tec gave the Ukrainians the Sub-2000 in response to Hi-Point giving the Russians the Model 995.

Remember that episode of Star Trek where the Romulans gave the village people flintlock rifles? It's like that, but stupider.

There's probably an email about it on Hunter's laptop.

I don't think there is anything wrong at all that a lightweight, low recoil, easily pack-able firearm is being sent to citizens, of which many are women and/or elderly on the run that may or may not have ever shot a firearm but want to defend what is theirs. It's no AK, but it beats tossing Molotov cocktails at tanks from a burning building. I just hope they all pass their bgc's.

The sub 2k may not be a great battle rifle, but when you shift your thinking from the frontlines to a resistance it starts to make sense. Something light, foldable, easy to hide, that can quickly be deployed and if used properly the sub 2k owner should be able to upgrade to an AK platform in no time.

The sub 2k may not be a great battle rifle, but when you shift your thinking from the frontlines to a resistance it starts to make sense. Something light, foldable, easy to hide, that can quickly be deployed and if used properly the sub 2k owner should be able to upgrade to an AK platform in no time.
THIS!🔝🔝
Long before the net I read a great article in one of the shooting rags about this. Guy was showing how to "prep" on the cheap for a situation like over there. He had bought some OLD but serviceable bolt rifle from a big chain store. Kind you used to see with Sunday ads for stuff like this they were almost giving away. He cleaned it up and said the idea would be he could use that rifle to take a better one off an enemy if need be. If they get into house to house, street fighting over there as I hear they may. An S2K can easily be used to ambush people with an AK and take the AK off their hands when they no longer need it. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top