JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Alaska, it was a 4" Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag, loaded with 340 grain +P+ Buffalo Bore.

If it's a pistol somewhere else, it's probably a stainless S&W 1911 loaded with 230 grain ball.

But usually it's a rifle, and then it depends on what I'm feeling like.
1894 Marlin with good .357 ammo.
1895 Marlin with hard cast .45-70 loads. I had a great 336 Marlin that I built, but in a moment of business desperation, I let a customer talk me out of it. I'll be chasing that gun again forever.

But there's also the milsurp collection that likes to go out, there's the sporter milsurp or two I still have.
The 03a3 with the 19" barrel or the various mausers.

So many choices. Oh, then there's the .30-30 Savage 99 I'm rebuilding...

Too many choices.

It wood be kind of fun to walk and gawk with the Ruger PCC but it's kind of heavy.
Maybe the funness of it would require the Charger? Not enough stopping power? I could sling over my back one of the Ruger Ranch variants, maybe some .300BO or the 5.56. Those are rather lightweight. A little much for invading squirrel hordes.

I find myself carrying my 22/45 the most in the woods. I have had a few squirrels play Darwin on my hikes. Never really felt too worried to need anything bigger yet. If anything I usually have the 22/45 or the G19 on my body.

If I'm squirrel hunting, I'll have the 17 sling on my shoulder or out and ready.

Glock G20
At 50 feet it makes holes like this... 20190502_141410.jpg
Good enough to hit the boiler room of whatever might need whackin' I reckon.

Been carrying a Glock 20-C for about 10 years, built this rifle for cat hunting .44 mag T/C encore 18" barrel aimpoint sight, It's light weight points fast and shoots a 240 gr bullet at around 1750 fps.
K7gaUTQ.jpg

Last Edited:
Lol let me set the record straight.
The chance of me getting up and driving to some trail head.
To go climb or hike up a trail with a bunch of GRANOLA EATING LIBRAL TREE HUGGING JAY INSLEEE SUPPORTING.
CLOWNS.
is slim to none .
I garantee I will win the lottery first.

Trailing ain't hiking. o_O
Welcome to the PACIFIC NORTH WEST.
drive your SUBARU to a parking lot at the bottom of a hill .
Walk up chewing on granola talking to a bunch of others . turn around and come back down.
LOL WELL IF YOU DON'T GET LOST.
then the state will send out 1000 people and helos .to find you.50 feet off the trail .
And not charge you but tax every one else in the state to pay for your rescue.
Lol they should make them write a check for 50.0000 dollars before they go out.
And if they get lost in the woods .
They can send a response team after the check clears.
Pack food for a few days.
My friend

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads