JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should clarify further, whatever long gun is in my hands at the time, is loaded. The other mags are in my pack.
I tried to have the girlfriend pack the mini with a 40rd mag in it the whole time on a 14 mile hike, she didnt make it very far....ended up back on my pack with my M1A in my arms the whole hike.....

I should clarify further, whatever long gun is in my hands at the time, is loaded. The other mags are in my pack.
I tried to have the girlfriend pack the mini with a 40rd mag in it the whole time on a 14 mile hike, she didnt make it very far....ended up back on my pack with my M1A in my arms the whole hike.....

Good workout!

S&W 69 44 Mag.
dirty 44.jpg

My usual woods rifle be it hunting or hiking is my .54 Hawken Rifle Copy...
I carry often enough to feel naked if I don't have it in my hand when out and about...and trust me , no one wants to see a naked Andy...:eek::D
Andy

Generally a single six with the first two rounds loaded with snake shot. Already killed one rattler this spring on the property.

The next 4 rounds are cci mini mags; good enough to piss off a two legged critter before I run ;)

Generally and depending on the time of year or what I'm doing I rotate my woods guns. Always the glock with a mag of 200gr gold dots and a mag of underwoods. Then for long guns its either a marlin 1894 .44mag, a Howa 1500 .223, a 10/22, or an Ar of some flavor.

I live in the woods. They're all woods guns. :s0078:

Ditto. We live on forested acreage.

I don't have the time to hunt any more, though hope too some time. However, when working in the forest, I've been finding myself carrying along one of the lighter lever-actions. One of these three amigos:

amigos.jpg
(Winchester 94 in .30/30, Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum, suppressed Marlin 1894 CST in .357 Magnum)

Or the (duly registered) 12-gauge Lupara:

521083-6e4f9e19fd4145f61bb89905b4beb31b.jpg

If one means handguns, it depends. On my property, a full-sized revolver (Model 29) in .44 Magnum. Hiking elsewhere, a concealed snubbie in .357 Magnum (Taurus 605) loaded with .38 Special +P.

Growing up and riding horses 20+ miles a day in the woods for most of my youth in Idaho, I usually just had a Ruger Single-Six on my hip loaded with CCI Stingers with another 30 or so in my pocket. And a Buck Folding Hunter on my belt. Never needed anything more.

This is me 30+ years ago and you can see that Ruger on my hip...

scannedpics.JPG

Couple of years ago on a Mounted Posse trail ride and I'm rocking the Glock G29 in a Bianchi military holster...

10400804_10152340461424217_8399356268192230524_n.jpg

Growing up and riding horses 20+ miles a day in the woods for most of my youth in Idaho, I usually just had a Ruger Single-Six on my hip loaded with CCI Stingers with another 30 or so in my pocket. And a Buck Folding Hunter on my belt. Never needed anything more.

This is me 30+ years ago and you can see that Ruger on my hip...

View attachment 575606

Couple of years ago on a Mounted Posse trail ride and I'm rocking the Glock G29 in a Bianchi military holster...

View attachment 575603

I don't always like what you say, but a man on his horse with a sidearm? Yeah, gotta like it! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top