JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a good 22lr revolver or pistol, light, accurate and reduces boredom. 10/22 if I'm feeling ambitious. Usually a Ruger MK series or lately the M&P Compact 22, both are reliable and accurate. Anything heavier feels like a chore, maybe too many years of lugging around GI hardware has made me lazy?

My new rpp cloverleaf sight for my henry ...so far they are great quality ...no imperfections at first look.and look amazing on the rifle, like it should be stock..can't wait to get it to the range.. target visibility is at least 45 o 50 percent more the the stock buckhorn sight. Everything just seems to line up as soon at you look down the sights ...would recommend to anyone...

2019-06-29 16.02.08.jpg 2019-06-29 15.11.37.jpg 2019-06-29 15.06.52.jpg

I have large meaty hands with short fingers. There's not a double stack Glock that could ever fit me. The Sig 220 Elite doesn't fit me. The 1911 fits perfectly.

I just bought a 226 with the E2 grip, and although it's better, it's still not quite right. My hand still needs to crawl around enough to get my finger on the trigger properly.

Colt Delta Elite in stainless.......10mm

Woods guns? Hmmmm. I carry my trusty old 30-30 and my trusty old 1911. That combo has delivered lots of wild game to my dinner table. Haven't found anything to replace either one. Not that I have stopped looking or anything stupid like that. A man's gotta have a dream.

Just a good 22lr revolver or pistol, light, accurate and reduces boredom. 10/22 if I'm feeling ambitious. Usually a Ruger MK series or lately the M&P Compact 22, both are reliable and accurate. Anything heavier feels like a chore, maybe too many years of lugging around GI hardware has made me lazy?

Yeah, I have a S&W Model 43 Airweight Kit Gun but it is getting to be a collector's item so I am thinking of giving that to my daughter (who is unlikely to use it much) so it won't get banged up and get myself a Ruger LCRX with 3" barrel in .22 LR instead - just as light and if it gets banged up in the woods I won't cry over it.

Yeah, I have a S&W Model 43 Airweight Kit Gun but it is getting to be a collector's item so I am thinking of giving that to my daughter (who is unlikely to use it much) so it won't get banged up and get myself a Ruger LCRX with 3" barrel in .22 LR instead - just as light and if it gets banged up in the woods I won't cry over it.
I've got an LCRX three inch in 22lr and I have to say it's been a frustrating little revolver, it went back to Ruger not long after I got it for light primer strikes, they ended up replacing all of the internals and that's after trying to fire just a couple cylinder fulls. Now the front sight is loose and I haven't shot anything through it. So for now it's sitting until I have the patience to fix it again. I love the idea of it and I'm sure mine is just a one off lemon but for now I still have a 34-2 that works great and the M&P compact fills the role as a lightweight 22lr.

Gosh - so many choices, what are we carrying this "woods gun" for, two legged vermin, 4 legged vermin, both?

Am I out around a lot of neon REI hiking people? Or am I off the beaten path where encountering someone isn't likely?

The AK pistol in 7.62x39 with the SBA3 brace seems appealing, but if I'm trying to have a low profile I suppose it would be the G40 in a hillpeople gear chest rig.

Revolvers are antiquated technology ;)

No I could not bear sealing from some east block countries military reserve. That means they would have to use even older slingshots.

On second thought they are commies, and I am a sworn commie killer, ….. Yeah that might work.
Not from East block, from Egypt before the soviets came in. Basically a scaled up Ag m/42 (Swedish semiauto, 6.5x55mm, the hakim is 8mm).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top