JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you try representing yourself as a decent person when all the kids in the playground with a voice are calling you names!

I have a pretty effective strategy for dealing with name calling. It goes like this:
1. Be aware that my actions have consequences.
2. Don't do anything unless I'm prepared to deal with the consequences.
3. If somebody takes issue with the decisions I make, I say, "I'm sorry you feel that way."

Where LaPierre and the boys could learn from this is simple:
- Gun guys are constantly having to point out that the other side is making emotional arguments, and blaming guns for the crimes of the wielder.
- Knowing the above, they should know not to blame any other entity without investigation. Woops.

Example:
Blaming violent video games.

Why is this a problem?

1. WHAT are we blaming violent video games for? Violent crime is trending down, and has been for a decade plus. What is there to blame violent video games for?

2. Call of Duty is among the most popular and violent video games on the market. The first CoD title launched in 2002, and the game has become a runaway train. During the period of time between the first CoD launch and today, games have only pushed the envelope with regard to graphic violence. If we look at the trends in violent crimes in that span of time, we see... ? Yeah. Decrease.

When confronted with people blaming guns, LaPierre and the gang start pointing fingers elsewhere. Instead, they should be saying, "Crime is DOWN. What are we really talking about, here?" The natural follow up from the other side is "we're talking about mass shootings". Once that line is drawn, we're able to say, "OK. So... we're blaming violent video games and firearms, owned by tens of millions of US citizens, for the actions of these few individuals?" It's an easy road to the conclusion that the amount of evil in the world will never be zero.

No NRA sticker, but I do sport this one.

peace_through_superior_firepower_sticker-r276c639fc7014848b1ca6a5e614503eb_v9waf_8byvr_216.jpg

Nope. I like my Expedition too much. I already worry too much about parking it in town and getting keyed by a hippy s#itbag. I live in Eugene...

You will probably be OK. If you aren't sure, use one to cover up that unsightly round Obama thing (they are just the right size and shape) on your neighbor's Prius or Leaf. If the car survives a couple of weeks you are good to go. Peace out!

i have a GoA sticker as well as an oath keepers sticker on the bumper of my vehicle, and i live in an apartment complex. ALL of my neighbors know i carry. hell, some of them, including the apartment management have seen me OC a few times. nothing was ever said. the only thing that occurred were a few nods with smiles.

a lot of places are selling them now- I got mine on eBay as a vinyl window decal so it's higher quality than a bumper sticker- doesn't have the extra white rectangle

Yup...

"I'm the NRA and I vote"
"NRA Life Member"

Be proud not afraid

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

One of the best weapons in your arsenal is the one your adversary does not know about. Just like racking a round in a shotgun to make a point and warning shots, maybe for someone else. It does not fit into my tactics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top