JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dead serious - one hybrid and one Subaru. Yup, we are the Portland stereotype with our cars. (2004 Prius bought as soon as that (vastly better than the original model) model came out; plus inherited Subaru - we had owned a Ford Explorer and a Hyundai micro-car before inheriting the Subaru. But the Subaru was a "good enough" SUV and still efficient enough as a second car that it replaced both.)

That is freaking hilarious! Bamcis, you and I look really smart for once!

Dude that's messed up, you are comparing the NRA sticker to troop support ?
No.

I don't brag about my service an don't talk about it here, cause I could care less what people think about me and my PTSD do just fine without people supporting me personally.:cool:.
Well, okay... but your actions are at odds with that statement. Not that it matters to me.

You're reading it backwards. Most people do.

Ok, I saw that post where the filmmakers posed as an anti gun group who went to the homes of newspaper editors to see if they would put a "gun free zone" sign on their front lawn. Guess what, no one did.

So it got me to thinking as I looked at my NRA stickers sitting next to my computer for the past three months. Would I put them on my vehicle? So far no. Am I as bad as those news paper editors? Here are my excuses.

1. I don't want to get robbed
2. I don't want my ex wife to see them and use it as an excuse to mess with my children's custody agreement
3. I don't want my neighbors to know. For most of them, guns are like abortion or religion or obama. If your not with us, ....
4. I don't want to get hassled by the man. I do travel, an worry about getting pulled over in Wa., Or., and Ca. for the sticker and a non-standard lane change.

Every time I drive across the Idaho border, I joke about breathing in the that fresh, red state air of freedom. Guess what, it doesn't sound like much of a joke now. If it wasn't for my kids, I really would consider heading more to the east. The crazy part is, that most of my family (from south Carolina) actually consider me to be pretty liberal.

I'd be curious on what your thoughts are.

The Police do not care if you have an NRA sticker - you would probably not get pulled over because of that sticker.. Frankly I would be glad my neighbors know - they know not to screw with me..

Dissing someone because they like to make a simple statement on their vehicle is just plain Jr. High thought process. Even if I don't like the message, its their 1A right. And hey, if my sticker is enough to stop you from talking to me then thats probably a good thing. I don't want to waste my time talking to someone who gets butt hurt so easily anyway.
I typically fly an NRA sticker. I'm not concerned about offending the metrosexuals in PDX.
Recently picked up a new (to me) truck. I suppose the full size quad cab Dodge on oversize tires is probably going to offend more in that city than the little sticker anyway.
I have no problem with the 'red neck/nascar' stigma. In face, it's preferable to plenty other labels anyway.

I carried an NRA sticker on my car in the SF Bay area. Other than parking lot stickers it is the only item I've ever put on my cars. (Well, there WAS that gaudy paint job when our school went to the Jr. Rosebowl. Took rubbing compound to remove and I never tried that again.)

I did eventually remove it as we were away from the house too much and a thief shopping around might notice that there was ample time to do some tool work.

Right now we are in a neighborhood where I would prefer the firearms are a surprise when needed.

The only time I actually had comment was from a knee jerk "liberal" acquaintance who remarked on it. I was not in a mood to listen to her stuff so I replied, "Yep, and I'm behind in my quota of dead children." Conversation quickly changed.

No, the CA cops where I've lived don't bother with it. Several in the Bay area frequented action pistol practice at our local ranges.

No stickers of any sort on my vehicles. Let them guess. No reason to let them know who's dangerous before it's necessary.
Apparently a pickup truck is some kind of Redneck code anyway. So a black and silver (Redneck code for the SS don'cha know) 10 cyl 4WD (code for the finger to the eco-Nazis) F-250 (code for all that and more) shouldn't require any more to show my contempt for those clowns. Ha Ha!! Eat my my shorts Lefties. I don't need to make any more plain what I think of you. There is nothing like looking down into a Hippie Wagon from 6 1/2 ft up.
Oh, and this beautiful truck's pet name is Scharnhorst - not because I admire the Nazis but because it's like manouevering a battlecruiser around the Marina in a parking lot

I do not think NRA stickers help.

People who own guns already know that going to NRA-ILA and donating at least $25 is a very necessary and honorable act to support the firearms culture. (Oh, and if you never did that - it is one click away, <broken link removed> - thanks!).

For non-gun people a reminder of that vilified organization that protects something they feel no connection to is just annoying. Instead of NRA stickers I would put a sticker of a local firing range, training agency, gun store, whatever, so people can get interested in this new hobby.

I love the NRA for what they do.
I hate bumper stickers and tatoos.
It's a serious identity issue we people have.
I'm sure many will get all bothered by my thoughts.
That's fine.

I dropped my NRA membership thirty or so years ago and just renewed it last year, I had been and somewhat still am unhappy with them, but I did decide they are the biggest effective pro-gun organization so I will support them with money. I don't like stickers all that much.

I haven't been willing to financially support the NRA in years - LaPierre is just too much of a conspiracy theorist for my taste.

But I did just find out about the NRA Life of Duty program - so I signed up for that. They can have me as a number for their statistics on how many people support gun rights, but they won't get my money. (Plus it gets you a 30% discount at the great Oregon company Benchmade.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top