JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I saw that post where the filmmakers posed as an anti gun group who went to the homes of newspaper editors to see if they would put a "gun free zone" sign on their front lawn. Guess what, no one did.

So it got me to thinking as I looked at my NRA stickers sitting next to my computer for the past three months. Would I put them on my vehicle? So far no. Am I as bad as those news paper editors? Here are my excuses.

1. I don't want to get robbed
2. I don't want my ex wife to see them and use it as an excuse to mess with my children's custody agreement
3. I don't want my neighbors to know. For most of them, guns are like abortion or religion or obama. If your not with us, ....
4. I don't want to get hassled by the man. I do travel, an worry about getting pulled over in Wa., Or., and Ca. for the sticker and a non-standard lane change.

Every time I drive across the Idaho border, I joke about breathing in the that fresh, red state air of freedom. Guess what, it doesn't sound like much of a joke now. If it wasn't for my kids, I really would consider heading more to the east. The crazy part is, that most of my family (from south Carolina) actually consider me to be pretty liberal.

I'd be curious on what your thoughts are.

Little too redneck for me...

You consider an NRA sticker "redneck"? When we become afraid to express our views, because of a risk whether it is real or imagined, we have lost!

I have my NRA sticker on my truck along witha yellow ribbon "Support the Troops" and another magnet ribbon "Rangers Lead the WAY".
Either we stand up or we can lay down. It's a choice.....

on my jeep and bike

and for the excuses above I bet you don't like being seen with some type of women but will enjoy what they have to offer (not necessarily now but in the past)

No offense to where you guys live, but you don't have dirty angry hippies that like to key cars with stuff like that...
You don't know where I live or where I travel. While my location is Issaquah, which is a mix of Lib and Conservative. I travel frequently to Seattle, a "hateful" bastion of Liberal loosers (in my opinion) as my older Son lives there and I like to visit my granddaughter. It's not Capitol Hill I admit, but it is close to the University of WA. It may cost me, but I just can't bring myself to hiding. The neighborhood I live in is rural. Most are pretty lost in liberal thinking. During our disaster drills they do offer that if a crisis happens, they'll bring the food (I have plenty of my own) if I arm them and teach them to shoot.

Hey mtnboy, I wouldn't sweat it. My take on your concerns below:

Putting NRA stickers on your car is like announcing to the world that you house is NOT a gun free zone. Crooks will kindly visit the Ginny Burdick voter next door where they won't get hurt. I wouldn't worry about it, hell I'd put a sign in my front yard. See #3...

2. I don't want my ex wife to see them and use it as an excuse to mess with my children's custody agreement
It won't fly legally, especially since you are responsible use a safe and gun locks. You DO, don't you? . The NRA sticker helps to proclaim that you still have your man card. Having your man card also means that her friends will think you are hot, especially compared to their tofu eating vegan metrosexual boyfriends and husbands. Sleeping with her friends (the female ones) is excellent revenge, especially her sister or mom.

3. I don't want my neighbors to know. For most of them, guns are like abortion or religion or obama. If your not with us, ....
Worst case scenario is that they will start to return all the tools and other crap they borrowed and, uh, forgot about. Screw them. Why in the world would you want to talk to a bunch of brain dead proggies anyway? If it were me I'd get a flag pole tall enough to violate local codes and fly an oversize flag just to piss them off and get in the local news. You also might find out that a few are closet conservatives who might want to go shooting.

4. I don't want to get hassled by the man. I do travel, an worry about getting pulled over in Wa., Or., and Ca. for the sticker and a non-standard lane change.
Only politically driven police chiefs and mayors are anti-gun, anti-NRA. The average office is more likely to pull you over to talk guns than hassle you. Case in point: Many years ago after I'd just bought my first Class 3, I took it over to a friend's house to show it off. My friend had his own 25 yard shooting range in a semi rural setting. After we had shot a few rounds I couldn't resist a shot about 10 rounds full auto. Not my best judgement as his neighbor freaked out and called the cops. The cop showed up and examined my paperwork. Not only did he not hassle me, he took me up on my offer to shoot a couple of mags. He said not to worry that he wouldn't be back - at least until he was off shift and we had plenty of beers.

Last Edited:
I thought long and hard before putting a NRA sticker on my truck, alone with one from OFF and OHA. I put them on for two reason. The first one being that I am an opinionated blowhard who feels the need to express my political and religious views to anyone who will listen, especially to those who disagree with me.
But more importantly I feel that by being a visible, responsible gun owner I can set an example. A lot of the anti gun crowd views gun owners as militant redneck anti-government wackos who fantasize about shooting down the bad guys or battling foreign troops on our own soil (maybe that does describe me). It is my hope that when someone sees my truck with the NRA sticker stop at the cross walk for the old lady, they will view me as considerate gun owner. When I wear my OFF sweatshirt when I'm picking my child up from school I hope they will see a gun owner who is also a responsible and involved father. Perhaps when they see that I'm an NRA member when my truck parked at church and my kids hopping out I'm hoping they will see me as a gun owner who is trying to raise his children right and has pretty good morals and not just someone who clings to guns and religion out of fear. Hope I don't sound like I'm trying to be be self righteous when I say these things as I'm by no means a perfect person.
As far as being a target for theives, I am not too worried. I don't leave a gun in my vehicle unattended. If someone breaks into my home they will either have to figure out to get into the safe or be able to run at least 1500 feet per second

Hey mtnboy, I wouldn't sweat it. My take on your concerns below:

Putting NRA stickers on your car is like announcing to the world that you house is NOT a gun free zone. Crooks will kindly visit the Ginny Burke voter next door where they won't get hurt. I wouldn't worry about it, hell I'd put a sign in my front yard. See #3...

It won't fly legally, especially since you are responsible use a safe and gun locks. You DO, don't you? . The NRA sticker helps to proclaim that you still have your man card. Having your man card also means that her friends will think you are hot, especially compared to their tofu eating vegan metrosexual boyfriends and husbands. Sleeping with her friends (the female ones) is excellent revenge, especially her sister or mom.

Worst case scenario is that they will start to return all the tools and other crap they borrowed and, uh, forgot about. Screw them. Why in the world would you want to talk to a bunch of brain dead proggies anyway? If it were me I'd get a flag pole tall enough to violate local codes and fly an oversize flag just to piss them off and get in the local news. You also might find out that a few are closet conservatives who might want to go shooting.

Only politically driven police chiefs and mayors are anti-gun, anti-NRA. The average office is more likely to pull you over to talk guns than hassle you. Case in point: Many years ago after I'd just bought my first Class 3, I took it over to a friend's house to show it off. My friend had his own 25 yard shooting range in a semi rural setting. After we had shot a few rounds I couldn't resist a shot about 10 rounds full auto. Not my best judgement as his neighbor freaked out and called the cops. The cop showed up and examined my paperwork. Not only did he not hassle me, he took me up on my offer to shoot a couple of mags. He said not to worry that he wouldn't be back - at least until he was off shift and we had plenty of beers.

your making it so hard on their excuses how dare you :s0155:

I put em on both the car and truck. I thought about it for a while as well before I slapped em on. Here's how I over thought it...When I come up on another vehicle that flys a NRA decal on it I smile to myself knowing the owner is one of us. When I see several vehicles a day flying NRA decals; I smile to myself knowing there are more like minded 2A supporters out there and that there are several around ME. I wondered if some anti would "key" my rig because it has a NRA decal on it. I also wondered if it would be broken into (to find nothing while taking the chance of being killed) and I figured that anyone that stupid would have had to have made some rare deal with their maker of choice and that my "nothing" was worth their fake immortality. I decided that my NRA decals are a supplement to the alarm systems. There should be a PSA that warns criminals to "walk around a vehicle and look for NRA decals before attempting to break in" and " walk around a vehicle and look for NRA decals before attepting to car-jack". I like other people knowing that "my rights will not be infringed" without having to ask me.

Back to the subject at hand.

Those seem like really lame excuses to NOT show support for the NRA. I've had an NRA sticker on my truck for about 20 years.

Just put a "Protected by GLOCK" sticker on the wife's Tahoe. She's gotten nothing but positive reactions from folks. And take a look where we live.

I'm not much of a sticker guy, but I don't see why not. I should have my new one in the mail very soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top