JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Around the 80s or so is when first noticed they sold out. Now way could Bush I put in the 1986 NFA, machine gun, assault weapons ban, just one law after another and they said nothing. Worthless organization.

I haven't been willing to financially support the NRA in years - LaPierre is just too much of a conspiracy theorist for my taste.

But I did just find out about the NRA Life of Duty program - so I signed up for that. They can have me as a number for their statistics on how many people support gun rights, but they won't get my money. (Plus it gets you a 30% discount at the great Oregon company Benchmade.)

What group will you not be supporting when the government determines you cannot have a knife?

I wish you would reconsider. The truth is that the NRA does a ton that benefits us as gun owners. Much of it unsung because it doesn't fit the media's agenda. There are a lot of great pro-gun rights groups out there (our very own OFF for one) but at the national level, the NRA is who gets s**t done. They are in the halls of Congress every day reminding them that we're here.

Ok, I saw that post where the filmmakers posed as an anti gun group who went to the homes of newspaper editors to see if they would put a "gun free zone" sign on their front lawn. Guess what, no one did.

So it got me to thinking as I looked at my NRA stickers sitting next to my computer for the past three months. Would I put them on my vehicle? So far no. Am I as bad as those news paper editors? Here are my excuses.

1. I don't want to get robbed
2. I don't want my ex wife to see them and use it as an excuse to mess with my children's custody agreement
3. I don't want my neighbors to know. For most of them, guns are like abortion or religion or obama. If your not with us, ....
4. I don't want to get hassled by the man. I do travel, an worry about getting pulled over in Wa., Or., and Ca. for the sticker and a non-standard lane change.

Every time I drive across the Idaho border, I joke about breathing in the that fresh, red state air of freedom. Guess what, it doesn't sound like much of a joke now. If it wasn't for my kids, I really would consider heading more to the east. The crazy part is, that most of my family (from south Carolina) actually consider me to be pretty liberal.

I'd be curious on what your thoughts are.

Those are all perfectly valid reasons!

I know the vid you are talking. I dont like putting stickers on my car... I do have an NRA hat that is in my back window, and it is perfectly visable. I have not had any problems.

Does anyone know a strong and prominent pro-gun organization in WA?
I know of two: Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and The Second Amendment Foundation. And both are, coincidentally, based right there where you live: Bellevue, WA. I am sure there are more.

And, on the original topic, yes, I do two NRA stickers on my car, and I don't care what other people think.

What group will you not be supporting when the government determines you cannot have a knife?

I wish you would reconsider. The truth is that the NRA does a ton that benefits us as gun owners. Much of it unsung because it doesn't fit the media's agenda. There are a lot of great pro-gun rights groups out there (our very own OFF for one) but at the national level, the NRA is who gets s**t done. They are in the halls of Congress every day reminding them that we're here.

The Second Amendment Foundation is my organization of choice - an actual no-compromise, get-things-actually-done organization.

Was it the NRA that fought for Heller? No.

Endowment member. I have the sticker on my truck. I don't necessarily agree with all the NRA's positions, but they are the best and most effective organization that supports gun rights. Hence, they get my money and I urge the brethern here to support them financially. Frankly, when the media and anti-gunners piss me off real bad, I send the NRA a check for $100..... makes me feel better.

I learned my lesson about bumper stickers and flowers, back in the 60's.

If you want to advertise anything on your vehicle, then expect others to retaliate.
They only want their beliefs displayed, not yours.
Many so called good people will take offense and gladly damage your vehicle because they believe it is their right to do so.
Your beliefs have no merit to these "GOOD" people.

Just sayin.

And, on the original topic, yes, I do two NRA stickers on my car, and I don't care what other people think.
I forgot to mention, with the two NRA stickers, I also have Oregon Firearms Academy and Oregon Sheriffs Assoc (honorary member) stickers, just in case the NRA stickers did not offend enough.

I don't care if my car is keyed. It's already kind of beat up and who knows, keying might improve its looks :p

Been gone a few days and surprised to see this still going. I am also an Endowment NRA member. No I don't agree with many things they do, but I understand their name recognition really upsets the Left and that's important to me. The few dollars it has cost me over the years is pennies to what I have spent on guns and ammo. Yes I would like them to spend more on advertising. Yes I would like them to find a younger more personable spokesmen then Wayne LaPierre. There's a lot of things in this world I would like, but I don't always get them and I have worked like hell to get and keep what I have. I put a sticker on my car because I refuse to have some Leftwing punk tell me how to live my life. I will not hide. No, I'm not a tough guy and only hope if the fight comes I will still stand up and not be remembered as just being full of hot air. Until that day I will just do my best and not kowtow to the Fascist Left ruining America.

I learned my lesson about bumper stickers and flowers, back in the 60's.

I went to college in a relatively small rural town. It had a small private engineering college with high military attendance (both ex-military on GI Bill and ROTC,) and a small private liberal arts college (REALLY liberal - as in "no dedicated classes, all free-form" and very much "arts".) It was *VERY* conservative town. (Home to a gun manufacturer, one of its few industries.) Both colleges tended to draw more out-of-state students than locals. The liberal arts college (obviously) tended to draw every stereotype of "granola, tree-hugging hippie," the engineering college tended more conservative. I went to the engineering college.

A classmate there was gay. Not flamboyantly so, not "flaunting" it, but he was open about it if asked. He had a rainbow sticker and a pink triangle on his car (from out of state.) One day I asked him if he worried about his car being targeted by the more conservative townsfolk.

His reply? "The only people around here who even know what they mean are the people who don't care!"

I would assume that is less true now - what with the Westboro Baptist Church and the like, plus Rev. Falwell and his anti-gay crusades, making those symbols more known to conservatives than they were at the time.

Getting a "town/run around" truck or van here soon. Yes,it'll have all the fixins. However.. I'm losing faith in the NRA butI'll definitely be rocking an OFF and NWFA stickers. My womans family owns a printing shop and I'm having a couple small prints of my favorite rifle platforms as well as my screen name, if any of you all seeme driving around feel free to say hi.

All the nature and lib folks can rock stickers telling me how much they hate soldiers, conservatives and how they support all of their causes, well we pro firearm folks can do the same, tastefully.

If anything i enjoy engaging in discussions and debates.. However I've had my tires slashed in the super zombie liberal parts of portland... But i don't hardly venture out there nor do i see myself visiting that part of town anytime soon. As for folks breaking in, i back into my driveway and i keep my firearm(s) with me or locked up if i absolutely cannot tote them around. (which isn't very often that i have to leave them in the car)

Pro firearm folks shouldn't have to be afraid of voicing their opinions or standing up for what they believe in. if you're that concerned about vehicle break ins, invest in a better alarm or don't be out of sight/ear shot. I also park right next to the store cameras.

I don't for two reasons.
1: same reason I don't put a gadsden flag or whatever I don't want people thinking I have a gun to steal. When I was a kid I didn't boom my car stereo system in my neighborhood. It's a open inventation.
2: I'm losing respect for the NRA and their monsterous amount of emails and mail I get trying to get more money. Sorry, but I'll give you more money when I see progress.
Or see you filing lawsuits daily to corrupt state and federal govts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top