JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't care for Glocks because they don't fit well in my hand.
I Had a G17 and G19 1st gen. neither pointed well for me, actually they pointed very poorly :( both were very reliable but I did not like the safety mechanism or lack there of, I have and enjoy other guns and to me the Glock does not co-exist well with them.

I wanted a 10mm full size and a 40sw sub compact carry pistol with the same feel and operation. A Model 20 and 27 filled the need. Luckily they fit my hand and shoot well. A few hundred rounds later lets just say they have grown on me.

Lemmie tell you about my Glock 19. I bought it used from an undercover cop at a gunshow, about 1989. He did not even give me a "sold-sticker", but when I explained to the door-keepers, they knew him and quickly let me out.

I hated the looks of Glocks. Nothing "inspiring" about plastic black guns. This one had a hard-chromed slide and barrel. A thing of beauty---I still SWOON to see it!

I hated the "grip-angle" of Glocks; it pointed wrong. This was back in the "Second Generation" days without finger-grooves, and allowed a Bianchi slip-on grip. Amazing! Suddenly it had the feel of a CZ75!

I had the white-outline adjustable sights. They were PERFECT; just plop the ball into the basket! Three inch groups at fifty feet were standard, offhand. I could not do better even from a rest. I had read about the accidental discharges and understood immediately---keep your finger OUT of the triggerguard when holstering!

I shot the snot out of it, all kinds of different loads. It would NOT fail unless I totally limp-wristed it, and even then only ONCE.

I carried it much, almost forgetting it was there snug in a good inside waist holster, in spite of my employers totally forbidding it. All of the old guys said, "better to be tried by twelve, than to be carried by six." I always practiced my draw when in an elevator---don't you?

Finally, I recently took my Glock 19 in when my local gunshop advertised a "free Glock tuneup". I will never know if they were looking for warranty issues or for stolen guns, but they replaced MOST springs and small parts---FOR FREE. If you see such an advertisement, they are NOT kidding. All that I had to suffer was a criticism for lubing it too much. Glocks are designed to run nearly DRY.

Dang, I forgot my original point! I think Glocks are GREAT! Just try one seriously, and trade it off if you don't like it.

Oh, yeah, the Glock is not my favorite carry handgun. If you BEG me I will tell you...................elsullo

the thing is, I own SEVERAL Glocks..

G35-006.jpg

P1030503.jpg

uspsag17.jpg

I have also shot several in competition...

I know how to shoot and maintain a glock, but to me they are not anything special. They have jammed on me just as many times as my 1911's have. Fact is, they are sitting in the back of the safe, and my 1911's are what I enjoy shooting.

I like them, they are decent, I just don't understand what all the hootin and hollerin's is all about. I'm not getting any of my "info" from third hand, from m y neighbor that's a cop, or the gun shop commando, I got them first hand. Same time, I have reloaded for them in 9mm and in .40. Have gone through a fair amount, and have not had a single issue or fear of a KB.

They are a good gun, but perfection... not to me.

I bought a Glock 27 as my first handgun for self defense, I have been training with a buddy who is an instructor for OSP, and the police academy in Monmouth.
I have had no problems with it, it has the tritium night sites and a Crimson trace recoil spring laser.
I plan to buy a couple of 11 round mags for practice, and I am looking for a good UC carry holster, don't know if shoulder, or what.
I like Glock

Because I don't like grape Kool-Aid.

Seriously though, I believe a Glock is in my future, but I still need to purchase all the guns I wanted when I was a kid.

Although I have a couple of Glocks (17 gen2, 20 gen3 and 21 gen3), I feel the same about other weapons.. Doesnt mean I dont want them !!!
:s0155::gun12:

No such a thing as too many GUNS!!
Gun control, i beleave in gun control, If there is a gun around I will be incontrol of it!!

Personally, there is no good reason for me not to have a Glock. I have a 19 with Trijicons and a CT laser for every day carry. I find it to point very well for me and it is a very user friendly gun.

In 7500 or so rounds, it has never malfunctioned. I didn't even clean it for the first 5000 rounds(many folks have gone double that amount) or so just to see if anything happened. Just kept shooting.

I love this gun as well as my dad's early G17. Started on Glocks in 1989 so I was "brainwashed" very early. :D

If it works for you, great! If not, find something that works. That's the best things about firearms. There is something for everyone!

I missed this thread back when it started... but it's a good one.

My G21 is a great carry-duty piece, very comfortable with rounded edges, no stuff sticking out to snag and catch on stuff. Like the Tritium night sights and hand-filling grip. Nice and (relatively) inexpensive, didn't need any tuning, really.

Great deal in performance and reliability for the price.

The 1911 is a bit more discreet for concealed carry, being a bit thinner- they both have a place in the toolbox.

Glocks are the gun that you either hate or you love, there is no in between. I happen to love them a bunch and like Joey said, whenever you pull the trigger they go bang.

Admittedly I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but this quite succinctly sums up my opinion that there is no apathetic middle on these. My first gun was a G22 and it wasn't the right gun for me. The Glock ergonomics and form-factor don't suit me as a shooter. Good guns, though. The people that love 'em that I know LOOOOOOVE them.

I actually like mine a lot, I don't think of it as the ultimate or anything, it's trigger is somewhat awful but it shoots really well anyway (haven't figured out why that is, you'd think with an awful trigger, you'd shoot badly but it shoots well!)

My S&W 638 revolver has a much better trigger in single-action, and I like the classic looks of the 1911 better, but as a somewhat disposable (as in not a big deal to replace or have in the property room for a year) and useful pistol, it's just about unbeatable at the price.

Truth is I came back to post the picture. :)

The only thing that I dislike about the Glocks are their weak ejector springs. My first pistol was a Glock 21 that I bought as soon as I was 21 back in 93. I had to get rid of that and my Beretta 84FP, Norinco AK-47, and Norinco SKS when I was transfered to Ft. Drum while I was in the Army. On my G21, my buddies G21 and the 40 s&w (G23?) almost every piece of brass seems to land on top of my head. I know that I use a relaxed grip and let the weapon "surprise" me when I'm firing so I don't flinch. But it's pretty comedial to my friends watching almost every piece of brass land on top of my head when I'm shooting a Glock.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top