JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just don't like the way they feel, not really attractive either but then they don't have to be.

I might buy one someday and give it an extended tryout to see if I change my mind.

I didn't even consider one ever, until a colleague offered me his G19 to shoot one day at the range.

I bought the G21 I own now that same afternoon. The next day I practiced one hour with it. The following weekend I qualified with the G21, beating my own 1911 score by 9 points.

Penguin, you probably own several of these homely things. :winkkiss:

I had bought a glock 19 and was thrilled to get one. After the 207th round through it that day the trigger spring gave up and it wouldn't fire! One week later in springfield my house was broken into and the damn thing was one of many things stolen. A higher power i felt was trying to tell me something, so between it and my ex-wife I felt I had gotten rid of the two problems that could have caused my demise. I might find it in my heart to get another glock. For now I go the way of the 1911.

Because they don't fit everyones hand. I knew how great they were, so went so far as to try and teach myself to like them. It never worked out for me. Still think they're great guns.

I'm fairly new to the firearm enthusiast world. But this thread has been a hoot to read. So many die hard fans of specific guns. It's like the guys with caliber egos. If you have a $2000 .45 and can't hit the broad side of a barn with it what good does it do you? I plan on trying out different guns until I find the one that I shoot with the best. Don't tell anyone but it might be a glock:s0112:bluelaugh:

I'm fairly new to the firearm enthusiast world. But this thread has been a hoot to read. So many die hard fans of specific guns. It's like the guys with caliber egos. If you have a $2000 .45 and can't hit the broad side of a barn with it what good does it do you? I plan on trying out different guns until I find the one that I shoot with the best. Don't tell anyone but it might be a glock:s0112:bluelaugh:

I think you've mistaken this from most other forums. Most of what I've read here has been relatively good natured with personal experience opinions. If you think this thread was overly critical, I'd strongly suggest staying away from the rest of the Internet.

Good luck on your gun search. Find the one that's right for you and enjoy it.

:s0155:

I just took a friend shooting who is new to guns.
He inherited a Ruger Mk II so we started with that and my Mk III and 22/45.
After giving him a few pointers he went from a 14" initial group at 7 yards to about 2 inches.

Next I let him shoot my Glock 19 and Glock 26. Big difference from the .22 so he had about a 12" group with the 19 and not really a group with the 26.
Then we rented a Springfield XD9 and a S&W M&P Compact 9mm.
The Springfield gave him about a 16" group and the S&W about a 9".

I gave him my Glock 19 again and he shot a 4" group.

We repeated this process several times and results were consistent.

He has decided to buy a Glock 19 as his first defensive caliber handgun.

I think you've mistaken this from most other forums. Most of what I've read here has been relatively good natured with personal experience opinions. If you think this thread was overly critical, I'd strongly suggest staying away from the rest of the Internet.

SonicBlue03, I know most of what's been written has been good natured jabs:s0084:. I mostly just wanted to point out that it's an entertaining thread. I will take your advice and stay away from most of the internet. I'm only really interested in the firearm portion of the web anyway. Is there other stuff on the web?:;)

This is why you choose whichever gun you shoot best. screw what other people say, if you can shoot a .50GI better than a .22LR you should carry the .50.

personally I shoot my XDM like a champ...but that isn't uncommon:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads