JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most people can’t handle Glock’s that’s why they don’t like them.
If you can’t do this or better at 50 feet off hand you do not deserve to own one. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

Most people can’t handle Glock’s that’s why they don’t like them.
If you can’t do this or better at 50 feet off hand you do not deserve to own one. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

That photo reminds me of last week when I was testing Blazer Brass for the first time in my G19 and it was too accurate for what I paid for it and there was a clay target at 112 yards (had the laser range finder with me) away in the quary. Well my buddy told me "If that sh**ty ammo is so accurate then hit that clay out there". I spewed bad words for 30 seconds after I nailed it raising the front sight for what I thought would be the drop at that range.

I think it was alot of luck, some accurate ammo and a spectacular gun that made it all possible.......

You should have seen the guy at the range shooting his Kimber 1911 while he watched smirking after making comments for an hour why I only kept my G19 holstered while I shot my fun guns. My wife wanted to shoot my G19, that she never even held and shot better than him. I never bashed his Kimber but I did ask him he wanted to ask my wife for some pointers on shooting better. He did not stay long after that, I guess girls with Glocks shouldn't shoot better than boys with Kimbers..

There is probably a woman who can shoot a nagant revolver better than a guy with his $2000 les baer, a handgun is only as accurate as the shooter.

I don't believe that any one gun is really that much more accurate as another, because no one can shoot as well as a pistol vise can; unless you are Ed McGivern.

I reload for all my guns. That eliminates the glock with its unsupported chamber.:s0131:

I put 20 pounds of viht powder through a G17L I used for pin matches. 6.9 grains of Viht N330 under a 130 grain fmj and a CCI 550 primer would clear a table as good as the guys shooting 45s......

Never had a Kb of any kind :winkkiss:

There is probably a woman who can shoot a nagant revolver better than a guy with his $2000 les baer, a handgun is only as accurate as the shooter.

I don't believe that any one gun is really that much more accurate as another, because no one can shoot as well as a pistol vise can; unless you are Ed McGivern.

Funny you mention a Nagant revolver because I got one and I love it! I carry it every time I go on a hike and it shoots pretty darn good for a $95.00 gun........

I have shot more than 10k rounds of reloads through one of my glock 17s. 9mm, especially if loaded in a conservative manner does not cause issues in a stock glock. If you are really worried you can buy aftermarket barrels for them. This is more advisable in the .40s especially.

Hummm, that pistol whipping thing, funny !!! Same uniform as our Sheriff's
Posse. Actually we can carry any duty gun 40 and up. Glocks and ammo
issued. Sometimes off duty or special assignment will switch to about
anything ya want. Yep, I have a 1911 A1 slightly modified and micro adj
sights. Shore hate to do booney duty with blued steel when the Glock
finish is hard to destroy. The more it's used, the more the 1911 stays
as a home protector. I'm sure they jam like any other, but the people
that I am around that do a lot of shooting, have no complaints. A
heads up to owners and it can also occur in 1911 reloads also. Repeated
chambering of rounds where bullets are not adequately crimped, will drive
the bullets deeper into the case with repeated chambering of the same
round. Result is increase of chamber pressures, some times dangerous.
For those who feel an unsupported chambers are a threat, new drop ins
can be had for a very reasonalible prices. They have cut rifling instead
of poly. That means either cast or jacketed bullets will work great.

The member from Northern Kaliforia. I'm wondering if you get to shoot
Glocks. Probably not as my hiddy Glock 27 will use a 9 round or any high
capacity 40 Glock including any duty magazine. The question of reloads
I honestly can't tell, as load for everything I own except .22 LR. Glocks
get 180 grain Gold Dots with 800X powder. Don't think I ever returned
anything firearms under warrenty. Could have done an old Ruger three
screw but decided to leave it as it was. Oops did hear of a recall for
firing pin replacement for Mod.100 Win. It was done but UPS broke my
cut checked walnut stock. They replaced it with a new nicely figured one
but post 64 basketweave instead of checkering.:D

I've had a G19 since 1993. It was my first handgun purchase. I'm sure it's had a failure, but I can't remember the last time. If the SHTF, I'd probably strap the G19 to my hip because I feel pretty confident with it.

That said, I probably shoot (and enjoy) my revolvers slightly better and would probably steer clear of .45/.40 Glocks because of kaboom stories. I can see the advantages of the XD platform and wouldn't mind trying one sometime. I'd love to get a 1911 because of the history behind it (if nothing else).

YMMV and all of that...

Sun95 If you listened to all the ka boom stories when many times a single
incident stirs stuff, most likely firearms would not be on your to do list. Rifles
with incorrect heat treatment. 1911s going off when chambering a round.
Underloaded ammo blowing a gun. Funny seems like only reloads are not
covered by warrenty. However the list of firearms manufacting may go
that direction to avoid some the shooter did dumb, law suit. Owners mainly
are disappointed the Glocks don't do well with cast bullets with their poly
rifling. One friend claims they do OK, but I have no confirmation of it.
I have shot many reasonably loaded rounds in a low number 1903 Spring.
and the new owner the same. Rebarreled several Eddystone 1917 and
never found or cracked a receiver. I'm sure you can find bad anything
mechanical and if it gets enough attention, it's an issue. I would think
more likely a continued chambering and clearing of a single round to where
the bullet moves back into the case creating higher chamber pressure
could be a likely cause for kaboom. Unless there is a high incident of
of this, the .40 is going to be used

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR