JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But the OP only starts threads to troll the membership. By calling people names like "homophobe" and "racist". So there's that. :rolleyes:
Th OP is either on a moderator mandated break or got bored, which means we can engage in productive conversation should we so wish. I do not really care who actually started the thread, they get no points or rewards for doing so. I only care if the conversation is worthwhile. If they com back they can receive further education on forum etiquette or they can try for a permaban. That should not really impact the productive discussion other than filling it with spam.

As for the Kimbers, I am aware they had a reputation for jamming decades ago, but I am unaware they have had such a problem for quite some time. As far as I am concerned they are a pretty stock standard 1911; pretty, but overpriced for their capability compared to more modern offerings. That is not a bad thing if you are interested in more than just baseline capability (artistic value an all), but if you just want something that goes "bang!" reliably there are much more cost effective options.

To the extent that they still have a "bad reputation" that is probably just low information internet chatter. Which is basically where the OP gets all their knowledge, so it all tracks and we come full circle on the topic.

Th OP is either on a moderator mandated break or got bored, which means we can engage in productive conversation should we so wish. I do not really care who actually started the thread, they get no points or rewards for doing so. I only care if the conversation is worthwhile. If they com back they can receive further education on forum etiquette or they can try for a permaban. That should not really impact the productive discussion other than filling it with spam.

As for the Kimbers, I am aware they had a reputation for jamming decades ago, but I am unaware they have had such a problem for quite some time. As far as I am concerned they are a pretty stock standard 1911; pretty, but overpriced for their capability compared to more modern offerings. That is not a bad thing if you are interested in more than just baseline capability (artistic value an all), but if you just want something that goes "bang!" reliably there are much more cost effective options.

To the extent that they still have a "bad reputation" that is probably just low information internet chatter. Which is basically where the OP gets all their knowledge, so it all tracks and we come full circle on the topic.
I have a kimber custom 2 that I picked up from a member here a while back. I have about a 1000 flawless rounds threw it and really enjoy shooting it

I have a kimber custom 2 that I picked up from a member here a while back. I have about a 1000 flawless rounds threw it and really enjoy shooting it
I would imagine anything they made this century would not have any problems. They had some issues in the 80s and 90s when the company was struggling, and I imagine that is when this whole "bad reputation" thing started. They have not had any issues that I am aware of since.

You limp wrist any semiauto pistol it will jam except Sig they like it.
Maybe that is his problem.

This somehow seems fitting for this thread:

E8AB0BBA-6C06-47D9-9789-CD4C5133747D.jpeg

I wonder how many people realize that to treat someone "better" just because they are a minority..technically means they themselves are racist. Treat everyone the same..it's called equality.
I wish we would treat everyone based on their character. Seems like if we did that we would have less liars, scammers, manipulators, thieves, violent criminals, and arrogant a-holes. But then we wouldn't have any politicians I guess... Anyway Mr. King said it the best imo:

076880B1-73AB-4229-BF8A-4DFD03B17459.png

I wonder how many people realize that to treat someone "better" just because they are a minority..technically means they themselves are racist. Treat everyone the same..it's called equality.
"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally" More true today than ever. Too bad the racists are taking over, just look at how open and brazen they are getting about it, even giant companies are openly bragging about flouting the law on it now.

"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally" More true today than ever. Too bad the racists are taking over, just look at how open and brazen they are getting about it, even giant companies are openly bragging about flouting the law on it now.
Back in the day I was stationed on a carrier. We had a Mardet attachment onboard, about 80 or so marines. One day we noticed they were all wearing green face paint..that lasted about a week. Turns out they were having some race issues so their CO took care of the issue. No more black or white..just green. Smart guy.

Back in the day I was stationed on a carrier. We had a Mardet attachment onboard, about 80 or so marines. One day we noticed they were all wearing green face paint..that lasted about a week. Turns out they were having some race issues so their CO took care of the issue. No more black or white..just green. Smart guy.
Man is a genius and needs to be promoted to president.

Yes but, during platoon shower time, the Mandingo Warrior stood out and claimed his place among the Horse Soldiers. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top