JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hell, I'll throw one in for review. I thought it'd sell okay, given the fact that I'm willing to deliver and it's market rate.

Everyone all stocked up on 5.56?
i almost bout your ammo, but i bought triggers from you instead and your match ammo.LOL

For the most part, I think a lot of what I see on the classifieds is priced appropriately. People will (should) do their homework and see what the market price is, then figure that they'll have to pay for shipping anywhere, as well as consider availability and how long it will be to get it. I've known people who have an unrealistic figure in their head and they stay frustrated because they can't get what they want. I'm certain that what I've posted for sale is reasonably priced, but as other posters have said, money's tight for many, and it's easier to trade than pay outright. For my items for sale, I'm not interested in trades (maybe ammo) but appreciate the offers.

I'm guilty of doing that, but my thinking is usually to support the item they are selling. For example, if someone is selling a firearm I already own, and I'm a fan of that firearm, I might hit "like" for the rather direct reason that I like what he or she is selling, not necessarily trying to show interest in buying. If that is poor protocol on my part then I can stop doing it, but up to now I didn't think that was bad behavior.
Certainly not "bad behavior". I do it, and would also welcome any inquiries from the seller toward my interest.

snip ... Everybody wants the best deal for the money, and everyone also want the most they can get for their items... finding the balance is the key
There is always a buyer at your price, always ... problem is, how do you find them? One is not guaranteed of finding "that person" in a reasonable amount of time, or at all.

Have I paid "too much" for something I wanted right then? Uh yes, yes I have ... but it wasn't "too much" as I got the item when I wanted it. No guarantee another party won't buy the item, and then what? Those "I shoulda" regret stories crop up .... :s0161:

I am buying a lot more off from Gunbroker than this site because I dont have to guess if they will ship or not. Last six purchases have been on Gunbroker.
You've bought six guns since you bought a rifle from me?!?! I've got some catching up to do!

***Edit***
Ok, so apparently I've bought six guns and two cans since then.... So much for downsizing eh?

Last Edited:
$30 Raven and a $45 transfer fee = no sale. Seen a few of those.
Yup.....
Embrace_the_Suck.jpg

Then.....
Thank the Politicians and Voters of your community. They need to feel SAFE/SAFER. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

You've bought six guns since you bought a rifle from me?!?! I've got some catching up to do!

***Edit***
Ok, so apparently I've bought six guns and two cans since then.... So much for downsizing eh?
I have lost track of the number I have bought since then :)

The answer is ALWAYS price
Most of the time, like many here, the price kills the deal. I do not care what you or anyone else paid or "invested" in a particular item, I care what it will cost me to buy it.
These two posts will answer 90% of situations. If the price is right, people will make it happen. The simple fact is that many times, the price is not good. People want to sell within 5% of new, or within 5% of what you could pay at auction, gun broker, or gun shows.

The thing is, forum sales are none of those things. The item isn't new, and the buyer is taking on the risk of a non-new item, and the risk of having no recourse if it gives up the ghost on them. That risk should be accompanied and valued with a reduction of price. It would only take you a couple minutes of looking to find posts here that say "this is the price on GB." Well there's two things about that, this isn't GB, and the GB price also skims out of the sellers pocket, so that should be taken into account.

To go back to my previous point: if the price is right, people will make it happen. I've driven across the state to snag a great price on something before. I commute to work because the price was right in one place and the pay was right at the other. Economics are often the chief determining factor human behavior.

Hell, I'll throw one in for review. I thought it'd sell okay, given the fact that I'm willing to deliver and it's market rate.

Ammo is very price sensitive and is not considered (by most) to have stabilized in price yet. Your price might be OK today, but people are hoping for better prices in the near future (whether this is misguided or not is a separate question). Additionally, people look at ammo most frequently in terms of Cost Per Round (CPR), and that is doing you a disservice. It may be better to separate out the two items, but include the option to bundle in each post. So if you were to do something like:

"Selling these at $0.35 a shot, or I can put them all on stripper clips for you for $0.50 per round" Another benefit of this is that you give more flexibility to find the right customer. Someone may be interested in stripper clips, some may be interested in ammo, but fewer people will be interested in both.

I think right now people that are looking at that ad see "600 rounds, $300, .50 CPR no thank you" and may not even click in to see the stripper clips.

A word on shipping, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to ship. Shipping incurs extra price and/or inconvenience to the seller. I generally don't come to a regional board like this one for shipping deals, as this is Northwest Firearms, if I was going to go looking for shipping deals I would go to a national platform like ARFCOM. Likewise I would not go to MissouriWhitetails and wonder why they wouldn't ship to Portland.

This may be a simple misalignment of expectations between buyers and sellers.

Price of fuel makes for a much smaller market place in person to person deals, we all know that.

Add on bc and fees for the dealers the market shrinks more.

Add on 12% inflation on everything else and it makes money tight.

You can't stop the market changes, ammo is sure to be back on the shelves but will folks have money to buy it.

You guys are right on the money on this stuff. Take fuel price for instance. There have been several items I'd have purchased over the last year, except I don't want to make the trip to Portland like I used to. Four dollars a gallon times 6 gallons round trip, does not pencil out like it did two years ago. I tend to look closer to home lately.

I'm with Ginocide , as far as shipping. If I expected something shipped to me I'd be looking on gunbroker or gunauction. When on here, I'm just assuming local meetup / face-to-face transaction; no matter if I'm buying, selling, or trading. Really, just be polite, not a douche nozzle - and price your item sanely. That's all it takes. I've spent many a weekend sitting at a gunshow table, and the two toughest things to sell are used scopes and used shotguns. Doesn't matter how high quality they are or how nice of condition; people seem to expect those two items to be just about given away. So you really need to be prepared to bite the bullet and do some aggressive pricing if you expect to sell either of those.

You guys are right on the money on this stuff. Take fuel price for instance. There have been several items I'd have purchased over the last year, except I don't want to make the trip to Portland like I used to. Four dollars a gallon times 6 gallons round trip, does not pencil out like it did two years ago. I tend to look closer to home lately.
Unless! You can find some moron that likes road trips and will deliver. Right? :D And lives in potland and just loves to get out for a day.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top