JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's also Boating and Vacation season. Lots of Dollars are going into the Boats and into the RVs to get them ready for the Vacation. I'm one of those who has taken a Vacation to either look at or possibly purchase a new firearm. Because of my health I'm not doing that this year. I haven't hardly fired several recent purchases.:(:(:(

You hit the nail on the head in my camp....
My RV identifies as a B O A T...:eek::eek::eek:
My boat is doing great at the moment although but we are looking to upgrade to a 32-26' 5th wheel real soon when these summer prices come down.:cool:

Then you get Retired folks who have spent a life time gathering up the cool stuff and are not purchasing any thing unless it trips their trigger and is a good price or a highly rare and/or desired piece. So your ARs and Glocks are not going to be moving much.:cool:

I resemble that remark!!! :D

That's where am at. Just buying collector pieces because I'm old and love steel and wood!

And I don't want to see any snarky remarks about "wood!":eek:

Personally i just went from comfortably above minimum wage back to minimum wage so expanding my collection isnt in the cards right now.
Depends on what your selling too.
my m14 and thompson moved quickly, if i were to throw up my ar10 however. That aint goin nowhere.

Your not alone, due to rising healthcare cost many living wages are now not viable. I am having to look elsewhere right now to some how supplement the income, it may even result in selling some bang sticks.

Pawn shops have inflated prices.

People want more for their guns then it's worth for me to drive an hour, plus gas, plus transfer and I'm close to the new price.

I have very little disposable income but I've bought a mark 3 pistol and a single shot 20ga in the last 4-5 weeks because they were very reasonably priced.

Unfortunately with all the added costs of buying used you aren't going to get almost what you paid for it from most people, your going to have to take a 20-25% hit to move it anytime soon.

Winter when people need xmas money they sell guns cheap and tax season people have money to spend on guns that aren't way cheap.

Summer is short so people usually fund home improvement projects around then as well.

Just my 2¢

Dude.... hammer on nail! I have pumped $12k into building materials for my house (so far) that I'm working like a dawg to get completed before the rains arrive.

The best thing is, all this work will add about $20k in value to my house.... I'll take it! ;)

I resemble that remark!!! :D

That's where am at. Just buying collector pieces because I'm old and love steel and wood!

And I don't want to see any snarky remarks about "wood!":eek:

Got Wood? 20180220_110854.jpg

I added on a covered railed and gated Deck this year for our new Grandchild, to have a year round play areas that covered.

I took the money for it from my neighbors safe, when he asked me about it I said. I borrowed it. He asked when I would pay it back.
I said borrowing it doesn't mean to pay it back. If I took it then it OK to keep it. Just ask the guys at the Social Security office, they took your money and spent it why can't I ?:p

Ok but I really did built the deck, just finished about two weeks ago. And didn't borrow it...:p

Summer Months are always tight on gun sales as well as early fall.
The reason is Family Vacations and Fall for getting the kids back to school. This endeavor is fairly expensive on the family bill fold.
And of course with the scare of Hitlery getting elected companies stocked up on inventory to an unbelievable level. Only to end up over stocked and millions setting on the shelf in inventory. SO in order to survive and get rid of the Inventories prices are at an all time low. Especially in the AR Rifle market and parts. And will be for some time. I remember when the guys were giving up and over $2000 for a high quality AR before the election. Now they can find a new quality AR rifle easily for $700 or less. And so due to the past scare the private market is even flooded with deals.
Fall will pick up for hunting rifles, shotguns for hunting and probably pistol sales. Everyone around here is wanting and scheduling a Conceal Carry Class since Tennessee requires one. Which means my friends here will be probably purchasing at least 5-6 new pistols for the guys and gals.:)
I am thrilled that they are going to do that! We will be having some training sessions here at our place just to increase skill levels.

Amongst all the things others have mentioned to their reasons for this, i will add that a lot of people over the last few years have kind of used money for guns that might have gone to other areas in life (family, dwelling, transport etc)

They're now needing to rein that back in again and it obviously causes a lull in the firearms funds.

Other than that, i'll say that there are generally too many things to spend money on ;) (see above) i know from personal experience that the housing market started going bonkers right at the start of this year, nothing stayed on the market longer than a week and nothing went for lower than the asking price.
So many ancillary costs as well as new projects/maintenance stuff on the house you just move to has meant that gun money is almost out of the question. Oh, and baby.

Amongst all the things others have mentioned to their reasons for this, i will add that a lot of people over the last few years have kind of used money for guns that might have gone to other areas in life (family, dwelling, transport etc)

They're now needing to rein that back in again and it obviously causes a lull in the firearms funds.

Other than that, i'll say that there are generally too many things to spend money on ;) (see above) i know from personal experience that the housing market started going bonkers right at the start of this year, nothing stayed on the market longer than a week and nothing went for lower than the asking price.
So many ancillary costs as well as new projects/maintenance stuff on the house you just move to has meant that gun money is almost out of the question. Oh, and baby.
Truth here.

You guys on the west side have a great advantage due to population. Here in wenatchee, few customers combined with no real way to reach those customers equals it being about impossible to sell a gun. Yes I can list on the big sites such as gun broker or arms list and I have tried that but maybe 20 people per yr from this little backwater town look on these sites.

The local commie run news rag [news paper] charges ridiculous super high ad rates and it takes literally months to sell a gun, even on their site/paper. A few yrs ago I was lucky enough to snag a "run till sold" listing for something like $39 bucks.

I listed 2 guns, it took months to sell them and going rates I see similar used guns sell for online. The paper would call and email me every week to confirm the items in the ad were not sold, they wanted that ad gone. Not kidding at current rates it would have cost me 1k or more to run the same ad paying 30 to 50.00 per week like they want now.

I think this used gun sales issue is mostly due to the new transfer rules as I had many people back out after I told them to meet me at the LGS for the transfer.They would say what? I would explain the law and they would mumble and say, no, forget it. Got 2 people who went all the way to the LGS meet, then backed out.

If you guys list a gun here on this site and your from the west side, at least there are hundreds of possible customers. Not so for me. I can't sell guns unless I am willing to ship and selling at give-a-way prices. Same with trades. No one is going to drive over hear unless it is a super popular or desirable gun at a bargain price. Every one wants a deal.

No frigin gun shows here ether. Since I sell gun related products for my business, I'm seriously considering starting to travel to the gun shows and getting a table to sell my products.

I guess I could bring along some guns and try to sell/trade them also. It is really hard to tell if a gun show is a two bit 20 table small time operation or something big that thousands of people will attend, those statistics are nigh impossible to come by, even when asking the question on here, what gun shows are the "big ones" worth the trouble of travel, hotel, gas, table cost etc. Guess I'll just have to "go fer it" and figure all that out for my self.

Since I used to be in the website biz, I even tried getting a local classified site going, no dice. And the local gun stores stopped doing consignments as they would rather do "new gun" sales, must be more profitable?

Move to wenatchee if you like small towns with zero access to the local gun owners community, BTW, screw u Craigslist, in so many ways, but mostly because you don't allow guns for sale.

For fun I tried listing a few just to see how quick they would get taken down, CL was on it before right away and no gun listings were ever published. Then I tried hiding the fact it was a gun and posting a misleading title and description and putting pictures only of the item for sale, just to see what would happen. Must be plenty of commies living here, or browsing CL from other areas because the ads did go live but lasted about an hour before getting flagged and removed.

boo hoo.....ha ha ha. Still love it here, but some things in small towns like this do suck.

The price of living in a small town, far away from a large urban area with higher populations.

Given the present political climate and all, it might be fun to make a large hand held "guns for sale" sign and stand on a busy street corner just to stir up some sh--t & maybe get some attention.

Who knows, the commie rag paper got sold recently, I have no idea if the new rag owners are as commie as the old rag owners. Maybe they might come out and do an interview, if I keep it up for 3 to 5 days.

I could have gun sales fliers ready and just hand them out till I sold the guns. I could put a "vote no" on the new gun initiative message on the flier along with a statement saying the guns will only be sold in accordance with state transfer requirements message.

Might be a good idea to have some bear size pepper spray with me in case any west side commies or antifa jerks come by and try to harass me. My sign post will be a "Louisville slugger", so bring it on antifa tards.

~

If people would actually sell their stuff for what it's worth instead of $20 less than new things would move a lot faster.

I sold my G19x for $450. Because I am not greedy. And it's a used gun. So there's that.

If people would actually sell their stuff for what it's worth instead of $20 less than new things would move a lot faster.

I sold my G19x for $450. Because I am not greedy. And it's a used gun. So there's that.
I was thinking about putting my g17 up for 425. Same thing. Not greedy, just want another .357 snub.

Speaking for myself :

if I can buy the same gun new for 30% more than a used one I will buy the new gun

If the gun has been fired by the person selling the gun after it was purchased - it not "NEW". Put a couple of hundred rounds through - it is not "LIKE NEW"

Some bozo decides to spray paint their gun they are trying to hide something- I don't want to buy an arts and craft project. - it is not a positive selling point to me.

A rifle may have a "LMT, Noveske, etcc….receiver" That does not make it a Noveske or LMT or … unless it was assembled completely by Noveske or LMT or etc.... it is a franken gun using someone's receiver. Unless I know who assembled it - makes it highly questionable for me. For me to buy this type of rifle the price will need to reflect this before I will lay cash down.

These are things I consider when buying used guns.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews