JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The AntiFa party......oops Democrat Governor Cooper party. Its all of the New Jersey/New York/Virginia transplants that leave the north because of the taxes, regulations and restrictions and immediately try to impose the same thing here in North Carolina. I still remember the first time I saw the first "Don't Californicate Colorado" bumper sticker in the 70's. Didn't realize how bad it would get.

In much of the South, the carry laws/purchase laws are holdovers from keeping blacks unarmed.

Last Edited:
On original topic, why doesn't anyone have money...

Well, it doesn't help that folks ask too much. Might sour other folks from even looking.

Fellow member just posted up a for sale of some mixed ammo at $300 or trade value of $300. His ammo lot has a value of maybe $180, at retail.

Why should folks even look if people are asking near double?

In terms of buying from this site, most of the sales seem to be in the Vancouver/Portland metro area. I am about 45 miles north of Seattle, and like an earlier poster mentioned, I am not going to drive 100+ miles round trip in Seattle-area traffic to save $ 50. The hassle and expense of the universal background check also comes into play. I also have an advantage in that my neighbor is a smith and charges $35 for a transfer. If I need something new, a couple of clicks on Bud's site and I end up saving off retail. So unless I find something local that I need (and after 40 years of shooting and collecting, I don't need very much) and is reasonably priced, I will pass. I am still looking for a four inch stainless Security Six to round out my collection, but beyond that, the safe is pretty much full.

People may be better off putting their stuff on consignment somewhere.
Let someone else advertise it and all that.

Even before the change in buying guns I had never bought a gun from outside my circle of friends or family.
Used guns that I buy from the gun store are usually something that I bought while I was there getting something else.
But it has to be a pretty good deal for me to want to even look it over.
I'm not paying near new prices for a used gun, don't care how many rounds have been through it or what whiz bang gadgets are on it.

It would have to be a screaming good deal and something I have wanted my entire life to make me want to slog my way through traffic to where ever and do the hassle of a transfer now days.

In the much of the South, the carry laws/purchase laws are holdovers from keeping blacks unarmed.
Good amount of the laws have to do with biker gangs.

Purchase permits are the remainders of those laws. Figures republicans would try to get rid of those laws but democrats keep em.

Last Edited:
For all practical purposes, guns don't really wear out. They are manufacturing guns much faster than we are manufacturing new shooters. This is why I've stayed away from gun maker stocks. Supply is outpacing demand.

You should see how AOBC in particular did this month

To me a good reliable ar15 is a ruger ar556 I can get those for a bit over 6 Bill's. Yet we have people building rifles on the cheap and wanting as much or more for a used Franken ( think piece mealed )gun with a thousand rounds through them. There are enough ar's out there where I am not going to pay top dollar.

Last Edited:
To the OP.
It's OK your gona survive this. [We all are] :D

I recommend...………..

{A3D41D12-5B72-4E12-951D-4DE7FFA7AE60}Img400.jpg

Last Edited:
It's been said before, but I'll say it again: Someone Posts a Firearm that I might be interested in and the next thing it says is "No Shipping"

I know that many people think that shipping is a PITA but it really isn't as bad as that especially if you are an FFL. The sale is going to have to go through an FFL anyway so if a customer wants you to ship to his FFL, why not.

That's what "No Shipping" is going to get you.:):):)

I never shipped a gun and never had a problem selling .
I'd prefer the person buying to look the gun over before hand.

Your frustration is understandable. I just don't care about it compared to my own. :s0112:
I knew that was going to be your remark. Thankfully, I'll never be dealing with you.

Speaking only for myself , what keeps me from buying is :

It can be difficult these days to find a gun that I am interested in...
It seems that most folks are selling guns , that while many others like or even are of quality , just aren't the style I like or are made of materials , that do not appeal to me....

Shipping can be a hassle , depending on the FFL used and just how far away they are...

Living so far away from most of y'all here , can be a sale stopper...so to speak....

The hassle of having to go through a dumbazz BS background check...

And of course there is the budget thing....what money comes in , is often needed elsewhere.
Which brings me to my last reason... I do save up for my gun money...but it can be that when I have the money , there is no gun out there I want...and when I don't have the money , I find all the deals....:eek::D
Andy

Just checked through the pages since my post here.

I got nothing to add to why folks are not buying, but I managed to sell 6 firearms since I posted last to now.

Seems like folks have some money to buy after all!

:p

@titsonritz @NCW_Robert

In the spirit of having an open discussion I'll fill you in on the other side of the counter. Private party transfers aren't something I'm a fan of on both principal and practicality and doing them isn't the best use of our time. We charge $40 for the transfer and collect the $10 OSP charges. At the end of the day we do transfers as a service to our customers. We're not doing it to screw our customers over, we don't love them and they aren't "easy money". The fact is when everything is factored in most transfers take 45-60 minutes, some are quicker and some are slower but that's the average. At the cost of paying an employee for his/her time and all the other overhead that $40 is a break even point. IMO customers would be more upset if we didn't offer the service at all and sent them somewhere else.

Most transfers come at the busiest parts of the day and take employee time away from helping other customers. We don't stop helping the customer with the transfer and start helping other people even though it would be better for us financially to do so. We treat them with the respect they deserve and give them the same level of service we would give anyone else. There's a reason Big Box stores don't do them, it's not profitable so they don't think it's worth their time.

Some people charge more and some people charge less and it's the customers right to shop and spend their money wherever they want to but that's just what we have to charge to offer the service and keep our doors open.

Unfortunately it's a suck situation all the way around and I wish their was a better solution. It's something that is a hassle on both sides of the counter and we understand that, we'd rather be spending that time with customers that need our advice or help than processing some paperwork.

I would gladly use your store to perform transfers, however I pass your store every time I drive to A Cut Above where they charge $25 total.

I'd say you would be better off charging a competitive rate. I can't tell you how many times I have been to A Cut Above for transfers and have bought something else while in there.

I'd say you are losing a lot of traffic.

Sorry, to come off rude, but I think you're price is higher than needed. It also gives me the impression that you may charge higher prices on other stuff with this business model.

I wish you the best of luck.

Just as a test I searched gunbroker for used walther p22 pistols. I just bought this gun new for $239 +$10 transfer at local sportsman's warehouse. Now compare that to the used prices shown below (first two pages of the search are shown).

Why in the world would poeple pay more for a used gun than new? Makes no sense to me.

Please note I'm not talking about folks selling used guns for reasonable prices, only these higher-than-new prices I seem to see a lot of.

View attachment 502737

View attachment 502738

That's what it was for me when I bough my m&p 2.0 compact. I bought it brand new for $100 less than at leas 2 people were trying to sell the same gun for on this website, then add the extra expense for transferring and it's even worse off.

That's what it was for me when I bough my m&p 2.0 compact. I bought it brand new for $100 less than at leas 2 people were trying to sell the same gun for on this website, then add the extra expense for transferring and it's even worse off.

Yeah it seems people selling S&W M&P's ask for to much more than anyone else on average. Used Gen 1's for $400+. You can get brand new 4" and 5" model gen 2's for under $400. If you can find someone to buy it great but dont be surprised if it doesn't sell...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews