JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
THIS JUST IN...

WLP to resign effective January 31, 2024. Citing health reasons (but betting trying to see if he can find a way to keep his money might be a factor).
There seems little doubt he is trying to throw a monkey wrench in the lawsuit by mooting the removal from leadership demand and leave himself room to settle and plea out.

Not that I believe he cares, but it may also provide some shelter for his 3 cronies that were named and on the same chopping block.

Either way he's gone, which is nothing but good news. The other 3 need to go too... and they should all most certainly be forced to personally pay full restitution for the 3 decades of misappropriations.

That's the only way the membership and the 2A community as a whole could actually see any real "justice".

Disband the NRA, MHO its been a sell out shill for decades.
I stopped donating when they basically snubbed Oregon and Washington the last 13 years.
I wont give another penny to a gun lobby. If you do that is awesome and I support that right.
But over 60 now been donating most my life and wow still lose rights every years.
If I had a job 60 years and never solved anything? That is the point.

I became soured on the NRA a few years back when they started spending money on things I thought were unwise and irresponsible. Now that WLP is gone I hope those practices will desist. Like it or not, the NRA is still the largest gun rights organization, and though I switched my financial support to the smaller ones (2AF, GOA), I could see myself helping out the NRA when a new leader takes the helm. If gun rights are lost it won't be so much from the anti-gun crowd as it will be from lack of unity within the 2nd amendment supporters.

So the State of NY seizes the assets, until THEY decide how much of and when these funds are to be returned.
This timed in lock step with the election.

Hummmm.

So the State of NY seizes the assets, until THEY decide how much of and when these funds are to be returned.
This timed in lock step with the election.

Hummmm.
Things that makes one wonder...

I am guessing here.. that they won't stop until the NRA is literally toothless and shredded to pieces, with member dues never getting where should go, and only to line the pockets of NY politicians?

[...I am guessing here.. that they won't stop until the NRA is literally toothless and shredded to pieces,...]

Isn't that what most of the members here hoped for?

Last Edited:
Isn't that what most of the members here hoped for?
No. As far as I can tell all we wanted was WLP and his questionable dealings out.
Not sure why you would think any different seeing as that's pretty much all anyone has posted on here, unless some of the ones that I am too 'spicy' for have posted things that I haven't bothered logging out to see

Nope. WLP was just the latest copout for folks to save their money to buy their next latte, then blame someone else that their 2A Rights have not been protected.

NRA is not the only 2A org to donate to.

Second Amendment Foundation

Gun Owners of America

Firearms Policy Coalition

Pink Gun

Oregon Firearms Federation (as much as some seem to hate the guy in charge...)

I am probably missing some?

No. As far as I can tell all we wanted was WLP and his questionable dealings out.
Not sure why you would think any different seeing as that's pretty much all anyone has posted on here
👆 This.

Simply... WLP and his inner circle out, hope for the best for a successful reorganization and return to the core principles the NRA once fought tirelessly for.

Unfortunately, a successful reorganization and return to "power" is not a given, but I think anyone in the 2A community would certainly be hoping for a rejuvenated, active and singularly focused NRA once the dust settles.

I also don't really buy into the idea that folks have just been using WLP as an excuse not to continue to support pro-2A actions. For myself, and from most I've read from others... support funds have simply been redirected away from the NRA and toward other worthwhile and effective 2A organizations.

If the NRA does get their act together and worthy of public support again I can certainly see many folks actually increasing their annual contributions toward protecting our rights. Some may just spread the same amount equally among the various groups, but I think more than a good handful will not want to suddenly reduce their support of the organizations they are currently contributing to and might just consider digging a little deeper into their pockets to restart supporting the NRA, too(?) One possibility, anyway.

I've been thinking about it and am likely to contribute to the NRA again, in good faith, for at least one year. I'm sure many though will take the wary approach of, "prove you've changed and I'll consider supporting you again". They can't very well prove themselves though without the resources to do so... is my thinking... and I'm willing to give them a limited benefit of the doubt.

I'm not going to short change my contributions to FPC, SAF and GOA though to do it. They've all consistently proved themselves more than worthy of our/my support. YMMV

I also don't really buy into the idea that folks have just been using WLP as an excuse not to continue to support pro-2A actions. For myself, and from most I've read from others... support funds have simply been redirected away from the NRA and toward other worthwhile and effective 2A organizations.
On one hand you have local folks fighting the local fights, on the other hand you have imported Italian calfskin gloves with eel trim and cashmere lining
Hard to say who I would send my money to 🤔

On one hand you have local folks fighting the local fights, on the other hand you have imported Italian calfskin gloves with eel trim and cashmere lining
Hard to say who I would send my money to 🤔
Yup!

I guess we also shouldn't forget about the folks that took their NRA $'s and put them toward other pro-2A purposes. Like buying more firearms and freedom seeds. ;)

Those $'s are not likely to return to the legal battles for our rights, regardless of what happens to the NRA.

Think of my position as like treating a cancer patient: I want to excise the tumor, not send the patient to Organ Harvesting. I'll consider upgrading from Basic Life to whatever's next, AFTER I see improvement.

As it is, somehow they got my mother's phone number a while back when I had never given them one and were harassing HER for more money, and I finally had to explain to them that "the money is stopped until the harassment of my mother stops and her phone number is purged from your databases."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top