JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ohhhh.... the irony!! :s0140:

NY's AG, Leticia James moves to have LaPierre and 3 other board of directors removed from the NRA under accusations of long term corruption and misappropriation of funds of a non-profit. Any money recovered from those individuals would be returned to the NRA.

So... let me see if I get this right. What you're telling me is... in an anti-firearm push to "cripple" the NRA, they are attempting to do what the majority of the NRA membership and firearm owners have been trying to do for decades... for us?

YES please, Ma'am!!💯👍 Bless your little heart.:s0140:

1704246694841.png
:s0090:

Long overdue for Wayne to go down. I hope he spends time in sing sing prison.

Or maybe at a hunting camp where he can spend quality time with us who have paid $$ for his abuses and lavish lifestyle.

If the government can dictate to a nonprofit organization on who is and who isn't on the board of directors, then what are they going to do to companies like Apple when they don't want to give out phone codes, Boeing when they want x amount for a new Air Force One or any other company that doesn't satisfy the current political party.
No. This is a bad idea. I may not like what Wayno has done in the past, but we don't need the brown shirts sticking their nose in our business.
You can survive with good leadership.
You can survive with bad leadership.
But you can't survive with no leadership at all.

If the government can dictate to a nonprofit organization on who is and who isn't on the board of directors
That isn't what happened, here is the story not behind a paywall. Short version is that they are alleging that WLP is a crook, defrauded people donating to the NRA and used the stolen money for his own personal enrichment. If that allegation is true the legal action is totally within the rights of the government

The bottom line is we, gun owners, 2A supporters, and NRA members, are relying on the NY AG to do something that the board of the NRA has been unwilling to do for far too long. That is a sad state of affairs.

An existential threat to it's future?:s0140:

Ahhh... ya slay me CNS! (Everyone's a comedian)😁

It often seems the net affect of their agenda is simply creating first time gun owners at unprecedented levels, promoting record breaking firearm sales... and now they are going to cut out the infesting cancer from the NRA and rebirth it back into the beast it once was.

Careful what you wish for!

A dem is doing it, can't be all good. Be afraid (of the dem), be very afraid.
I agree. I think that WLP is a despicable person, but I deal with him by refusing to be a member of the NRA as long as he is there. They will never get my money because of him. BUT, I like her a lot less. She is a nasty political beast and an enemy of all gun owners. I don't see that the NRA has done much good for anyone in the past 2-3 years. The smaller organizations have stood up the the government and filled the lawsuits and retorts and the amicus briefs.... Anyone see the NRA doing much of that? I do not. There is rot in the NRA, and that is not doing any good for its members. Why do people keep sending them their hard earned money?? It is a voluntary organization, we're not forced to join them

Last Edited:
The bottom line is we, gun owners, 2A supporters, and NRA members, are relying on the NY AG to do something that the board of the NRA has been unwilling to do for far too long. That is a sad state of affairs.
Because collectively WE the Voting Members have been unwilling to Sack Up and clean house on the Board for far too long. (I say "We" as a VM even though I SOLELY joined on a Throw The Bums Out agenda.)

And once my fire-sale Life was paid off to ensure they couldn't deny me a ballot by "losing my dues payment" as they've done to others before, not one more dime.

Kinda like Theoden in LOTR--strike Wayne Wormtongue down, and the king will emerge ready to ride into battle and stronger than ever before.

Because collectively WE the Voting Members have been unwilling to Sack Up and clean house on the Board for far too long. (I say "We" as a VM even though I SOLELY joined on a Throw The Bums Out agenda.)

And once my fire-sale Life was paid off to ensure they couldn't deny me a ballot by "losing my dues payment" as they've done to others before, not one more dime.

Kinda like Theoden in LOTR--strike Wayne Wormtongue down, and the king will emerge ready to ride into battle and stronger than ever before.
With a huge board, it is nearly impossible to fix. There are 76 members on the board, 25 elected each year. We have elected many good people who get exhausted crashing their lances into windmills. Perhaps if we begin treating the board member supporters of WLP as ex-communicato, let them know we will not support their businesses, etc. there might come a change.

With a huge board, it is nearly impossible to fix. There are 76 members on the board, 25 elected each year. We have elected many good people who get exhausted crashing their lances into windmills. Perhaps if we begin treating the board member supporters of WLP as ex-communicato, let them know we will not support their businesses, etc. there might come a change.
Step one is ID their companies and complie the blacklist.

This is the same weapon used against corrupt labor unions. In theory, it should not do anything but remove the center of the problem, and let the members straighten things out. Especially desirable is extracting corrupt wealth from the former leaders and returning it to the victims.

There are two dangers in this. First, that the Government will use this power to weaken the organization. Second, that the organization is so infested with corruption that the rank & file cannot reform it.

Both of these have happened with labor unions. However, the government was never able to completely control them, and they continue to exist and exert power. Some suspect that the lock one party has on labor voters is due to past interference with the unions, but that has yet to be proven.

A similar legal maneuver to accomplish the same thing would be a civil lawsuit by members. This has two disadvantages. First, it must be funded by the victims, and second the defendants have full access to the assets and cash flows of the organization to use to defend themselves.

If the net is cast wide enough to examine those on the Board that have strongly supported WLP, there may be some interesting information emerging. Including them in any ruling could purge the NRA of that group.

This is the same weapon used against corrupt labor unions. In theory, it should not do anything but remove the center of the problem, and let the members straighten things out. Especially desirable is extracting corrupt wealth from the former leaders and returning it to the victims.

There are two dangers in this. First, that the Government will use this power to weaken the organization. Second, that the organization is so infested with corruption that the rank & file cannot reform it.

Both of these have happened with labor unions. However, the government was never able to completely control them, and they continue to exist and exert power. Some suspect that the lock one party has on labor voters is due to past interference with the unions, but that has yet to be proven.

A similar legal maneuver to accomplish the same thing would be a civil lawsuit by members. This has two disadvantages. First, it must be funded by the victims, and second the defendants have full access to the assets and cash flows of the organization to use to defend themselves.

If the net is cast wide enough to examine those on the Board that have strongly supported WLP, there may be some interesting information emerging. Including them in any ruling could purge the NRA of that group.
Good points. Except the left hates guns and wants to completely remove them from America's citizens. The left only wanted to get rid of corruption within labor unions. Especially since the left get millions upon millions of workers money in donations every year.
Not a thing I can do about it, but I wouldn't trust a dem as far as I could throw a fat one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top